10 - Nick Cousins - F (37%)
11 - Anthony Stolarz - G (58%)
12 - Mark Friedman - D (51%)
13 - Felix Sandstrom - G (34%)
14-

Banger

Jan 17, 2003
Visit site
voted Fazleez the last few times...has to be him here.

The crazy thing is that players in this range have a very real chance of being an NHL player...things have really changed in their farm.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Including this pick my last seven will probably be:

Fazleev
Leier
Alt
Marti
Martel
Tomek
Bardreau or Goulbourne

OurSaviorGhostBear

Nov 2, 2014
Went with fazleev again. Could see him in the mold of a talbot type of player... Strong on the pk and defensively and will chip in some offense every once in a while.

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
I went Leier, though I think him and Fazleev are fairly similar in terms of their skill sets and potential.

Patrick Division

Jan 13, 2008
NJ
I see a lot of people going Fazleev ahead of Leier. Leier was a better WHL player and had a good rookie season on the Phantoms. Fazleev came on strong at the end of the season but I don't think he should be ahead of Leier yet. JMO.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Three years ago, Marti probably would have been our top defenseman prospect.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I see a lot of people going Fazleev ahead of Leier. Leier was a better WHL player and had a good rookie season on the Phantoms. Fazleev came on strong at the end of the season but I don't think he should be ahead of Leier yet. JMO.

Agreed. Leier's getting pretty underrated around here, imo. In terms of potential, I'm not sure Leier is even that far behind Laughton.

Banger

Jan 17, 2003
Visit site
I went with Alt.

Not that I agree or disagree but why do you think Fazleev is ahead of Leier?

younger, has good size, plays all 3 positions in all phases of the game...even though he was a 6th round pick they signed him very fast and think the organization is pretty high on him. I think the versatility makes him a bit more valuable. I just like everything I've read and heard about him.

I don't dislike Leier, more just a slight flip of a coin difference

Banger

Jan 17, 2003
Visit site
Three years ago, Marti probably would have been our top defenseman prospect.

certainly equal to a MAB or Kevin Marshall type player who were top 5ish...he'll likely be in the 18-19 range and literally in the 7-9 range among our D prospects.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

I have Fazleev slightly ahead of Leier because he's bigger. Looks like 6'1", 200 from this photo.

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
I am hearing a ton of hype of Marti from when we signed him to how well he did in the development camp. I completely understand he is not in our top 5. But where does he fall in the Manning and Alt category. What does he project and any NHL comparisons?

I know he is coming from the larger ice but does that hinder him to be behind players like Manning in Alt as a important prospect?

Also, i voted Vorobyov as i think he is going to be our diamond in the rough

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It's hard to judge Marti until we've seen him play, and he's not coming out of a top European league, but he's still held his own against men. And his solid play continued in the Swiss playoffs.

Alt is a 3rd pairing caliber defensemen, he'd been called up last year, probably before Manning, if he was healthy. I'd say Alt and Marti are solid 3rd pairing prospects, whereas Manning is more of a solid 7th defenseman who won't screw the pooch if you're forced to play him, but you'll always try to upgrade his spot.

Kinda crazy stat, Manning, in 21 NHL games, is +8.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Went Martel. Boom or bust pick but I have a good hunch. Fazleev and Leier probably have a better shot at becoming bottom 6 guys, but Martel could surprise some people.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Also went Martel. He was second only to Konecny in both skating and puck skills at development camp. He could really surprise with the Phantoms this season.

jd2210

Registered Non User
Jul 24, 2009
Great White North
Leier this round and faz next. Such great depth in the pool finally. Don't discount tl too low just because his first of pro was an adjustment.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
It's hard to judge Marti until we've seen him play, and he's not coming out of a top European league, but he's still held his own against men. And his solid play continued in the Swiss playoffs.

Alt is a 3rd pairing caliber defensemen, he'd been called up last year, probably before Manning, if he was healthy. I'd say Alt and Marti are solid 3rd pairing prospects, whereas Manning is more of a solid 7th defenseman who won't screw the pooch if you're forced to play him, but you'll always try to upgrade his spot.

Kinda crazy stat, Manning, in 21 NHL games, is +8.

He is coming out of a top european league though... depending on you definition.

after the KHL and SHL I would say the NLA is the 3rd or 4th best league in Europe, SM-Liiga has an argument as well.

But NLA is better than Czech, Austrian, German, Slovakian and Norwegian leagues.

Though KHL and SHL are a cut above all in my mind. Though the top Finnish, Swiss, Czech and Austria can compete with SHL mid tier.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Voted Leier. Haven't seen Fazleev play yet and I have been impressed by the times I did see Leier. He's also been a Captain before which says something. He has 3rd line two-way checking forward written all over him.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Martels size worries me. The fact that he didnt put up big numbers until being an overager does too. His speed and skill is exceptional though. He doesn't have Hagelins size or he would have been drafted likely with his speed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad