2015-16 Schedule Released

Theoriginalalex

@3in3hockey
May 5, 2014
Staunton, VA
Thanks to this tweet: https://twitter.com/muzzy20/status/634825115985965057

EDIT: tweet deleted. Figured it was a good idea to screen grab it, though.

Photo%20Aug%2021%2022%2023%2018_zpsipfru5tx.jpg

Didn't take me long to figure out symbols. Home games are in your row, with symbol for away team.

Probably the most interesting things I see are SD going to Charlotte Feb 12+13, and inter-conference play between Roc/Tor and GR/LE/Mtb.

I did figure out all of the Rochester games, since I'm most interested in that: https://twitter.com/alex_gerwitz/status/635073912976592896

Last edited:

Theoriginalalex

@3in3hockey
May 5, 2014
Staunton, VA
From the top...

Portland = red square
Providence = black circle
Springfield = orange circle
Bridgeport = blue circle
Hartford = white circle
WBS = light purple square
Lehigh Valley = orange arrow
Hershey = black arrow

Binghamton = yellow triangle
Albany = white square
Utica = pink triangle
Syracuse = yellow square
Rochester = white star
Toronto = blue arrow
St. John's = light blue square

Lake Erie = grey square
Grand Rapids = red circle
Chicago = yellow star
Milwaukee = light blue star
Rockford = red arrow
Iowa = black star
Manitoba = pink square
Charlotte = green circle

Texas = green star
San Antonio = yellow arrow
Stockton = red star
San Jose = green triangle
Bakersfield = orange square
Ontario = grey circle
San Diego = yellow circle

I checked these against every team's guaranteed home dates (what can I say? I was bored this morning!), and it works out perfectly.

Last edited:

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
AHL schedule sucks. I know they don't have te money the nhl does but as a devil fan living in Toronto I never get to see Albany come to town. Yet Lake Erie is here every other weekend. It is not like there Realy is much of a difference in distance. I would go to more games if I could see more teams. Especially Albany

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
AHL schedule sucks. I know they don't have te money the nhl does but as a devil fan living in Toronto I never get to see Albany come to town. Yet Lake Erie is here every other weekend. It is not like there Realy is much of a difference in distance. I would go to more games if I could see more teams. Especially Albany

"Puckclektr":

Next season you will see Albany as they are now in the same division...............

Disengage

Nov 11, 2007

Toronto was in the West for a long time. They'll be playing Albany this season as they're now in the same division.

BTV

Oct 12, 2005
Lewiston, Maine
Thanks to this tweet: https://twitter.com/muzzy20/status/634825115985965057

EDIT: tweet deleted. Figured it was a good idea to screen grab it, though.

Photo%20Aug%2021%2022%2023%2018_zpsipfru5tx.jpg

Didn't take me long to figure out symbols. Home games are in your row, with symbol for away team.

Probably the most interesting things I see are SD going to Charlotte Feb 12+13, and inter-conference play between Roc/Tor and GR/LE/Mtb.

I did figure out all of the Rochester games, since I'm most interested in that: https://twitter.com/alex_gerwitz/status/635073912976592896

Very insightful, thank you. Neither of your examples are inter-conference play though. Roc/Tor are both in the East, GR/LE/Mtb are all in the West.

Disengage

Nov 11, 2007
Very insightful, thank you. Neither of your examples are inter-conference play though. Roc/Tor are both in the East, GR/LE/Mtb are all in the West.

Interconference = East vs. West

Intraconference = East vs. East or West vs. West

BTV

Oct 12, 2005
Lewiston, Maine
Interconference = East vs. West

Intraconference = East vs. East or West vs. West

Yes, I understand what the words mean. On second look, I see the OP was saying Rochester and Toronto play games against Grand Rapids, Lake Erie, and Manitoba. The way it was written, I misunderstood the meaning to be saying Rochester and Toronto were playing each other, and Grand Rapids, Lake Erie, and Manitoba were playing each other.

This pic does show a Portland-Toronto matchup as well, which is a pleasant surprise. I'd be happy with completely segregated intra-conference play if it guaranteed you'd see all 14 teams in the conference, but with the Western East teams still apparently mixing with the Eastern West teams this matrix will again likely be all over the place.

Theoriginalalex

@3in3hockey
May 5, 2014
Staunton, VA
Yes, I understand what the words mean. On second look, I see the OP was saying Rochester and Toronto play games against Grand Rapids, Lake Erie, and Manitoba. The way it was written, I misunderstood the meaning to be saying Rochester and Toronto were playing each other, and Grand Rapids, Lake Erie, and Manitoba were playing each other.

This pic does show a Portland-Toronto matchup as well, which is a pleasant surprise. I'd be happy with completely segregated intra-conference play if it guaranteed you'd see all 14 teams in the conference, but with the Western East teams still apparently mixing with the Eastern West teams this matrix will again likely be all over the place.

My bad, was confusing.

Anyway, I was surprised to see Portland come to Roc+Tor, too. I wasn't sure what to expect in the East this year, but if Portland can make the longest drive in the conference, nobody has a good excuse not to play a home-and-home with everybody else.

Out West, it really seems like the Midwest and Pacific will play each other on a very limited basis, but everybody won't face each other. Milwaukee can be seen taking a quick 2-game roadie to Bakersfield and San Diego, while Manitoba visits Stk/Ont/Bak twice each, but skips SJ on the trip even though they are at home.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Wait, I'm confused by that pic.... does that mean that the AHL still does their schedule manually? Figured that every league on every level just used a generic computer program for that sort of thing by now.

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
There are too many variables and conflicts to use a computer scheduler alone. I'm sure they use a program to get a starting point, but eventually you have to have a person look at it and make changes. Certain teams want "special" dates, travel time has to be considered, arena availability, limiting the number of three in threes and four in fives, etc. Even the NHL, NBA, NFL, etc have a person (or committee) who makes the final adjustments. Having it up on a board like that makes it easier to visualize vs just looking at it on a computer screen.

Disengage

Nov 11, 2007
Am I mis-reading that pic, or does San Antonio have an entire month w/ no home games?!

Bull riding in the arena. They've been kicked out for February the last 4 seasons (and probably much longer than that).

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
The Admirals' VP of ticket sales was just on the radio and said fans are going to be excited about seeing teams they haven't seen before. Probably just means the California teams.

Theoriginalalex

@3in3hockey
May 5, 2014
Staunton, VA
There are too many variables and conflicts to use a computer scheduler alone. I'm sure they use a program to get a starting point, but eventually you have to have a person look at it and make changes. Certain teams want "special" dates, travel time has to be considered, arena availability, limiting the number of three in threes and four in fives, etc. Even the NHL, NBA, NFL, etc have a person (or committee) who makes the final adjustments. Having it up on a board like that makes it easier to visualize vs just looking at it on a computer screen.

Actually, from everything I've read, they don't use software at all. 100% manual. The ECHL is the same way, and I would assume juniors too, since they all schedule weekend-heavy, travel-light.

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
The Admirals' VP of ticket sales was just on the radio and said fans are going to be excited about seeing teams they haven't seen before. Probably just means the California teams.

They say that every year. Remember how exciting it was when we got to see the Abbotsford Heat instead of the Quad City Flames?

They just mention how many new #s, without addressing how many teams we saw the previous season that we won't see. Just a shell game that means nothing.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
Rumor has it the schedule comes out tomorrow....I'm guessing around 3pm central time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad