2015-2016 Blues Prospects Part II

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Saw a quote from John Anderson yesterday where he said that he realized during his 2nd game with the Wolves that Parayko was their best defender. I'm trying to contain my enthusiasm but I just have a feeling Parayko makes it impossible for the Blues to send him down next month.

That would probably be at Lindbohm's expense. Its better for the Blues if a prospect explodes into something special. Lindbohm would be back, but the team would have to move someone eventually to make room.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
That would probably be at Lindbohm's expense. Its better for the Blues if a prospect explodes into something special. Lindbohm would be back, but the team would have to move someone eventually to make room.

With Harrold, Benoit and even Abeltshauser likely starting the season in Chicago but available if more experience is needed, I could see a scenario where they try to sneak Butler back down to the AHL again to start the season and Bortuzzo ends up being the 7th.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
I think Lindbohm should stay in the starting lineup. If Parayko has a monster camp, I'd try something like

48-27
4-22
19-55

With Bortuzzo as the 7th. They can always reconfigure if things aren't working out

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
I think Lindbohm should stay in the starting lineup. If Parayko has a monster camp, I'd try something like

48-27
4-22
19-55

With Bortuzzo as the 7th. They can always reconfigure if things aren't working out

We absolutely will not be playing Bouwmeester on the third pairing, before his injury him and Petro were arguably the best D pairing in the league

MissouriMook

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
We absolutely will not be playing Bouwmeester on the third pairing, before his injury him and Petro were arguably the best D pairing in the league

I tend to agree with this sentiment. I would suggest re-shuffling as:

19-27
4-22
48-55 or, if the inclination is to split the rookies (48 and 55)

19-27
48-22
4-55

If Lindbohm is in the Top 4, it is Gunnarsson who will be on the 3rd pairing, not JBo. Unless JBo isn't fully recovered (or has actually regressed substantially) I want him getting the big minutes with Petro.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA

Well if he's all better then we can adjust accordingly. In this setup he'd still be getting probably the 3rd most ice out of the defenseman. Also an effort was made to spread out the rookies.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo
Lindbohm-Shattenkirk
Gunnarsson-Parayko
Bortuzzo

What's the problem with that? It can be done. If Parayko really impresses then he should play. I too am getting really excited about him by watching the video of him being named captain.

So yeah I agree with Mook. Butler is the guy that needs to watch out for the young guns. Lindbohm and Parayko aren't really in competition with each other at all.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo
Lindbohm-Shattenkirk
Gunnarsson-Parayko
Bortuzzo

What's the problem with that? It can be done. If Parayko really impresses then he should play. I too am getting really excited about him by watching the video of him being named captain.

So yeah I agree with Mook. Butler is the guy that needs to watch out for the young guns. Lindbohm and Parayko aren't really in competition with each other at all.

I saw that video too and I think I head one of the coaches (Anderson maybe?) at the end saying he expects Parayko to be in the lineup by the end of this year. I'm glad it's not just us fans who are really thinking highly of him and the actual coaches do as well. He could be a player

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
With Parayko being named captain you would have to think he has a good shot of making the team out of camp if he outplays one of Butler or Bortuzzo which shouldn't be that hard.

I liked BlueDream's D pairings the best.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Lindbohm and Parayko aren't really in competition with each other at all.

I hope you are right about that. Slow transition new/young guys taking more responsibility is right path, but knowing Hitch I'm not 100% sure about that.

I just hope Jbo isn't half man what we saw last season. I'm just afraid Jbo can't come back same level what we did see before his crotch injury. Guy is already 31-years old.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I saw that video too and I think I head one of the coaches (Anderson maybe?) at the end saying he expects Parayko to be in the lineup by the end of this year. I'm glad it's not just us fans who are really thinking highly of him and the actual coaches do as well. He could be a player
Yeah that was Tim Taylor who said that. And Anderson said he was their best defenseman in the AHL after he played two games.

He's gotta be the real deal. I'm sure he'll at least get called up but I'm really hoping he just destroys camp and makes the team like Fabbri.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
More likely would be that Parayko is the 7th d-man on the depth chart with Butler as the 8th d-man....but Butler stays with the Blues and Parayko gets regular starts in Chicago until there is room in the line-up for him due to injury. The team probably also finds a way to get him a stint in the NHL even if there aren't injuries.

Butler's development is over. He can be a healthy scratch no big deal. Parayko needs regular play.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Almost perfect start by Husso. (1-6 win) 59min perfect, but small good feeling by defense and unlucky bounce destroyed Husso's shutout. Thou game 3rd star and 96.30% 26 saves. Everybody is hyping that Husso is totally different level compare to last season. There isn't correct measures, but rumours says Husso has shaped up an lost around 22 pounds (10kg). I like it, God dangit :bb:

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
More likely would be that Parayko is the 7th d-man on the depth chart with Butler as the 8th d-man....but Butler stays with the Blues and Parayko gets regular starts in Chicago until there is room in the line-up for him due to injury. The team probably also finds a way to get him a stint in the NHL even if there aren't injuries.

Butler's development is over. He can be a healthy scratch no big deal. Parayko needs regular play.

I can see them doing this, pretty much what they did with Lindbohm last year

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Almost perfect start by Husso. (1-6 win) 59min perfect, but small good feeling by defense and unlucky bounce destroyed Husso's shutout. Thou game 3rd star and 96.30% 26 saves. Everybody is hyping that Husso is totally different level compare to last season. There isn't correct measures, but rumours says Husso has shaped up an lost around 22 pounds (10kg). I like it, God dangit :bb:

That's good to hear. I thought I heard something about Husso playing in the AHL this year. I guess he's staying in Finland another year?

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
That's good to hear. I thought I heard something about Husso playing in the AHL this year. I guess he's staying in Finland another year?

Yea he was suppose to but ice time was better in Finland. Especially with Copley here bow

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Yea he was suppose to but ice time was better in Finland. Especially with Copley here bow

I'm fine with it. He'll get a lot of high leverage starts in a good league. Binnington and Copley will split I guess. In a year or so we will ***** what we got I guess.

wloff

May 25, 2013
Husso really looks like a whole different player. He ended last season on a low note and actually lost his no.1 spot in the team by the playoffs; but he really seems to have worked hard over the summer. Last season he looked like a prospect with loads of potential, this year (so far) he looks like a seasoned vet who oozes confidence and just nonchalantly stops everything like a brick wall.

Hell, he even looks bigger than last season - maybe it's all in my mind, or maybe he's learned to stand up straight! :D

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Good to hear Husso is doing well over in Finland. Don't mind him being there, he gets more ice time like others have said. I really think he has elite goalie potential.

MissouriMook

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Good to hear Husso is doing well over in Finland. Don't mind him being there, he gets more ice time like others have said. I really think he has elite goalie potential.

The only thing I don't like about the current arrangement is that he can't participate in training camp and be evaluated side-by-side with Allen, Copley and Binnington. Husso getting a lot of starts with HIFK is certainly better than one of the three getting loaned out to another franchise's ECHL team since we apparently do not have an affiliation yet.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Out of Allen, Binnington, Copley and Husso, we've gotta have ONE guy that is a future stud. If we don't out of that group, then I give up. (If I had to pick one I'd go with Binnington).

We look very solid in net organizationally for the first time in... like, ever.

I really love our future to be honest. I feel like this season might be a stop-gap year for the Blues, but once Fabbri gets into the mix with Schwartz and Tarasenko, and Parayko and Schmaltz join Pietrangelo (and maybe Shattenkirk?) I feel like that is the core that will bring us a Cup, if we're ever going to win one.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Out of Allen, Binnington, Copley and Husso, we've gotta have ONE guy that is a future stud. If we don't out of that group, then I give up. (If I had to pick one I'd go with Binnington).

We look very solid in net organizationally for the first time in... like, ever.

I really love our future to be honest. I feel like this season might be a stop-gap year for the Blues, but once Fabbri gets into the mix with Schwartz and Tarasenko, and Parayko and Schmaltz join Pietrangelo (and maybe Shattenkirk?) I feel like that is the core that will bring us a Cup, if we're ever going to win one.
Uh oh....Blues fan getting optimistic ;)

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Back to reality: the Blues lost the first Traverse City game.

Cancel the future.

Just give Parayko to New Jersey now instead of waiting for it to happen in 2 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad