2015-16 Schedules, Training Camp, Rookie Camp, Media, Salary Cap, Draft Picks

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Just in case anyone doesn't know, TCN is in HD on channel 580 on FIOS.

so they finally got TCN in HD on fios its the last piece.

Also I noticed NHL.com loaded the preseason into its banner on the main nhl.com page

my guess to mark 30 days till first preseason game.

usually first week of sept CSN releases its local tv schedule

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Pre-season game vs. the Islanders on September 25 was changed to 6pm.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Pre-season game vs. the Islanders on September 25 was changed to 6pm.

so the road closeurs happen at 10pm? If i go to this game I'm taking septa, i'm not taking a chance on a traffic jam on i76. I'll park at the norriston train station wissahickon in manayunk and subway.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Free wieners too.

i didn't know they giving away free dogs, thanks for the heads up for the promo. my starting at 6 that would have the game over by 830 unless OT. so that leaves 90 min to get out of dodge. I know eagles are on road, phillies are on road. but I'd imagine alot of out of towners will be touring the city so the road ways could be very jammed.

septa is best way to get around especially with 90 min to get to where you gotta get to before they close it.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
so the road closeurs happen at 10pm? If i go to this game I'm taking septa, i'm not taking a chance on a traffic jam on i76. I'll park at the norriston train station wissahickon in manayunk and subway.

Would have been nice if some foresight was used and they just rescheduled the game. Should've been the game they played in London or Allentown.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
Got tickets for each of the home preseason games on vivid for under $15 each (before taxes), on the defensive side of the ice ;) Pretty pumped!

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Though it is placed elsewhere, this is the training camp roster and additional info:

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=778177&navid=DL|PHI|home

Ticket info:

The 2015 training camp will begin with three consecutive days of on-ice sessions that are free and open to the public. The Flyers will be on the ice for sessions at 9:45 AM and 1:00 PM on September 18, 19 and 20.

Flyers fans of all ages are invited to enjoy the family-friendly “Super Saturday” of Training Camp on September 19. The first 250 fans in attendance will receive a Flyers “Play Boldly” t-shirt, and all fans will receive a Flyers season schedule key chain. A variety of interactive games and booths will be available to visit, including Flyers 5K, Reading Royals, and Lehigh Valley Phantoms-themed set-ups. Fans can also visit the FREE open-air Flyers photo booth, as well as the Dunkin Donuts booth for the opportunity to win prizes.

All on-ice sessions at The Virtua Center Flyers Skate Zone will be free and open to the public throughout training camp. Ice times past the first weekend of camp will be posted on Philadelphiaflyers.com as they become available.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Getting closer to camp, I'm hoping Voracek's influence as the new Czech patriarch of the hockey world is enough influence to bring Jiri Tlusty to camp.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
My Dad sold his 2 preseason Pope tickets on craigslist in the New York ads :laugh: Poor people probably have no idea

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I actually wanna go see some of the kids play but I know it's not going to be worth the headache.

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010
My Dad sold his 2 preseason Pope tickets on craigslist in the New York ads :laugh: Poor people probably have no idea

I have tickets to that game too and was considering selling them but I don't think I'll have too much of an issue getting there since 95 will be open. That area of the city will be open to traffic correct? Only issue may be traffic but I really don't want to miss the game. Need to get my hockey fix and get a chance to see some of the kids play hopefully.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
That'd be great.

We have no room for anyone. If Ganger would of been traded or released I would of said yes but other then a injury I don't see anyone available as a major upgrade. Unless Read/Ganger are moved which at this point would be tricky and somewhat lateral.

My biggest hope is that the stick to a set lineup early in camp and get chemistry going early. Every year we have to many players or try to stick guys where they don't fit or deserve to be.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Getting closer to camp, I'm hoping Voracek's influence as the new Czech patriarch of the hockey world is enough influence to bring Jiri Tlusty to camp.

camp opens up on thursday 17th right and flyers have a game like 8 days from now this is good. i wonder if CSN has put out there preseason tv schedule.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I saw the other day that the Flyers hadn't contacted him, so, oh well. Will be fun to see the "if he's so good why isn't he in the NHL" topics that come up regarding him this year elsewhere, namely in Winnipeg who should have kept him.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I saw the other day that the Flyers hadn't contacted him, so, oh well. Will be fun to see the "if he's so good why isn't he in the NHL" topics that come up regarding him this year elsewhere, namely in Winnipeg who should have kept him.

He wasn't anything special in winnipeg and they want to get the young guys in the line up. Not surprising at all they let him go.

If we could move a D man by including Read I would be all for signing Tlusty tho.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
He wasn't anything special in winnipeg and they want to get the young guys in the line up. Not surprising at all they let him go.
Yeah, but I think that was because he got slotted on the third and fourth lines, if I'm not mistaken. But I can't say what the chicken and what the egg here was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad