Prospect Info: 2015-16 Top 20 Flyers Prospects, #14

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
From what I've heard, he is a one-dimensional player. Responsible defensively but not much else.

That and the quality of competition on the blueline for the years to come and him playing in the KHL and no serious interest in leaving for North America with wife and kid home in Russia... just way too many negative indicators for my taste.

I think you're thinking of Denis Bodrov. Vasiliev is 21 & to my knowledge has no wife nor kid. He's also expressed interest in coming over in the past but the Flyers felt he wasn't ready.

He hasn't fully established himself in the KHL yet thus why he's still there. This is his final year in his current contract so we'll see what happens.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
So I won't be starting the new poll till this one expires on 07-18-2015 at 09:38 AM.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
So for real, what is going on with Vasiliev? Last year people were excited about him possibly coming to the AHL this season and being a solid third-pair guy. Did people just forget about him or was everyone just wrong?

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
So for real, what is going on with Vasiliev? Last year people were excited about him possibly coming to the AHL this season and being a solid third-pair guy. Did people just forget about him or was everyone just wrong?

From my understanding, the past season he kind of just stagnated. He didnt really get worse or better. That's tough when other players on this list either got better or we believe has a better chance to.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
From my understanding, the past season he kind of just stagnated. He didnt really get worse or better. That's tough when other players on this list either got better or we believe has a better chance to.

Fair enough. I hadn't heard much about him this year so I was just going off what people were saying last year. Just kind of goes to show what these polls mean when it gets this far down. Haha.

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California

If I remember correctly, he was struggling to even get minutes on his team in the KHL and only played half of the games or so.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Pronman had Kase ranked as the 30th best skater, so according to at least 1 guy he's a 1st-2nd round talent as well.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/insi...ronman-final-mock-draft-season-2015-nhl-draft (Insider)

30. David Kase
C, Chomutov (Czech-2)
DOB: 1/28/97 | Ht: 5-9 | Wt: 161
2014-15 GP: 30 | G: 7 | A: 7

Kase had a very interesting season, playing all year in the Czech second division, and while he didn't put up great numbers considering the quality of that league, he was impressive in international play. Other than his size and physical game, Kase's game is positive in almost every other aspect.

He's a quick, shifty skater who can lead a rush and is elusive in tight spaces. He's a great playmaker, who can dictate the play on the man advantage with his skill and vision. He also shows the willingness and hockey IQ to be an effective defensive player; as he gains strength, that aspect of his game should improve even more. He hasn't really produced gaudy numbers, but on a scouting level, I think he's looked fantastic at times and has the ability to be a potential home run for the team that lands him.

GhostIsBae

Ghost Whisperer
Jul 18, 2014
I've seen no indication that this guy has 1st round talent. Care to elaborate?

Yes, Todd hearty said there wasn't much difference between him and Erickson ek, 20th pick in the draft. He is viewed as a top 6 guy by the organization. I don't see fazleev or leier having that kind of upside.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Pronman had Kase ranked as the 30th best skater, so according to at least 1 guy he's a 1st-2nd round talent as well.

Todd Hearty can say a prospect is good and we should believe it. He's earned that. Corey Pronman does not get the benefit of the doubt around here. On the scale of people we trust, he's closer to Timmeh than he is to Hearty.

With that said Hexy did seem pumped to draft Kase. We had him ranked much higher also. If I'm excited about Kase, it's not because of Pronman, though. His ranking bias is quite clear, and Kase fits the mold of guys he overrates.

Edit: Hearty was also excited to get Kase...

During the season Hearty raved about the play of Kase at international tournaments, calling him “#$%^ing awesome” after his performance in the World Junior Championship.

“Someone’s going to take him in the second,” claimed Hearty in January, so he was pleased to be able to add the 5-10, 167-pound Czech center in the fifth round. ”He needs to put on some size and strength. He’s a smart player, competes, very skilled..a puck possession guy who sees the ice well.”

Last edited:

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Todd Hearty can say a prospect is good and we should believe it. He's earned that. Corey Pronman does not get the benefit of the doubt around here. On the scale of people we trust, he's closer to Timmeh than he is to Hearty.

With that said Hexy did seem pumped to draft Kase. We had him ranked much higher also. If I'm excited about Kase, it's not because of Pronman, though. His ranking bias is quite clear, and Kase fits the mold of guys he overrates.

Edit: Hearty was also excited to get Kase...

Totally agree on Pronman, I don't think he's very good at all. I'm also excited about Kase for other reasons.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yes, Todd hearty said there wasn't much difference between him and Erickson ek, 20th pick in the draft. He is viewed as a top 6 guy by the organization. I don't see fazleev or leier having that kind of upside.

Appreciate that.

Looks like Hextall might have hit 2 home-runs in 2 drafts. Crazy the amount of steals we may come away with.

kammy

Jun 29, 2007
1 - Ivan Provorov - D
2 - Shayne Gostisbehere - D
3 - Travis Sanheim - D

fixed that for you

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad