Status
Not open for further replies.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN

00xtremeninja

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Hudson, I think most of all your family appreciates how mature of a guy you have been through high school and college.

I can only imagine how tough it will be for him to move on and not always have access to spending time with his brother and sister, but hopefully they will get the chance to go out and see him play at times.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Love that move for the B1G. ASU will most likely be the 8th member, then.

When the rumors were swirling about ASU and UConn I was really underwhelmed, but Notre Dame and ASU is in a whole different ballpark.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Was just going to post the ND stuff here, it makes sense since the B1G wanted them for football forever since they are in the Mid-East and actually would geographically make sense unlike recent editions (PSU 1990) and the two newest in Maryland and Rutgers. :shakehead

Someone said ASU could be the 8th. :scared:

I really hope Fasching flourishes in Buffalo. I've always kind of thought of Buffalo as my defacto Eastern Conference team, ever since Vanek went there after winning a title with the Gophers.

Will be fun to see another Gopher head there, hopefully Fasching has a similar impact that Vanek had. :handclap:

Throw in 4 superbowl losses too and it's pretty similar.

Hence why my friend and I came up with the Minnefalo WildSabiz name especially with the back and forth deals recently.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
And ASU is not in it yet.

I gotta imagine it's going to happen. Although another rumor circulating is that Miami not happy with the NCHC and would want to join the B1G.

Although I don't really know if Miami meets the B1G's academic standards, and/or if the B1G would overlook that to take them in as an affiliate member for hockey.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
It likely is and that's fine. We aren't done with changes. If Miami goes, the NCHC would likely go after Kato or then ASU if the B1G stays at 8. ASU will likely make their announcement after the season.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Selfishly, I hope it's ASU. I have cousins in Phoenix. Room and board covered there, just would have to buy a plane ticket, and game tickets.

Watching the Gophers in shorts and a T shirt in January would be awesome :yo:

I do t-shirt and shorts in January here anyway for the most part. :laugh:

I like conferences that actually mean something, and have close rivalries, ASU doesn't do either, but it's an easy move for them to make, and of course as we've seen with "expansion" before, they don't really give a %$#e about the sports it's more about "markets" and how they can make more money.

Also, I do find the academic standards thing kinda laughable, as someone who went to a B1G school and freshman year was "this is how we write a five paragraph essay", stuff we did in elementary school (or earlier) it's like really? They also grandfathered Nebraska in as well, so....

00xtremeninja

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I like conferences that actually mean something, and have close rivalries, ASU doesn't do either, but it's an easy move for them to make, and of course as we've seen with "expansion" before, they don't really give a %$#e about the sports it's more about "markets" and how they can make more money.

Also, I do find the academic standards thing kinda laughable, as someone who went to a B1G school and freshman year was "this is how we write a five paragraph essay", stuff we did in elementary school (or earlier) it's like really? They also grandfathered Nebraska in as well, so....

I went to a Big10 school too and didn't get that how to write a paper class, it was, hey welcome to freshman English, read, write, and show us your critical thinking skills.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN

We'll, it's more about the research aspect more so than the actual difficulty of the classes.

00xtremeninja

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I'm sure ND and ASU will fill up Mariucci!

Notre Dame could for sure. They have had some pretty solid successes as a program and I welcome them to the Big10, would rather have established programs join the conference.

That's why I'd be more inclined to want Miami over ASU. Sure they might not be NoDak or BC, but they have offered competitive squads in the past.

Realistically though, I would rather just have schools already in the Big10 get D1 programs on the ice, but I know that is a long process with money and having to add in a woman's sport too. I bet Northwestern could easily do it being a private school.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Love ND in the B1G. More comp and whoever said the Badgers won't finish last next year... Good luck to ya. ;)

That was directed toward Arizona State. I don't think Wisconsin will finish last next year and definitely not 2017 when we have Max Gildon coming in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad