2015-16 Opening Night Roster - LARKIN MAKES IT (Post 159)

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Larkin or Lehtera for Fantasy ?

What do you project for Larkin, I really want Larkin but will he stay up the whole year and will he have a killer year

lehterä is much safer pick.

larkin might stay up all year and score in the 40-50 range or he might go back down in few weeks when datsyuk is back.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Frankly I'd rather have Callahan than Andersson. He's faster and has an element of grit that Andersson lacks.
Translation:

"Frankly I'd rather have [NEW TOY] than [old toy]. [NEW TOY] is [NEW] and has an element of [SHINY] that [old toy] lacks. "

Really though Callahan has done nothing in training camp for a few years now. Passed through waivers twice. Has had quite a bit of injury trouble.

Andy at least seems to always show up to camp and play like his job is on the line.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Translation:

"Frankly I'd rather have [NEW TOY] than [old toy]. [NEW TOY] is [NEW] and has an element of [SHINY] that [old toy] lacks. "

Really though Callahan has done nothing in training camp for a few years now. Passed through waivers twice. Has had quite a bit of injury trouble.

Andy at least seems to always show up to camp and play like his job is on the line.

I wouldn't call either of them a toy. Callahan hasn't done much in camp. Neither has Andersson. But I know one is faster and grittier than the other. That's good enough for me.

How exactly did Andersson look like he was playing with his job on the line? He just looked like the same old Andersson. A reliable, slow grinder. Ferraro was more noticeable than he was and he wasn't that noticeable.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I wouldn't call either of them a toy. Callahan hasn't done much in camp. Neither has Andersson. But I know one is faster and grittier than the other. That's good enough for me.

How exactly did Andersson look like he was playing with his job on the line? He just looked like the same old Andersson. A reliable, slow grinder. Ferraro was more noticeable than he was and he wasn't that noticeable.
Callahan is moderately faster. The 'grit' element doesn't always translate to the NHL.

Andy maybe didn't make much of an impression this year. But he's been kinda pressured to perform 2 or 3 years in a row in camp and has usually been one of the guys that have played like they want it. Maybe this year the tie just went to the veteran. I know I'd rather have the unimpressive veteran instead of the unimpressive rookie. Nosek was probably closer to winning Andy's job than Callahan, unfortunately Nosek had a 'meh' camp too.

Actual Thought*

How? Juniors to AHL is boys to men, AHL to NHL is men to more men.

A big chunk of the AHL is never gonna make the NHL because they aren't good enough. It is pretty straight forward. The absolute best players in the entire world play in the NHL. Huge difference.

Aug 6, 2012
Callahan is moderately faster. The 'grit' element doesn't always translate to the NHL.

Andy maybe didn't make much of an impression this year. But he's been kinda pressured to perform 2 or 3 years in a row in camp and has usually been one of the guys that have played like they want it. Maybe this year the tie just went to the veteran. I know I'd rather have the unimpressive veteran instead of the unimpressive rookie. Nosek was probably closer to winning Andy's job than Callahan, unfortunately Nosek had a 'meh' camp too.

Callahan is loads faster than Andy... so is pretty much everyone else in the organization :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad