2015-16 Power Play

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I don't care if we have 19 forwards out there and they're all named Ovechkin. Nothing's going to change until something fundamental about the system changes. Everything we do leads to turnovers. Yet we don't turn the puck over that much 5v5. Saying "effort" or whatever is way too easy.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So the 5 forwards looked even worse. 2nd unit had like the only good scoring chance and think the PP was over by that point, but yeah what DFC said. Not the personnel but the system.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So looking at practice today and the PP units. Cally is once again off the PP in favor of Boyle. So before I say Cooper is a ****ing idiot again can't say I can put all the blame on him. Callahan has been one of the best net front presence forwards in the league over the last half decade. But this season he has not done it that much but to defend him a little, no one is shooting or hardly shooting on goal so kinda boring so he is venturing outside of the crease area now.

Coop can go with 5 defenders or 5 forwards or whatever if the system and plan is not there does not matter.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I don't care if we have 19 forwards out there and they're all named Ovechkin. Nothing's going to change until something fundamental about the system changes. Everything we do leads to turnovers. Yet we don't turn the puck over that much 5v5. Saying "effort" or whatever is way too easy.

im telling you its attitude not the system

how many times have we been down we watch six on five all of sudden had 13 shots whole game now get 13 in four minutes?

its something about the core of these kids they get rolling and its sooooooooooo eassssssssssssssyyyyyy for them that they think can turn off and on no problem when needed

it has to change but not sure when it will ... they do not play the power play with intensity also if look at pk lately they are all backing up and playing it that way

its terrible to watch but its what drives these rutts they seem to continue to have this entire season till a light bulb goes off than they become that team we all love etc..

i really think we need a sports psychiatrist over anything else this team needs even a power play coach maybe someone to constantly yell his head off at them when they hit the bench lol

part of that is cooper seems laid back etc... it carries over into the team

the hunger? missing hopefully shows up when matters but im unsure soooo young they dont get it yet thats for sure

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
At this point it's also becoming a mental thing. It's like they threw in the towel, they seem completely lost and struggle to even make basic decisions. A big part of this is on Cooper but the players clearly don't cooperate to solve the issue. Just get the regulars off the PP for a while, play the likes Sustr, Brown, Namestnikov, Garrison, Boyle and all instead, seriously it can't be worse anyway. They need a fresh start and maybe with a miracle the PP could become half decent come playoffs time.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
At this point it's also becoming a mental thing. It's like they threw in the towel, they seem completely lost and struggle to even make basic decisions. A big part of this is on Cooper but the players clearly don't cooperate to solve the issue. Just get the regulars off the PP for a while, play the likes Sustr, Brown, Namestnikov, Garrison, Boyle and all instead, seriously it can't be worse anyway. They need a fresh start and maybe with a miracle the PP could become half decent come playoffs time.

headline of the season drouin solves power play lightning win the cup lmao :popcorn:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hock...me-to-struggling-lightning-power-play/2269111
At Saturday's practice, 6-foot-7 center Brian Boyle was put in front of the net on the first power-play unit. Gritty wing J.T. Brown and Alex Killorn took turns near the crease for the other unit.
General manager Steve Yzerman said last summer it was one key area he wanted to improve. He tried to address it at the Feb. 29 trade deadline but said an impact player wasn't available. Assistant coach Brad Lauer, who worked with power plays while with Anaheim, was brought in this season, but the unit is primarily run by head coach Jon Cooper.

Cooper said that when the unit struggles, it's upon the coaches to put players in the best positions to improve it. But there's not one simple reason why the power play has fizzled. There's a lack of a shoot-first mentality, and the players make too many low-percentage seam passes. The Lightning was next-to-last in the league in faceoff percentage on the power play (48.3 percent), according to faceoffs.net. You don't see 2-on-1s created with movement, like the more potent power play in Washington (23.7).

"It just hasn't been a well-executed power play," Stamkos said. "We've talked with the coaching staff. As players, everyone has a piece in that. And we don't feel like we've found something that obviously worked.

"It's tough when things aren't working and trying to change things or change units to switch things up. It's not the way you want to have a mind-set going on a power play. You want to be confident."

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
So looking at practice today and the PP units. Cally is once again off the PP in favor of Boyle. So before I say Cooper is a ****ing idiot again can't say I can put all the blame on him. Callahan has been one of the best net front presence forwards in the league over the last half decade. But this season he has not done it that much but to defend him a little, no one is shooting or hardly shooting on goal so kinda boring so he is venturing outside of the crease area now.

Coop can go with 5 defenders or 5 forwards or whatever
if the system and plan is not there does not matter.

Yeh but you know what he hasn't tried? 5 goalies, that'd really confuse them!

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014

Coop can go with 5 defenders or 5 forwards or whatever if the system and plan is not there does not matter.

:handclap::laugh:

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Lol I'm still annoyed he is not on the PP, wanted him to get close to 40 points at least salvage a decent productive season. Gonna be hard with no PP time but then again with no one shooting on goal his job is pretty useless on the PP.

Last edited:

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Oh my how you change ? Thought you wanted drouin gone for yak? Now you like drouin again ?

i said no to drouin for yak go look on main sometimes i wonder on you and said absolutely NO to faulk he sucks might be worse d man in league

i said no drouin for dumba todd

vatanen could see something around shatty sure others were ceci and tanev

i said ok to lazar and chabot or white i really like white myself see a lot of larkin in him and im a lazar fan his style i like

i said no to montour plus which everyone said to take montour i would do both larsson and montour though but only both

im probably wrong on dumba and most would do the drouin dumba thing im just not solid on dumba myself

i said stevie wanted a full time player a prospect and maybe a pick for drouin todd i was person who put that out there where everyone on the main said its too much and stopped drouin trade talk for close to hour for first time in 2 months no one spoke on a trade lol

so maybe you should read more closely?

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
i said no to drouin for yak go look on main sometimes i wonder on you and said absolutely NO to faulk he sucks might be worse d man in league

i said no drouin for dumba todd

vatanen could see something around shatty sure others were ceci and tanev

i said ok to lazar and chabot or white i really like white myself see a lot of larkin in him and im a lazar fan his style i like

i said no to montour plus which everyone said to take montour i would do both larsson and montour though but only both

im probably wrong on dumba and most would do the drouin dumba thing im just not solid on dumba myself

i said stevie wanted a full time player a prospect and maybe a pick for drouin todd i was person who put that out there where everyone on the main said its too much and stopped drouin trade talk for close to hour for first time in 2 months no one spoke on a trade lol

so maybe you should read more closely?

July 1st the curse of the captain I'm interested to see what you will do that day ? I state drouin stays Stamkos goes due to money and numbers.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
July 1st the curse of the captain I'm interested to see what you will do that day ? I state drouin stays Stamkos goes due to money and numbers.

Plus, the idea of him possibly being the big star all of a sudden would likely be a huge thing for Drouin.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

gave you this information already stamkos signs will not be before july 1st think like two weeks after:) he will sign for 9.85 x 8 or less

drouin stays if gets called up has a good postseason but as said think we have chance of losing killorn if he wants over 3 million and losing drouin whenever we have to do a decent contract

also someone besides carle is moving on im named those too in order to keep stamkos

stamkos im still 95% sure stays his options to win and stay where he can just be a guy not a media circus attraction makes us the safest best choice for him

ive named the team that im scared could make a move for stamkos that would work for him but unsure they would pay enough in california to make the difference of him moving there over here in any way worthwhile

and no he is not going to toronto

any other predictions that will come true you need today?:help:

p.s. meant schultz not faulk as worst defender in league guess should re read what write:)

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
gave you this information already stamkos signs will not be before july 1st think like two weeks after:) he will sign for 9.85 x 8 or less

drouin stays if gets called up has a good postseason but as said think we have chance of losing killorn if he wants over 3 million and losing drouin whenever we have to do a decent contract

also someone besides carle is moving on im named those too in order to keep stamkos

stamkos im still 95% sure stays his options to win and stay where he can just be a guy not a media circus attraction makes us the safest best choice for him

ive named the team that im scared could make a move for stamkos that would work for him but unsure they would pay enough in california to make the difference of him moving there over here in any way worthwhile

p.s. meant schultz not faulk as worst defender in league guess should re read what write:)
Absolutely no reason for him not to sign July 1st he will have all the offers June 25th

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

Seems all Stamkos cares about is money anyway! So that's why right now he is heading to FA

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

Just for you bro http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Stamkos-Tide-Turning/1/75521

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Absolutely no reason for him not to sign July 1st he will have all the offers June 25th

absolutely NO REASON FOR HIM NOT TO SIGN NOW

its stamkos when has he ever signed etc.. at a given time

give it two weeks after he has everything in front of him to make decision

sure could go to anaheim to me thats a fear the others? nah so think he stays he does not welcome a media circus imho surrounding him

i say he signs with us for 9.85 below 10 for 8 years

is going to have offers equal or better at 12 million i have zero doubts on that but the media will be bad or the team will not compete for awhile etc..

he stays:)

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Can't see how he doesn't go to that June 25-30 window, where he can gauge interest. Might have been the plan all along, on both sides.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad