Speculation: 2015 - 2016 Coyotes Roster Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I truly hope we don't sign Yandle, he was horrible defensively most nights (even with his knack for scoring). We need a veteran RHD to pair with OEL, even if we overpay.

I don't see Boedker re-signing here (otherwise he probably would have signed a longer contract). Although he's played well this season, I believe it's related to improving his UFA value more so than anything else. He will sign a pretty hefty contract after this season. If anything, we should trade him and get some excellent assets moving forward.

We should also look at moving Stone. Yes, he's been solid this season, but he is one of those players that could fetch us some decent pieces we could use in the future.

I guess we could re-sign Doan for two seasons (at an affordable price), but I wouldn't be surprised to see him retire after this season (especially if he agrees to a trade if we take a downturn before the deadline).

I wouldn't mind re-signing Tikhonov for 1-2 seasons (at a reasonable price). He has shown some promise with our young players.

In terms of RFAs, I'm only interested in re-signing Rieder, Murphy, and possibly Dahlbeck. In terms of the rest (Elliott, Cunningham, and Domingue), I say trade them for whatever we can get (or re-sign them for roughly 10% more than their current contracts).

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Yandle has never been horrible defensively. I hope we give a big, long, fat contract and the captaincy when Doan hangs them up. I also think Boedker is pretty likely to re-sign and I'll be very glad when he does. I also really want to hang onto Stone. Am I have zero interest in trading not Domingue. Id rather buyout Mike Smith and hand the reigns right over to Domingue. So I pretty much disagree with everything you said. Haha. :)

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Stone looks much better now that he's not overwhelmed and tired with too much TOI.

Murphy looks much better now that he has more TOI, and after that scratch/reset.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
We need Yandle to resign and we definitely need to keep Boedker.

I think we need an upgrade on at least 3 of our Dmen, so if we can get a trade upgrade on Stone with several of our other assets not named Strome, Dvorak, I'm ok with that.

Murphy has actually looked good paired with OEL, they've played remarkable all except for 1 game, so it looks like the experiment is working.

Yandle has captain material written all over him and would be a good guy to have back to take over from Doan.

Doan I'd like to give a modest 3 yr contract to. He's shown he can still score from the 3rd line and opportunities on the PP, which is ok, he's looked good with Richardson.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Signing Doan to a contract longer than 1 year is unnecessary.

All depends on term/$ combo on Boedker. He's potentially replaceable but I acknowledge he's played well this year. If he's higher that $5.5 per I suspect he's moved. I think he's earned a 5 X 5 type deal. Be interesting to see what Maloney thinks.

D is our biggest need. I love Yandle but think I'd rather see the size/skill of Bfugulien in our mix. We likely don't have the $ on either though if we re-sign Boedker.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yandle has never been horrible defensively. I hope we give a big, long, fat contract and the captaincy when Doan hangs them up. I also think Boedker is pretty likely to re-sign and I'll be very glad when he does. I also really want to hang onto Stone. Am I have zero interest in trading not Domingue. Id rather buyout Mike Smith and hand the reigns right over to Domingue. So I pretty much disagree with everything you said. Haha. :)

I would be okay with this, but I don't see Yandle returning. Domingue is very inconsistent but he is only 23.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Signing Doan to a contract longer than 1 year is unnecessary.

All depends on term/$ combo on Boedker. He's potentially replaceable but I acknowledge he's played well this year. If he's higher that $5.5 per I suspect he's moved. I think he's earned a 5 X 5 type deal. Be interesting to see what Maloney thinks.

D is our biggest need. I love Yandle but think I'd rather see the size/skill of Bfugulien in our mix. We likely don't have the $ on either though if we re-sign Boedker.

The way Doan started the year I thought for sure it would be his last, but man has he played well the last bit. I think Doan signs for 2 more years. I agree with you on Boedker but I would rather have Yandle than Bfugulien.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
A motivated Bfugulien is Chris Prongerish. Teams play around him. No contact. Keep him sleepy.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
A motivated Bfugulien is Chris Prongerish. Teams play around him. No contact. Keep him sleepy.

True, but the key word here is motivated. I think he will get a kings ransom.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Signing a 30yo, 260lb defenseman with work ethic question marks long term scares the hell out of me

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona

I'm with you on all this except Smith. I think we have no choice but to get him healthy and see what he does with the talent coming up in front of him. That's just too much money for this team to eat.

Stone is starting to ramp up his physical game. I think that's the part of his and Murphy's game that has loads of room to improve as they mature. They both have the frame to add some weight and throw it around.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I'm confident a team that doesn't care about money as much will give him the six or seven year deal he wants. So, not the Coyotes.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona

Yandle has definitely been horrible defensively. As early as the start of this season Ranger fans were discussing how many mistakes and how weak he is in his own end. He picked up his play, but his massive lapses on defense will always be there. I hope to never see him as the Captain of this team.

I wouldn't mind him coming back, but I'd rather have a RHD in our top pairing than bring Yandle back. He's on the Ranger's third pairing. The rest I agree with. Keep Stone, sign Boeds, and get rid of Smith. Please get rid of Smith!

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Yandle has definitely been horrible defensively. As early as the start of this season Ranger fans were discussing how many mistakes and how weak he is in his own end. He picked up his play, but his massive lapses on defense will always be there. I hope to never see him as the Captain of this team.

I wouldn't mind him coming back, but I'd rather have a RHD in our top pairing than bring Yandle back. He's on the Ranger's third pairing. The rest I agree with. Keep Stone, sign Boeds, and get rid of Smith. Please get rid of Smith!

I like the chances of Yandle coming back more than Smith going anywhere. haha

And I think the chances of Yandle coming back are less than 1%

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Is there any sense the team will try to ADD to the roster and make a playoff push?

It is a bit of a miracle the team is in a playoff position considering the centres on the team. Virtually impossible to add a top 2 centre though. And almost every team is looking for a top 4 RHD

Really hope they can sign Boedker long term.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Is there any sense the team will try to ADD to the roster and make a playoff push?

It is a bit of a miracle the team is in a playoff position considering the centres on the team. Virtually impossible to add a top 2 centre though. And almost every team is looking for a top 4 RHD

No chance they add at the TDL. DM won't sell young assets for short term help. If Bods does not sign, he will be dealt at the TDL, but likely for young assets.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona

I do see a chance that they add a piece or two for a push.

Remember the year we first made it and we got Schneider?

I'm not expecting us to make some drastic changes. However I could see them adding a few pieces to try and make a push.

Definitely need some center depth. Richardson can play wing, and play it well. I expect the piece we add to push Richardson in to wing and have an additional center.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I do see a chance that they add a piece or two for a push.

Definitely need some center depth. Richardson can play wing, and play it well. I expect the piece we add to push Richardson in to wing and have an additional center.

Nope, not going to happen. We will end up log jammed next year with Strome and one of our other young centers ready to make the team. Not worth trading away a prospect for a 2 month center.

I would like to see us trade for big Buf at the trade deadline with picks contingent upon signing him to a long term contract. I've been thinking all day about this and I think that Tippett and Doan can instill discipline and consistent hustle in him. I didn't see it in him yesterday, but my goodness the potential.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site

I think it depends how our goaltending holds up.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Nope, not going to happen. We will end up log jammed next year with Strome and one of our other young centers ready to make the team. Not worth trading away a prospect for a 2 month center.

I would like to see us trade for big Buf at the trade deadline with picks contingent upon signing him to a long term contract. I've been thinking all day about this and I think that Tippett and Doan can instill discipline and consistent hustle in him. I didn't see it in him yesterday, but my goodness the potential.

I remember saying the same thing about Ribs....

No thanks on Buff. We need someone to bring it every night, not whenever he wants to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad