GDT: 2015-2016 Dallas Stars Training Camp & Preseason

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Game tonight on the Radio

I could of swore i heard on the Ticket ticker this morning that the Stars game is either on the TV or the Radio. Can anyone find this? I have looked on ESPN and NHL.com and see nothing. They said that you will finally be able to hear Strader doing the play by play tonight.

EDIT: I found it
From DefendigbigD - There will likely not be a legal video stream tonight, but the game will be available on radio (and audio stream) with Dave Strader making his Stars debut alongside Daryl Reaugh.

Last edited:

LoneStarHockey

Sep 19, 2011
Texas
Stars fall to 1-5-0 in preseason after losing 3-2 last night vs. Tampa Bay. McKenzie and Nuke with the Stars goals. Lehtonen stopped 21 of 24 (.875%).

The one good thing is that preseason is about over.

LoneStarHockey

Sep 19, 2011
Texas
Yeah, I don't exactly have a warm and fuzzy feeling about this team after the preseason performances. I remember last year, this team went into the regular season with a lot of hype and just started off very slow. Hopefully, we can get a few early wins under our belts and get ahead of the curve in the early portion of the season. It is definitely going to be another interesting year.

masinaLFC

Apr 2, 2014
Banska Bystrica, SVK
questionable team other than top 6, Klingberg and Eakin

I think that bottom six is okay.. nothing special but solid at least.. how will defense look is difficult to predict now and we will have to wait for that.. but meh goaltending and terrible powerplay is almost a guarantee

CTStarsFan

Dec 7, 2014
I don't see the powerplay sucking all year. There is way to much talent on the ice for it to suck all year. That being say, I'm still not going to hold my breath.

LoneStarHockey

Sep 19, 2011
Texas
The powerplay will need to be effective if we want to be successful. I am pretty optimistic that we can be solid in that area. Last year we finished in the Top 12 in the league with the extra man advantage (19%). That was by far our best powerplay since the 2010-2011 season (18%). So hopefully they can build upon that and get better, that could really be one of our main strengths next year. Maybe this will be the year that the "Supernova" powerplay will be unleashed.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Dickinson, Elie and Faksa all cut today.

D E F.

DEFense, something we need. Thought it was nice. Illuminati blah blah blah

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015
I think that bottom six is okay.. nothing special but solid at least.. how will defense look is difficult to predict now and we will have to wait for that.. but meh goaltending and terrible powerplay is almost a guarantee

Yeah but that's probably a sign that we aren't that good. Good teams teams tend to have problems with the bottom six since that is usually the last thing that is addressed, IMO.

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015
Goaltending and Fraser as a PP coach are my biggest fears for the next season

My biggest concern is how this 8 headed monster of a defense is going to work out. If we get solid d this year everything else will sort itself out, IMO.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
This doesn't bode very well. Hard to be optimistic about our chances after such a let down of a preseason..

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Results in the preseason don't matter.

Maybe not entirely but it shows a glaring weakness in our "depth" compared to other teams. That in itself matters but immediately you are right it doesn't matter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad