Speculation: 2015 - 2016 New York Rangers Roster Building Thread Part XVIII Mod Warning Post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Yeah, I'm sure the Rangers brass just forgot about Semin or something.

Or, they looked into it and decided they didn't want him.

Or, perhaps they even matched the offer and Semin decided to go to MTL.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I'm sure they didn't want him because Jeffiry Grotuns thinks he is scum, and Tanner Glass.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Now that Semin is off the table, what are the other options?

Do they go to war with this roster once Stepan is inked?

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
Don't be mad at the Habs. Be mad at yourself for not doing your homework on Semin. #bebetter

This. You are nuts if you wanted Semin. His fancy stats are great though, and that means everything when it comes to success in hockey. :sarcasm:

Look at what Lou said yesterday about the need to find players that respect the organization, the staff, and each other. That is how you build a winning team. Think Derek Jeter. He may not have the most talent, but he has the will and the respect of his teammates. He demanded that every Yankee be a consummate professional no matter where they came from or how much they were paid. Semin is the opposite of that.

That is one of the reasons why the Sather Dark Ages in the early 2000s was such a failure. Sather brought in a bunch of highly paid players that wouldn't sacrifice everything for the team. They were a bunch of mercenaries.

Semin has a great shot though. So did Ales "Kotasleep" Kotalik. That guy was an empty uniform. I'm looking forward to seeing Habs fans rip into Semin this year. :popcorn:

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013

Yes.

They could also ditch Glass, but that probably isn't happening.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Semin is a shooter. Very very few players take more shots than Semin. You guys ***** and moan about how no one is willing to shoot, but vehemently opposed to adding a shooter.

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
Semin is a shooter. Very very few players take more shots than Semin. You guys ***** and moan about how no one is willing to shoot, but vehemently opposed to adding a shooter.

Kotalik was a shooter. He sucked. Semin, at this point in his career, is Kotalik 2.0 except even lazier.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess

How about a shooter that doesn't take 3/4's of a season off, we already have Kreider. But yea for 1.1 mill that's pretty cheap for 20 games of production. lmao

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
I hate Montreal, but I hope Semin pots 30 or so. I hate idiots like Darren Pang more.

Who cares about darren pang.

How many more wins would his 30 goals provide to the scabs? Maybe enough to get a higher seed in the East than the Rangers.

So, **** that....

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

Much to the chagrin of people who want ACTION when it comes to roster shakeups, I think the Rangers are set.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
I had my bachelor party there. Its a wonderful city. Just dont think about the entitled hockey team and their fans.

Everyone I know that has had some sort of bachelor party there has said that very same thing, in addition to it smoking Vegas.

the other part of your post is 100% correct, what an entitled fanbase that is.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
I find it funny how people **** on a player(Semin) for one bad season plagued with wrist injuries and also not having a very good team or linemates. 1.1Mil for 1 year is an absolute steal, most Montreal fans should be happy.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I find it funny how people **** on a player(Semin) for one bad season plagued with wrist injuries and also not having a very good team or linemates. 1.1Mil for 1 year is an absolute steal, most Montreal fans should be livid.

It's not one bad season. It's two bad seasons and the injury was not the reason he was being healthy scratched. That reason just happens to coincide with the knock on Semin his whole career.

We don't need him anyway. Team was 3rd in GF last year. Montreal was 20th. They need him more.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I really didn't know about the Montreal fans until they non-stop *****ed about Kreider when Price got injured in the ECF.

They've always been annoying as ****. 24 cups, Allah's gift to hockey, hockey Mecca, GOATOAT of all time

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
It's not one bad season. It's two bad seasons and the injury was not the reason he was being healthy scratched. That reason just happens to coincide with the knock on Semin his whole career.

We don't need him anyway. Team was 3rd in GF last year. Montreal was 20th. They need him more.

We lost MSL and Hags. Also Nash had a career season. I highly doubt we'll be top 5 again.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
This. You are nuts if you wanted Semin. His fancy stats are great though, and that means everything when it comes to success in hockey. :sarcasm:

Look at what Lou said yesterday about the need to find players that respect the organization, the staff, and each other. That is how you build a winning team. Think Derek Jeter. He may not have the most talent, but he has the will and the respect of his teammates. He demanded that every Yankee be a consummate professional no matter where they came from or how much they were paid. Semin is the opposite of that.

That is one of the reasons why the Sather Dark Ages in the early 2000s was such a failure. Sather brought in a bunch of highly paid players that wouldn't sacrifice everything for the team. They were a bunch of mercenaries.

Semin has a great shot though. So did Ales "Kotasleep" Kotalik. That guy was an empty uniform. I'm looking forward to seeing Habs fans rip into Semin this year. :popcorn:

Derek Jeter the hall of fame Shorstop? That Derek Jeter? He was pretty ****ing talented. But sure it was all about the respect of his teammates that lead to winning. Semin at 1.1 is a steal. But hey, we still have Tanner Glass so everything is great.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Derek Jeter the hall of fame Shorstop? That Derek Jeter? He was pretty ****ing talented. But sure it was all about the respect of his teammates that lead to winning. Semin at 1.1 is a steal. But hey, we still have Tanner Glass so everything is great.

To follow your logic, Glass does have the respect of his teammates and is a Hall of Fame, yeah that's where logic ends.....I tried.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS

I know right, he was only the best yankee shortstop to step into the batters box, but his talents didn't help at all, all he had to do was get respect.(Jeter got respect because he was the face of the MLB and TONS of people looked up to him) Semin at 1.1? We don't need that, Glass at 1.45? We need that, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad