2015-16 Power Play

Stormmer

Nov 4, 2015
Question??? I looked at last year stats given we have the same team basically. It hit me ...why is 24 on the second unit getting only 20-30 seconds of opportunity. 24 was the second leading goal scorer last year behind Stammer.
Now we put rookies in his spot???? Also why completely change something that worked at least better than now?In the paper Stammer voiced his concern...." it's Terrible".....not good when you Captain openly complains about the PP......

Not that 24 would change the world but at least go with what is proven.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Because Coop is an idiot. Cally's goals are down because he used to get top PP time, and now is on a 2nd PP unit where no one shoots on goal, which makes his job pretty useless in front of the net trying to screen, re-direct or rebound shots that never come. Cally is neither the problem or solution for the PP. If they do not shoot towards the net it kind of nullifies one of his main jobs on the PP. Need someone to shoot from the point or circles, it is only Stamkos shooting from the left circle, and teams are starting to adjust to that.

It is frustrating seeing a guy who has strived on the PP for years getting leftovers and less time. But what can be done? If Coop does not execute a better PP plan, it does not matter who is getting top time or not.

Last edited:

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Yeah Callahan can only get goals if he poaches them, and well, there's no longer any opportunity to do that.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
But who'll get the puck into the zone?

It's actually interesting. I think the 2nd unit has had the ablity to set up better than the 1st. But the 2nd unit has no one shooting, so it's like whats the point of even getting set up?

We have so many key guys out now so it's really hard to get anything going now. Coop should put Cally with Pally on the same unit, that will open up more space, and if they have a shooter on there, good things will happen.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
But who'll get the puck into the zone?

Hedman and Flip are the two best players at brining the puck into the zone, but for some reason (probably Coop) they always do that stupid drop pass and stop momentum.

For the love of god get Stralman off the PP. He frustrates me so much! always going backwards or losing the puck.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014

Looks like Cooper thought Cally was the problem on the PP, feels like there is a few players that should be off it before him but then again, if they still refuse to shot the puck towards the net his role on the PP isn't very useful.

We'll see how that works.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Tampa has been one of, if not the worst team in the NHL at generating shots on PP the past 2 years. About time.

storm fan

Dec 20, 2004
Looks like Cooper thought Cally was the problem on the PP, feels like there is a few players that should be off it before him but then again, if they still refuse to shot the puck towards the net his role on the PP isn't very useful.

We'll see how that works.

It's ridiculous that Cooper took Cally off the power play. Cally was second in goals on the power play last year. He doesn't know how to use Cally. Cally is not the problem with the power play. I question his decisions!

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I am done with Cooper, you ****ing asstard. You take ****ing one of our top PP goal scores from last season off the PP? Unreal,I am so done right now. **** this team and Cooper.

You ****ing ass clown mother fcking gum chewing ass hole.

THE ****ING PROBLEM IS THE SHOTS TOWARD THE NET, MORON!!!!!

storm fan

Dec 20, 2004
It's ridiculous that Cooper took Cally off the power play. Cally was second in goals on the power play last year. He doesn't know how to use Cally. Cally is not the problem with the power play. I question his decisions!

counting 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 then shoot. Is this pee wee hockey

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Just need to keep playing the same way and some bounces to go our way. Luck is what this league is about. *chews gum*

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
While I don't think taking Callahan off the PP is necessarily a solution, I find it hard to criticize any change since it hasn't been going gangbusters in the first place.

And yes Lauer has been a complete turd so far. It sounds like he was only hired because he knows Cooper. That's dumb. Boucher hit a wall because he was surrounded only by guys he knew and didn't challenge or teach him anything. Our best assistant is Bowness, and he's an old hand who knows how the NHL works. We would have been better served with more proven experience like that.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Raise your hand if you care about a single player's success more than the team's.

wxkid23

Oct 7, 2014
Kissimmee, FL
While I don't think taking Callahan off the PP is necessarily a solution, I find it hard to criticize any change since it hasn't been going gangbusters in the first place.

And yes Lauer has been a complete turd so far. It sounds like he was only hired because he knows Cooper. That's dumb. Boucher hit a wall because he was surrounded only by guys he knew and didn't challenge or teach him anything. Our best assistant is Bowness, and he's an old hand who knows how the NHL works. We would have been better served with more proven experience like that.

Never hire friends. It's really taken a pain on many of the teams I follow in sports

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Aside from Stralman's complete inability to run the point, Kucherov is the 2nd biggest problem on the power play. He never EVER shoots. When I can say Filppula shoots more than he does on the man advantage than he does you know something is wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad