2015-16 Schedule Released

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
That's the same photo they show every year, and is not part of the 2015-16 schedule. A quick look at where the All-Star break is blocked off shows this does not match to what appears to be an actual leak in the deleted tweet.

Oops, didn't realize that.

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
AHL ‏@TheAHL 28s29 seconds ago
ADVISORY: The 2015-16 #AHLSchedule will be released tomorrow, Thursday, Aug. 27, at 1 p.m. ET.

Yay. I can hardly wait to see the 12 times Chicago plays Milwaukee and Rockford, the 10 times versus Iowa and Grand Rapids, the 8 times against Lake Erie, the 6 times against Texas, San Antonio, Manitoba, and Charlotte.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
Yay. I can hardly wait to see the 12 times Chicago plays Milwaukee and Rockford, the 10 times versus Iowa and Grand Rapids, the 8 times against Lake Erie, the 6 times against Texas, San Antonio, Manitoba, and Charlotte.

It's not like you're going to any of those games anyway.....and if I looked at the leaked matrix and saw it right....it looks like at the end of january the Wolves play the Phantoms in Chicago.

BTV

Oct 12, 2005
Lewiston, Maine
It's not like you're going to any of those games anyway.....and if I looked at the leaked matrix and saw it right....it looks like at the end of january the Wolves play the Phantoms in Chicago.

I see what you're referring to, but if you look up that same orange arrow appears to be in WBS on the same day. With WBS being the much more likely destination for the Phantoms, I wonder if that is actually the red arrow of Rockford, with the light making it appear more orange.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
I see what you're referring to, but if you look up that same orange arrow appears to be in WBS on the same day. With WBS being the much more likely destination for the Phantoms, I wonder if that is actually the red arrow of Rockford, with the light making it appear more orange.

I actually wondered the same thing when I looked at it. You are probably right.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
AHL ‏@TheAHL 28s29 seconds ago
ADVISORY: The 2015-16 #AHLSchedule will be released tomorrow, Thursday, Aug. 27, at 1 p.m. ET.

Hoping to see some variety for the Gulls' comeback season, but I'm anticipating a bulk of the games against the other California teams.

snowmobile

Jan 23, 2015
Ontario vs. San Diego - 11 times
Ontario vs. Bakersfield - 12 times
San Diego vs San Jose - 12 times
San Antonio vs. Texas - 13 times

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006

Schedules are out.

.... underwhelming to see the Wolves only playing nine different teams all season...

And who got the schedule right????? Me. Just cancelled my season tickets today.

MM658

Feb 7, 2011
Springfield, MA area
Springfield's schedule undershot my low expectations.
No games against the two Canadian teams in the Eastern Conference.
Ridiculously-unbalanced (even by AHL standards) schedule within the division.
Not sure why the Hartford count is so low, given the counts vs. other New England teams.

Providence 7 / 7
Portland 6 / 6
Bridgeport 5 / 5
Hartford 4 / 4
WBS 3 / 3
Lehigh Valley 2 / 2
Hershey 2 / 2

Albany 3 / 3
Syracuse 2 / 2
Utica 2 / 2
Rochester 1 / 1
Binghamton 1 / 1
St John's 0 / 0
Toronto 0 / 0

Western Conference 0 /0

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007

You had already decided that months ago as we both know....as to the schedule the Wolves shove it up the collective a$$e$ of their entire fan base yet again while raising ticket prices yet again. They tout themselves as a big time team and organization all the while crying poor concerning spending money to travel and play teams...meanwhile they are being passed up by teams like rockford and milwaukee.

Pretty *** embarrassing to say the least!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008

After (what seemed like) 30-odd Saturdays last year, I learned my lesson to wait until seeing the schedule. If I'm renewing, its a 10-pack.

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
Might be time to look into Admirals tickets. They're just as far from me now as the Wolves are.

I am 55 minutes from Milwaukee, 35 from Allstate. Rather see the admirals, at east I think they still have giveaways for the fans.

wildcat48

Jul 16, 2005
Portland, Maine
Pirates 2015-16 schedule released
The Portland Pirates released its American Hockey League schedule Thursday for the 2015-2016 season.

The Pirates will kick off its 23rd season in the AHL with a road matinee against the Providence Bruins on Sunday, Oct. 11 at 3:05 pm. They’ll begin their home campaign at the Cross Insurance Arena the following weekend when they face off against the Hershey Bears for a two-game series, starting Oct. 17 at 7:00 pm.

READ MORE>>>>

The Pirates Matrix breakdown
Providence - 14
Springfield - 12
Hartford - 10
Bridgeport - 10
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - 6
Hershey - 4
Utica - 4
Lehigh Valley - 4
St. John's - 4
Syracuse - 2
Toronto - 2
Albany - 2
Rochester - 2

Portland will not play any western conference team or Binghamton

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
3 of the Admirals first 7 games are in Iowa. The season hasn't even started yet and I'm already tired of Iowa.

Pleasantly surprised we're playing a couple of California teams but no surprise at all that 84% of the schedule is division teams.

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
I've got the data now uploaded in my attendance and standings site. Yes, there are only 24 interconference games all year -- GR and Lake Erie will each play four games each against Toronto and Rochester, and Toronto and Manitoba will play against each other eight times.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
I'm beginning to wonder how many people outside of NHL cities even like hockey.

The minor league boards here seem to be a litany of complaints that seem to prioritize everything else over hockey: league is too big-time, league is too small-time, too affiliated, too much development (note to Tommy Hawk, the "anti-development" complaints are aimed at posters other than you), too much travel, too little travel, too few promotions, too many fights, too few fights.

After the 2006-07 season, I'm just happy to have hockey in Cleveland. That probably goes a billion-fold for those who lived for the entire 14-year gap in hockey in this town.

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
After the 2006-07 season, I'm just happy to have hockey in Cleveland. That probably goes a billion-fold for those who lived for the entire 14-year gap in hockey in this town.

And for those of us in San Diego who went without from 2006 through now. Yes, I'm disappointed in the schedule issue, and I'll say that at every chance. But I'm going to have a team to root for again, even if it is made up of the prospects of my NHL team's bitterest rival. And live hockey trumps all of that - for me at least. I guess I'm just "not as good a fan" as the rest of you who can hold to your principles and turn your back on the local team.

UticaHockey

Feb 27, 2013
Utica, NY
The Comets play all 14 teams in the eastern conference. I like it.

Game Breakdown:
SYR: 10
RCH: 8
BNG: 8
ALB: 8
TOR: 8
STJ: 8
HER: 4
POR: 4
SPR: 4
LV: 4
HAR: 4
BRI: 2
PRO: 2
WBS: 2

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
The Comets play all 14 teams in the eastern conference. I like it.

Game Breakdown:
SYR: 10
RCH: 8
BNG: 8
ALB: 8
TOR: 8
STJ: 8
HER: 4
POR: 4
SPR: 4
LV: 4
HAR: 4
BRI: 2
PRO: 2
WBS: 2

Only issue I see with that schedule is that the Devils (nearest local rival, IIRC) should have been the 10 games instead of the Crunch.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
And for those of us in San Diego who went without from 2006 through now. Yes, I'm disappointed in the schedule issue, and I'll say that at every chance. But I'm going to have a team to root for again, even if it is made up of the prospects of my NHL team's bitterest rival. And live hockey trumps all of that - for me at least. I guess I'm just "not as good a fan" as the rest of you who can hold to your principles and turn your back on the local team.

Posts like this make me wish there was a "rep" button on HFBoards.

Very well said.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin

I think we'd all rather have hockey than not but the schedule is definitely a valid complaint. In a 30 team league you see about 10 teams. And it's the same 10 teams constantly, year after year, encompassing the home schedule.

Nobody is saying St. John's has to play San Diego or anything but would it really be that difficult or exceedingly expensive to have Hershey and Chicago play a home and home as an example?

Nobody is saying hey Eastern teams, go play this Western team 6 times this year. All we want is 2 games, 1 home, 1 away from teams we never see unless our team makes the Calder Cup Finals against that team at the expense of a team we see 8-12 times a year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad