2015-16 St. John's IceCaps & Brampton Beast Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
We can't watch Habs in PO this year, I hope we can watch IceCaps this spring.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
he is what he is...

yet another solid example of MB failure from a GM pov. very poor judgement/more focused on hiring pals than hiring the best people for the job.

Can you describe to us what his relationship was with Lebvevre prior to his hiring?....did they know each other in passing or did they meet every second Friday with the wives for cards and chips?

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Can you describe to us what his relationship was with Lebvevre prior to his hiring?....did they know each other in passing or did they meet every second Friday with the wives for cards and chips?

For me I could care less if they were buddies before or after.

The main point was hiring the best people for the job.
Did MB do this by hiring Lebvevre.

3 season is Hamilton and no playoffs. As it sits today the IceCaps sit 4th in there division making them a bubble team.
I have yet to hear a prospect praise Lebvevre for teaching them so much and helping them make the NHL....maybe that is do to the fact that when they get called up MT doesn't play them much and says they still need to learn.

The AHL baby Habs is there to grow prospects and also future NHL coaches.

Or so I thought .........

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
For me I could care less if they were buddies before or after.

The main point was hiring the best people for the job.
Did MB do this by hiring Lebvevre.

3 season is Hamilton and no playoffs. As it sits today the IceCaps sit 4th in there division making them a bubble team.
I have yet to hear a prospect praise Lebvevre for teaching them so much and helping them make the NHL....maybe that is do to the fact that when they get called up MT doesn't play them much and says they still need to learn.

The AHL baby Habs is there to grow prospects and also future NHL coaches.

Or so I thought .........

I agree, Lebfevre does not have the personality to be a head coach, but that was not my point with Miller....to make things up to make your point look better is not cool, in the case of MillerTime of course, not you

Last edited:

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
I agree, Lebfevre does not have the personality to be a head coach, but that was not my point with Miller....to make things up to make your point look better is not cool, in the case of MillerTime of course, not you

Totally agree

Thrower down to the Beast

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
How has Brett Lernout been? Does he have a future with the habs?

he's been solid, I thought he would be more physical but the good thing about him is that I haven't really noticed him. He's also gotten better as the season has gone on which is a good sign for a 20 year old rookie. The problem though is that the defense overall has struggled, which was expected especially after losing Barberio as they were already such a young and inexperienced group that lost their top vet on the blueline. I would think Lernout has a future with the Habs, we'll have to see how much he continues to progress over the next 2 years.

Thrower down to the Beast

good to hear, hate to see him sitting around when he's missed so much time already.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
really hope Scherbak can show some good things in the remainder of this season, stay healthy and have a good offseason. I think we wouldn't be so worried about the future if arguably our best prospect was healthy and producing. I only hope he's not injury prone. Both seem like accidents and he's seemed to have so far bounced back from them.

Afaik I've never heard anything bad of his character or compete levels. Those are the only things I could think of that could hold him back and be a solid top 6er for us. As well as getting stronger. Hopefully a healthy offseason can help with that. Fill out that big frame of his.

Mr Fox

Hungry since '93
Aug 21, 2013
Did someone notice the lineup posted by the team's twitter account? They show Scherbak centering the first line, does someone have any input on that !?

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
:laugh: I guess Scherbak a centerman now.....really didn't see that coming at ALL

Bud the stud is back. We need this win so I hope they bring it tonight. Fucale should have the start and give Eddie tomorrows game imo

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Man, that forward lineup is so stacked. Friberg/Bournival/Dumont in the bottom 6.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
:laugh: I guess Scherbak a centerman now.....really didn't see that coming at ALL

Bud the stud is back. We need this win so I hope they bring it tonight. Fucale should have the start and give Eddie tomorrows game imo

Dude if Scherbak becomes a centreman... Holy :amazed:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
really hope Scherbak can show some good things in the remainder of this season, stay healthy and have a good offseason. I think we wouldn't be so worried about the future if arguably our best prospect was healthy and producing. I only hope he's not injury prone. Both seem like accidents and he's seemed to have so far bounced back from them.

Afaik I've never heard anything bad of his character or compete levels. Those are the only things I could think of that could hold him back and be a solid top 6er for us. As well as getting stronger. Hopefully a healthy offseason can help with that. Fill out that big frame of his.

yea it sucks when you have a prospect be injured during the summer as it really impacts their training. Hopefully he does have a healthy off-season and can bring it at camp as we know the skill is there.

Did someone notice the lineup posted by the team's twitter account? They show Scherbak centering the first line, does someone have any input on that !?

that was a surprise to see, especially with Hudon on the line since he was the center.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Was hoping they would show a replay because I am not sure what happened to him. Was eating looked down, looked up and he was sprawled on the ice.

Not sure it was clean, we didnt really see it nicely but he definitely got rocked, my guess is he was either looking down or it was a late hit.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Nice 5 on 3 PP goal by Holloway (Ghetto, Ellis), walked in front and went cheese.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Caps just falling apart in the 3rd. Three quick goals to make all the Caps players to hang there heads.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
at least Scherbak got a point, his 3rd in the last 3 games. He set up the goal for MacMillan, a tap in with 1 second left. It was a nice play by Hudon to cause the turnover that led to the goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad