2015-2016 Blues Prospects Part II

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Don't forget that prospect swaps aren't too uncommon. We have a surplus of defensive prospects. If Parayko or Schmaltz pan out the other is more expendable and could be traded/packaged for a forward prospect. Maybe if they both pan out Shatty could be traded. We're in the same situation with our goalie prospects.

Our lack of depth at forward prospects is balanced out by our surplus of defense and goalie prospects.

Bolded: aren't you afraid what Army will pull out?

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Husso first game behind. (3-1 win) Husso 94.12%. Happy to inform 'Hude' played very well.

You could say without Husso HIFK might have lost this game, several gamesavers and overally he looked very sharp and ready. I'm going to watch as many as possible Husso's games. I'm happy Husso's presence :bb:

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Husso first game behind. (3-1 win) Husso 94.12%. Happy to inform 'Hude' played very well.

You could say without Husso HIFK might have lost this game, several gamesavers and overally he looked very sharp and ready. I'm going to watch as many as possible Husso's games. I'm happy Husso's presence :bb:
Sweet, good to hear. Keep us posted man.:yo:

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Glad to hear it, I appreciate the update Ranksu :cheers:

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
The Blues roster for the Traverse City tourney has been released. Pretty much as expected with the usually handful of invitees. Tourney runs from Sept 11-15.

FORWARDS
Ivan Barbashev
Samuel Blais
Noah Bushnell
Jaedon Descheneau
Liam Dunda
Robby Fabbri
Gabriel Fontaine
Trent Fox
Glenn Gawdin
Mathieu Lemay
Adam Musil
Zach Pochiro
Carson Stadnyk
C.J. Yakimowicz

DEFENSE
Vince Dunn
Macoy Erkamps
Liam Murray
Colton Parayko
Darren Raddysh
Jordan Schmaltz
Dmitrii Sergeev
Thomas Vannelli

GOALIES
Niklas Lundstrom
Luke Opilka

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
What kind of guy this Yakimowicz is? His size looks quite fitting.

I lurked this list and one guys pops out was Mathieu Lemay. 20-years old boy quite impressive stats in QMJHL.Last year QMJHL 6th best scorer 44 goals when Barbashev had 45 goals. Mathie is non drafted, what you guys know about this fellow? Didn't find HFboards anything special about him.

Trent Fox has quite nice short info about him in elite site and find HFboard some writing about him.

Trent Fox is a big center who is starting to show his offensive potential. His skating and footwork need some work, but he has potential.

A solid all-around forward that fits the center mold very well. Brings a physical element to his game as well as a quick stick to knock pucks away from opponents and create turnovers. Has considerable size and uses it to his advantage. All-in-all, a very promising player that will continue to get better and better as he figures out his identity as a hard to play against two-way center. - See more at: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=224990#sthash.hlOBLLw4.dpuf

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia

I lurked this list and one guys pops out was Mathieu Lemay. 20-years old boy quite impressive stats in QMJHL.Last year QMJHL 6th best scorer 44 goals when Barbashev had 45 goals. Mathie is non drafted, what you guys know about this fellow? Didn't find HFboards anything special about him.

Trent Fox has quite nice short info about him in elite site and find HFboard some writing about him.

Just your typical 20 YO QMJHLer.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Just look a few posts above yours, my man. :)

I think @Henkka is meaning Blues prospects lineups.

What you guys think could these lines be something near what we could see Blues play with it?

Code:
Fabbri - Barbashev - Lemay
Pochiro - Fox - Descheneau 
Blais - Stadnyk - Gawdin
Fontaine - Musil - Yakimowicz
Bushnell

Schmaltz - Parayko
Sergeev - Vannelli
Dunn - Erkamps
Murray - Raddysh

or

Dunn - Parayko
Murray - Schmaltz
Sergeev - Vannelli
Erkamps - Raddysh

Lundström
Opilka

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia

Im in for the Lemay fella, if just to hear the Arnold folk pronounce his name.

But really he was a 20 y.o. in the Q who had a big scoring season. Compare the last 3 seasons of Jadeon Descheneau and Lemay, and then consider how much of a long shot Descheneau is.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Im in for the Lemay fella, if just to hear the Arnold folk pronounce his name.

But really he was a 20 y.o. in the Q who had a big scoring season. Compare the last 3 seasons of Jadeon Descheneau and Lemay, and then consider how much of a long shot Descheneau is.

Thanks for info. Looks like Yakimowicz is also long shot.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands

Very true. ALL The Blues' forward prospects below Fabbri and Barbashev on the prospect list, are "longshots" to become NHL regulars (including Rattie), assuming we acknowledge that Jaškin is in The NHL, to stay.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Very true. ALL The Blues' forward prospects below Fabbri and Barbashev on the prospect list, are "longshots" to become NHL regulars (including Rattie), assuming we acknowledge that Jaškin is in The NHL, to stay.

This once again leads me to the question as to why the Blues aren't delving into the college free agent market like their Stanley Cup counterparts. One or two players can make a difference. Some flake out. Some make an impact, but they are AHL ready. Black Hawks picked up Trevor Van Rymsdyk that way amongst others that played effectively against the Blues in the past few years. Kyle Baun and Tanner Kero would step in as equivalent prospects to many we have right now. Just like to see it. Personal opinion. Depth is what makes our Cardinals so awesome...The Hawks do not lack it at all.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
This once again leads me to the question as to why the Blues aren't delving into the college free agent market like their Stanley Cup counterparts. One or two players can make a difference. Some flake out. Some make an impact, but they are AHL ready. Black Hawks picked up Trevor Van Rymsdyk that way amongst others that played effectively against the Blues in the past few years. Kyle Baun and Tanner Kero would step in as equivalent prospects to many we have right now. Just like to see it. Personal opinion. Depth is what makes our Cardinals so awesome...The Hawks do not lack it at all.

My understanding is that the Blues do go after some of these college free agents but they seem to be picking other teams lately. That's the problem with it being a two-way street sometimes. Unfortunately, other orgs can offer these kids better opportunities sometimes.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003

Yakimowicz is a big goon. That is his role. My guess is we don't sign him to a contact after this season unless he finally puts it all together.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Yakimowicz is a big goon. That is his role. My guess is we don't sign him to a contact after this season unless he finally puts it all together.

Finally I hear something about Yakimowicz. Quite big forward and 19-years old. I don't know why I didn't search before in youtube, found couple nice 'tango' videos about Yakimowicz.

Bluesfan54

Jul 28, 2014
Kansas City
My understanding is that the Blues do go after some of these college free agents but they seem to be picking other teams lately. That's the problem with it being a two-way street sometimes. Unfortunately, other orgs can offer these kids better opportunities sometimes.

A lot of those guys choose to play in their hometown or with a team they grew up cheering for. Hard to compete with that.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
This has been out for a bit, but Parayko was named captain of the team in Traverse City. Not a huge shock, he seems like the most mature out of all our prospects and he was captain of the Nanooks as well.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
This has been out for a bit, but Parayko was named captain of the team in Traverse City. Not a huge shock, he seems like the most mature out of all our prospects and he was captain of the Nanooks as well.

Saw a quote from John Anderson yesterday where he said that he realized during his 2nd game with the Wolves that Parayko was their best defender. I'm trying to contain my enthusiasm but I just have a feeling Parayko makes it impossible for the Blues to send him down next month.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I missed that quote but I seen the one about Fabbri. Very Patrick Kane like with the puck in the Ozone. I can see that comparison sometimes. But I've rarely seen anybody that can effortlessly skate the puck around the Ozone like Kane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad