Salary Cap: 2015 - 2016 New York Rangers Roster Building Thread Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
How much does the cap at 71.4 help us as opposed to 69?

Does that get Hagelin in?

Stepan 6..
Hags.. 3
Miller/Fast combined 2.

That's 11M.. with no 7th D or extra forwards, Cam will be traded so that will free up some cap, I feel like we would have to trade Glass at least to get it to work.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
With Tanner Glass, Dan Girardi, and MSL all off the ice, the Rangers as a team are 54.4% CF%. And that's not factoring in all of their crippling possession anchoring of their linemates.

A lot of this team's problems are self inflicted.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
With Tanner Glass, Dan Girardi, and MSL all off the ice, the Rangers as a team are 54.4% CF%. And that's not factoring in all of their crippling possession anchoring of their linemates.

well 1 of those, maybe 2 (if they find a taker for Glass) will surely be gone.

Rick Nash 61

The Best
Jul 6, 2014
New York

The "dream" lineup:

Nash-Brassard-Zucc
Kreider-Stepan-Yakupov
Miller-Hayes-Semin@50%
Condra-Moore-Fast

McDonagh-Ehrhoff
Yandle-Staal
Skjei/Hunwick-Boyle

Hank
Backup

Don't know if it fits under the cap, but I want it. That offense would be ****ing nasty, rolling 4 lines with ease.

Alphacat

Sep 1, 2011
New York

I'm not the biggest stats guy so I have a question. Doesn't every team have a few players that bring down possession numbers? Does any team have the perfect stats roster?

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI

So frustrating knowing that we were 2 moves from being an almost flawless team. Flawless might be too strong but its the best word I can think of. Replace Girardi and Glass with Stralman and someone who can actually play hockey. Man that would have been interesting.

Alphacat

Sep 1, 2011
New York
The "dream" lineup:

Nash-Brassard-Zucc
Kreider-Stepan-Yakupov
Miller-Hayes-Semin@50%
Condra-Moore-Fast

McDonagh-Ehrhoff
Yandle-Staal
Skjei/Hunwick-Boyle

Hank
Backup

Don't know if it fits under the cap, but I want it. That offense would be ****ing nasty, rolling 4 lines with ease.

Those forward lines look so gorgeous on paper. Things would get ugly though if Yakupov or Semin underperformed. Love that 4th line.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/...king-an-extension-worth-9-million-per-season/

Apparently Giordano is asking for 9m per.

IMO now is the time to move Yandle - maybe to Colorado for the 10th pick and a top prospect like Bigras. Rangers could re-sign Yandle, but I don't think he will be worth what I think he'll rightfully ask for (8m). Tampa has a pairing of Coburn-Garrison that makes the same amount as that IIRC. Rangers defense will be fine if they get a shot suppressing dman to play with Staal, for example Spurgeon.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I'm not the biggest stats guy so I have a question. Doesn't every team have a few players that bring down possession numbers? Does any team have the perfect stats roster?

Absolutely, every team has players that are below average in possession.

But what Glass, MSL, and Girardi have in common is that they murder team possession when they're on the ice. They have a special, unfounded ability on the team to make everyone on the ice a lot worse. And the latter two were among the Rangers TOI leaders at even strength.

And I guess the closest to a "perfect" stats roster would be Tampa Bay, but they only finished 4th in CF% over the season. The best teams in terms of CF% tend to have their best players be possession monsters (Hawks, Kings)

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/...king-an-extension-worth-9-million-per-season/

Apparently Giordano is asking for 9m per.

IMO now is the time to move Yandle - maybe to Colorado for the 10th pick and a top prospect like Bigras. Rangers could re-sign Yandle, but I don't think he will be worth what I think he'll rightfully ask for (8m). Tampa has a pairing of Coburn-Garrison that makes the same amount as that IIRC. Rangers defense will be fine if they get a shot suppressing dman to play with Staal, for example Spurgeon.

Giordano and Yandle aren't even in the same stratosphere.

I really don't believe Yandle will get any more than 7 million and I think even that is overdoing it.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
The "dream" lineup:

Nash-Brassard-Zucc
Kreider-Stepan-Yakupov
Miller-Hayes-Semin@50%
Condra-Moore-Fast

McDonagh-Ehrhoff
Yandle-Staal
Skjei/Hunwick-Boyle

Hank
Backup

Dont think it fits but man that could be a great lineup.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Giordano and Yandle aren't even in the same stratosphere.

I really don't believe Yandle will get any more than 7 million and I think even that is overdoing it.

7m is still far too much in my eyes for Yandle. I think Staal-Spurgeon would make a better pairing than Yandle-Klein for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad