2015-16 Schedules, Training Camp, Rookie Camp, Media, Salary Cap, Draft Picks

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Bringing in a guy like Tlusty would just put another body in front of Laughton. At some point, we need to give this kid his shot.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Bringing in a guy like Tlusty would just put another body in front of Laughton. At some point, we need to give this kid his shot.

He will get a shot this year....just like last year. It's up to him to be better than the other options. And I think he will be.

Fragmuffin

Aug 20, 2013
Zagreb

He would not be competing for Laughtons spot. Tlusty's problem is that we have to many Gagners, Umbergers (hopefully not), Reads, Schenns etc. that will challenge for mid 6 wing positions. He is a player I would not mind seeing in a Flyers uniform tho. A skilled, versatile forward who is in his prime years.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Rookie Camp starts today?

Lets get this up and running.

Stopped by today. Not much going on. Just a casual skate pretty much. Flyers were doing some 5v5 drills on the other rink. The rookie group consisted of AHL eligible guys. Provorov, Sanheim, Konecny, etc. weren't on the ice. I think they may have been testing.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Morin and Ghost paired together for drills according to Sam C

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Morin and Ghost paired together for drills according to Sam C

Yeah...Sam spewing ******** again.

They were doing 3 on 3 drills. 1 D and 2 forwards. Sam and Shayne weren't even on the same "team" so I don't know where he's coming up with that.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Yeah...Sam spewing ******** again.

They were doing 3 on 3 drills. 1 D and 2 forwards. Sam and Shayne weren't even on the same "team" so I don't know where he's coming up with that.

I can't wait for all the beat writers hard hitting journalism at this rookie camp. :sarcasm:

Apparently it's now or never for Laughton. Which a few of them said the same thing last year. Also, every one of the top D prospects will be badgered incessantly about making the team. The majority of these beat writers must have heavy blackmail on people to have kept there jobs this long.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Apparently ALL Veterans are already at camp and played 5 on 5 games today on the other ice. They don't officially start til later in the week so everything is being done on their own with no coaches.

Also theres a twitter account @sportsology that's posting a lot of updates at camp

Last edited:

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
What do these beat writers expect to hear when they ask how disappointed a person would be if they don't make the team? What's the juiciest outcome? It's such a strange question. some people complain that players are too robotic in interviews and give stock answers all the time, but these people ask the same stupid leading questions all the time, they're just gonna keep getting the least controversial answers

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
When it comes to Panotch I think the same as I think about Eklund. Why read his talentless sensationalism or give it a second thought when you could just ignore it while also giving him zero publicity or word of mouth?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I didn't read it. Unfortunately he was asking questions in every interview I watched today.

Fragmuffin

Aug 20, 2013
Zagreb
OK... I don't want to see Laughton moved to wing nor do I like Panotch, but why would it be so unfathomable to see Schenn or Gagner playing the 3rd line center and having Laughton on the wing? A position an inexperienced player might feel more comfortable in.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Can't see Ganger playing center, but if Schenn is playing center, Laughton will be in the AHL presumably. It really makes no sense to move Laughton to the wing until he shows he can't handle it. He doesn't really have a winger's profile. I see a center spot up for grabs if he wants it.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Timmeh asked Konecny today if he was concerned that all the center depth we have would make it tough for him to make the big club. It looks like he's pretty much he's just pulling stuff out his butt even more than usual today.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Move Bellemare to wing before moving Laughton. He's a vet who has played plenty of wing in the past.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
OK... I don't want to see Laughton moved to wing nor do I like Panotch, but why would it be so unfathomable to see Schenn or Gagner playing the 3rd line center and having Laughton on the wing? A position an inexperienced player might feel more comfortable in.

Because Laughton has shown in Jr that he can be elite defensively at C. Laughton at C is what could potentially can allow Couturier to have less D zone starts.

For his last season of the OHL for the Eastern conference, he was voted:
2nd smartest
2nd best around the goal area
2nd best shot
3rd hardest shot
1st in faceoffs
2nd for best defensive forward
1st for best penalty killer

To me, that seems like a guy that can certainly handle some of Couturiers heavy minutes.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Because Laughton has shown in Jr that he can be elite defensively at C. Laughton at C is what could potentially can allow Couturier to have less D zone starts.

For his last season of the OHL for the Eastern conference, he was voted:
2nd smartest
2nd best around the goal area
2nd best shot
3rd hardest shot
1st in faceoffs
2nd for best defensive forward
1st for best penalty killer

To me, that seems like a guy that can certainly handle some of Couturiers heavy minutes.

He is also Mucho Rapido and a fore-checking monster.

I want him at 3C so much from now onwards... when not impaired by his post-concussion recovery he was a PPG AHLer at 20 years old. Now I am not so sure his offence transfers to the NHL, I actually think he will most likely be a 30-40 point guy, but I am pretty certain he will be a good defensive centre and PKer in the NHL.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
He is also Mucho Rapido and a fore-checking monster.

I want him at 3C so much from now onwards... when not impaired by his post-concussion recovery he was a PPG AHLer at 20 years old. Now I am not so sure his offence transfers to the NHL, I actually think he will most likely be a 30-40 point guy, but I am pretty certain he will be a good defensive centre and PKer in the NHL.

100% agreed.

Couturier has shown that a 30-40 C who is great defensively can be a VERY good player and have a big impact on a team.

Plus, I think if you went to Laughton and told him that he was now in the shutdown role, he would love it. Tell him to focus on D 1st and annoy the hell out of teams top lines.

Having teams have to deal with G, Couts, Laughton and Belle at C gives no really easy C to play against. Of course it all falls apart when it comes to our D, but that fix us coming.

Laughton is the key to unlocking Couts.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
Plus, I think if you went to Laughton and told him that he was now in the shutdown role, he would love it. Tell him to focus on D 1st and annoy the hell out of teams top lines.
Well, I think that's the only role in which he can succeed in the NHL anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad