NCAA: 2015-16 Playoff/New Year's Six Watch

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
So, based on these new rankings, it seems like North Carolina has no shot even if they beat Clemson. The Buckeyes are ahead of Stanford, which bodes well for them should Clemson and/or Alabama lose. Sure, Stanford does have a game left against a top 20 team, but I doubt that moves the needle that much should they win.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
So, based on these new rankings, it seems like North Carolina has no shot even if they beat Clemson. The Buckeyes are ahead of Stanford, which bodes well for them should Clemson and/or Alabama lose. Sure, Stanford does have a game left against a top 20 team, but I doubt that moves the needle that much should they win.

Stanford will get a playoff spot if they win and one of Clemson or Alabama loses. I think Ohio State's only shot is if Florida and USC win Saturday. I don't think Ohio State would pass Clemson if they were to lose to UNC.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Stanford will get a playoff spot if they win and one of Clemson or Alabama loses. I think Ohio State's only shot is if Florida and USC win Saturday. I don't think Ohio State would pass Clemson if they were to lose to UNC.

See, I think Stanford should get in if they beat Southern Cal and if Alabama and/or Clemson loses. But do you really think the committee will pass up an opportunity to put Ohio State in over Stanford? I think the committee will want the monster ratings of Ohio State compared to the lackluster ratings that Stanford draws. Plus, they'll say that OSU only has one loss, and Stanford has two. Stanford played a tough non-conference (plus one more conference game), and they'd be conference champs as well. That's enough for me to put them in over the Buckeyes, but I doubt that happens.

I want to see Stanford win and Clemson lose (because Florida is not beating Alabama) just to see what the committee does.

The four team playoff never made any sense. There are five "power" conferences, yet there are only four spots?

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Stanford has a better chance then Ohio state to make it.

Stanford beats USC and they jump past Ohio state. Iowa or MSU will drop. So Stanford is now top 5. Then they just need to have Bama or Clemson lose.

But Bama isn't losing. and Im pretty sure USC wins.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
See, I think Stanford should get in if they beat Southern Cal and if Alabama and/or Clemson loses. But do you really think the committee will pass up an opportunity to put Ohio State in over Stanford? I think the committee will want the monster ratings of Ohio State compared to the lackluster ratings that Stanford draws. Plus, they'll say that OSU only has one loss, and Stanford has two. Stanford played a tough non-conference (plus one more conference game), and they'd be conference champs as well. That's enough for me to put them in over the Buckeyes, but I doubt that happens.

I want to see Stanford win and Clemson lose (because Florida is not beating Alabama) just to see what the committee does.

The four team playoff never made any sense. There are five "power" conferences, yet there are only four spots?

I want 8. Power five conferences. and then the best teams (Like Ohio State, Baylor or TCU blah blah) or maybe just all conference winners with a good record (under 3 losses) +wildcard if needed

member 51464

So Oklahoma is the only lock (since they can't lose). Michigan State/Iowa is a play-in, and Clemson and Alabama are both locks if they win. I think Clemson is if they lose in a close one. Not sure what to think about 'Bama losing a tight one. Hmm.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
The Big 10 winner and Bama (Pretty confident they beat Florida). But I don't know how you keep UNC out if they win.

I know the UNC loss to South Carolina is bad but not any worse than Oklahoma losing to Texas.

Also if Clemson does lose do you think they should stay in or do they get punished for losing late/not winning their conference? Because they're better than OU too.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I think these ESPN guys need to realize that a healthy Connor Cook changes the Spartan offense and they will throw it 40+ times against Alabama.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Oklahoma State vs. Ole Miss in the Sugar Bowl.

Florida State vs. Houston in the Peach Bowl.

Iowa vs. Stanford in the Rose Bowl.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
20061025-lauraquinn.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad