2015-2016 NCAA Hockey Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Gopher women are your 2016 National Champions :handclap:

Ending BC's perfect season, preserving their record as the only undefeated national champions.

What a program.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Glad to see my huskies win the NCHC in front of so many UND fans :laugh:

Now time to move on to the NCAA tournament which is the one that matters now. Keep it going huskies! :handclap:

At least UND fans show up. Another pathetic attendance for the big ten championship game. Home team needs to win to get into tourney yet only 6000 show up. Meanwhile UND and DU manage to get over 11,000 for a third place game.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
At least UND fans show up. Another pathetic attendance for the big ten championship game. Home team needs to win to get into tourney yet only 6000 show up. Meanwhile UND and DU manage to get over 11,000 for a third place game.

Why do you feel the need to compare the NCHC to the B1G constantly? To "prove" that the NCHC is a better conference? The NCHC is the better conference right now and it's not even a debate.

It just comes across as insecure.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Is North Dakota that team that the lowly Wisconsin beat in their own barn 3-1? Can't see them winning anything. Who knows, though.

Maybe they will find a way not to lose in the last .6 seconds of their tournament game :sarcasm:

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
East Regional – Albany, N.Y.

1. Quinnipiac vs. RIT – March 26, 4 p.m.
UMass-Lowell vs. Yale – March 26, 7:30 p.m.

Regional Final – March 27, 7:30 p.m.

Northeast Regional – Worcester, Mass.

4. Providence vs. Minnesota Duluth – March 25, 4:30 p.m.
Boston College vs. Harvard – March 25, 8 p.m.

Regional Final – March 26, 9 p.m.

Midwest Regional – Cincinnati, Ohio

3. North Dakota vs. Northeastern – March 25, 2 p.m.
Michigan vs. Notre Dame – March 25, 5:30 p.m.

Regional Final – March 26, 6 p.m.

West Regional – St. Paul, Minn.

2. St. Cloud State vs. Ferris State – March 26, 3 p.m.
Denver vs. Boston University – March 26, 6:30 p.m.

I got Qpac, BC, UND, and SCSU getting to the Frozen Four.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Why do you feel the need to compare the NCHC to the B1G constantly? To "prove" that the NCHC is a better conference? The NCHC is the better conference right now and it's not even a debate.

It just comes across as insecure.

To prove what the big ten has done to college hockey in our part of the country.. If you can't see that then so be it.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
To prove what the big ten has done to college hockey in our part of the country.. If you can't see that then so be it.

What do you even mean by that?

I was at the X last night, I saw how few people were there for a conference championship game.

When you have a colossal change like we just experienced in college hockey, it's going to take quite a few years to build new traditions. None of this was going to happen overnight.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
What do you even mean by that?

I was at the X last night, I saw how few people were there for a conference championship game.

When you have a colossal change like we just experienced in college hockey, it's going to take quite a few years to build new traditions. None of this was going to happen overnight.
Where are these other big ten schools that were going to come on board? There was talk of a few that were looking into it when the conference came about but I haven't heard nothing since. I realize it takes time but they have a lot of catching up to do with the way it has started thus far. Truthfully I'm still bitter about the break up of the WCHA. I know I need to let it go but I can't seem to.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
The big ten won't have great traditions until Wisconsin and Minnesota return to being the programs we know they can be. The play is also softer nowadays, harder to spark rivalries when you are afraid of getting an even up penalty for going after a guy.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
The big ten won't have great traditions until Wisconsin and Minnesota return to being the programs we know they can be. The play is also softer nowadays, harder to spark rivalries when you are afraid of getting an even up penalty for going after a guy.

Yeah, if you have Wisconsin and Minnesota as top 15-20 teams in the nation, and the B1G adds 2 more teams (even if they have to be affiliate members), things will start looking up.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Quinnipiac gets to play 2 of the 3 worst teams in the field. Not that they're guaranteed a win, but I'm pretty sure the Gophers were better than all three of those teams - and I'm far from a fan.

Denver-BU should be a great game.

UMD-Providence too. Watched way too much of Providence's 3ot game versus Lowell - not a whole lot of skill on that team with Jake Walman out but Winnipeg prospect Erik Foley is one to watch.

Speaking of Winnipeg, watched a lot of Michigan this season..so unstructured, but so much talent. I know the pairwise had Notre Dame in easily, but that is not a very good hockey team either.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Sounds like Fasching is talking to Buffalo this week about a contract. Supposedly he'll get a chance with the NHL club!

Selfishly was hoping he's come back, but deep down I think we all knew he was never coming back. I'm ok with it though, he is ready to move on.

Hudson seems like a great kid who represented the M well. I'll be cheering him on in Buffalo :handclap:

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Even if Fasching's signing is announced later tonight or tomorrow morning, I don't think Buffalo will rush him into tomorrow's lineup at Carolina, and instead opt to let him get his feet wet in practice in time for Saturday's home matinee vs Winnipeg. Ennis has been out long-term, so there's a juicy RW slot open there on ROR or Eichel's wing if Bylsma chooses to challenge the kid early. Always nice to see that he'll have his degree in May too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad