2015-16 Training Camp Thread: Part II

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Really dislike Hayes on the wing, in terms of how he looks with that line and because he should be developed as a C.

If Miller slept with AV's wife or something they should have Fast in that spot and move Stalberg to the 4th line.

In my opinion, Fast is the best option to put on Stepan's line. He finished the season there when MSL was moved to the 3rd line and it worked. Don't fix if it isn't broke

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
what scares me is the statements from Gorts about not wanting to lose a player in waivers. Like, no one is ever going to ever pick up Tanner Glass unless skynet happens and it decided to troll the hockey world. They know that well enough, so they must have meant Glass is currently slotted ahead of Etem as the 13F. They were exploring trade options and I'm guessing for Etem as well. Who would trade for Glass?

I just hope no one under performs on the 3rd and fourth line that results in Glass getting a place.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
In my opinion, Fast is the best option to put on Stepan's line. He finished the season there when MSL was moved to the 3rd line and it worked. Don't fix if it isn't broke

Then why wasn't Fast on that line during pre-season? Don't recall him getting much time there, if at all. Although I'm sure he'll be an option late in a close game for a couple of shifts.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Hayes on the wing is a bad idea, especially considering Miller's strong preseason on the wing.

Let Hayes develop into mini-Jumbo Joe.

Also waive Glass already. Management deserves less good will every second this dude is wasting a spot on the roster, especially since the Stoll reclamation project is still on.

The Undertaker

Jun 22, 2012
What a **** day. Guarantee the first time the Rangers lose 2 in a row, Glass is immediately inserted back into the lineup and never looks back.

Jun 25, 2013
www.tannerglassisthebest.com
Hayes on the wing is a bad idea, especially considering Miller's strong preseason on the wing.

Let Hayes develop into mini-Jumbo Joe.

Also waive Glass already. Management deserves less good will every second this dude is wasting a spot on the roster, especially since the Stoll reclamation project is still on.
Well i mean stoll is an actual hockey player that's good at hockey. Glass is not.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Look no body wants Tanner Glass here outside of perhaps AV.

All coaches have their guys. Mike Babcock loved Luke Glendening. He played him over guys like Nyqvist, and Tatar early on in their careers.

John Tortorella loved Ruslan Fedetenko.

Barry Trotz has an affinity for Jay Beagle.

Julien loves Chris Kelly.

These things happen. All coaches have their guys, and if you look at any other workplace, you'll see the same with management.

Hopefully they find a taker for him because it sure has hell provides the cap and pain relief that this team needs.

But from AV's POV, he's got 2 presidents trophies, a cup final, and one game away from another cup final with this guy in his line up.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
what scares me is the statements from Gorts about not wanting to lose a player in waivers. Like, no one is ever going to ever pick up Tanner Glass unless skynet happens and it decided to troll the hockey world. They know that well enough, so they must have meant Glass is currently slotted ahead of Etem as the 13F. They were exploring trade options and I'm guessing for Etem as well. Who would trade for Glass?

I just hope no one under performs on the 3rd and fourth line that results in Glass getting a place.

It could definitely be the case, they feel very comfortable with the depth in HFD, and this GM needs picks and assets, not just for the future, but for the trade deadline as well if there's a need that comes up.

He's hedging his bets, and I'll bet you that there are a couple of teams on the line.

VAN has a couple of 19 year olds outperforming their top 12 forwards.... they can't dress them all. Etem's junior coach is the one coaching VAN. He had a thing for Dorsett and the Rangers got a 3rd of him, I wouldn't be surprised if Etem was on their radar.

PIT is close to dressing a 97 born 2nd round pick, their forward depth has 3 36+ forwards coming off of injuries, and only 11 forwards with NHL experience on their roster.

BUF is open about trying to poach a defenseman.

DAL needs a replacement for Garbutt's role.

WPG looks like they are about to take a huge step back.

COL forward group is thin, forced to dress a 18 yearold who hasn't stolen a job.

FLA has a questionable 4th line, they need PKers.

All of these teams lack the depth the Rangers have, and holes in their line ups.

Unless PIT outscores everyone (which they certainly can); most of these teams are going to be on the bubble... not quite in the hunt for Mathews... not quite a playoff team unless things roll their way.

These are the teams that would make good dance partners.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Look no body wants Tanner Glass here outside of perhaps AV.

All coaches have their guys. Mike Babcock loved Luke Glendening. He played him over guys like Nyqvist, and Tatar early on in their careers.

John Tortorella loved Ruslan Fedetenko.

Barry Trotz has an affinity for Jay Beagle.

Julien loves Chris Kelly.

These things happen. All coaches have their guys, and if you look at any other workplace, you'll see the same with management.

Hopefully they find a taker for him because it sure has hell provides the cap and pain relief that this team needs.

But from AV's POV, he's got 2 presidents trophies, a cup final, and one game away from another cup final with this guy in his line up.

Glass blew a wide open shot in the finals for VAN. We scratched Sheppard after he scored so that we could play Glass when we got eliminated.

I'm not saying Glass is losing him cups, but the margin of error is small and there's no need to ice a terrible player and tilt the ice against your own team.

Last edited:

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Fast was on that line the 1st PS game. The last game he was not on the ice.

All indications are that Hayes will be on that line--according to Gross, the Rangers practiced the following lines for the 2nd straight day:

The lines and defense pairs remained the same and likely will to start the season at Chicago.

Rick Nash-Derick Brassard-Mats Zuccarello
Chris Kreider-Derek Stepan-Kevin Hayes
J.T. Miller-Oscar Lindberg-Viktor Stalberg
Dominic Moore-Jarret Stoll-Jesper Fast
Ryan McDonagh-Dan Girardi
Marc Staal-Dan Boyle
Keith Yandle-Kevin Klein
Henrik Lundqvist
Antti Raanta

Extras: F Emerson Etem, D Dylan McIlrath

Now, obviously, things can change, but AV likes to have fairly set lines--and wants the team to get a better start than last year--so I suspect this is the way the lines are going to be going into the season. And there's also the fact that Hayes produces more offense than Fast--who just doesn't shoot enough to justify playing in the top 6. However, I can see Fast moving up to the third line fairly quickly if Stalberg doesn't produce some offense/has trouble in the defensive zone early on though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad