Game Analysis: 2015-16 New York Rangers - 4/26 Breakup day

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I would take it the other way. Have we become so soft and sensitive to the point where a player shouldn't be criticized and called out on his inability to perform? This is new york.if he wouldnt be able to handle the criticism Then he should have never signed here. Again not sure how brooks was being disrespectful in this particular case?? Maybe Boyle was being disrespectful to every Ranger fan who spent thousands of dollars to watch his horrid play while he cashed every single one of his checks.

Every writer in the NY area was critical of Boyles play yet Boyle only went after Brooks.

Boyle was not disrespectful to Rangers fans. He got older. It happens to the best of us. That is the kind of comment Brooks would make.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
When the team is playing like dog **** is the expectation that all the beat writers say nice thing and write puff pieces? If a player doesn't like the **** that's being written about him---he can play better.

Brooks writes about the Rangers--he's not one of Jimmy Dolan's employees. The Rangers don't pay him. The New York Post does. He's one of Rupert Murdoch's employees. The Post is a tabloid and tabloids like controversy. When the Rangers are playing like **** and Brooks says so and even when he points out this player or that to blame--it's usually fairly accurate.

Boyle should have played in Toronto or Montreal. Their journalists would have had a field day ripping his play apart.

He would have been crucified in either of those places. The funny thing is, I didn't even think Boyle was that bad. He wasn't good, just serviceable. Boyle wasn't our worst D man this year by a longshot.

Last edited:

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
When the team is playing like dog **** is the expectation that all the beat writers say nice thing and write puff pieces? If a player doesn't like the **** that's being written about him---he can play better.

Brooks writes about the Rangers--he's not one of Jimmy Dolan's employees. The Rangers don't pay him. The New York Post does. He's one of Rupert Murdoch's employees. The Post is a tabloid and tabloids like controversy. When the Rangers are playing like **** and Brooks says so and even when he points out this player or that to blame--it's usually fairly accurate.

Boyle should have played in Toronto or Montreal. Their journalists would have had a field day ripping his play apart.

yes, I don`t see how the players are going to be successful with this coach. But then again Roman Empire build the Hadrian's Wall in UK.. Well, do we have any other options to keep, AV - or should we sign a new coach as well?

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I just dislike the AV system - many complaints on the forum was about the entertaining value - was it fun to watch this season?

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I just dislike the AV system - many complaints on the forum was about the entertaining value - was it fun to watch this season?

It wasn't fun because of the mistakes and players not playing the system well. In previous years it has been quite fun.

I have some concerns over AV's coaching but I think we're going to have to wait and see how he does next season. Doubt he'll be fired, but I am interested in if he'll change up his system (maybe no man defense in the defensive zone, it was hard on the team this year and he doesn't really have the personnel anymore) and change up his assistant coaches.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Are you saying Brooks made comments about Boyle that were unprofessional?

I'm saying that Brooks, at times, has acted in an unprofessional manner. I haven't read everything he has ever written about Boyle, so I can't say regarding that.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

No, but I do expect him to tell the whole story. Or at least enough of the story for us to understand that something else was going on. And if you aren't going to mention that there are off ice problems involved, the right thing is to not tell the story.

vladmyir111

Mar 27, 2007
I'm guessing it was something off the record that happened, Brooks is a pretty smarmy dude, but I read his stuff after most games and there was nothing worse about Boyle than anything anyone else has said.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Oh great, now Girardi was hurt a long time. There's the excuse to stick him right back in his role as #1.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I just think this is "much adu about nothing". I'm at the point where either they really drop the gloves or move on already. :)

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
man imagine if somebody this board likes said that about Brooks?

lmaooo

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Oh great, now Girardi was hurt a long time. There's the excuse to stick him right back in his role as #1.

I have to believe you're right. I would say its greater than 50/50 chance he's gonna start season right next to mcdonagh on first pair and tanner on 4th line unless AV is gone which is not happening

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Well AV said that puck movement was one of our biggest issues, so he knows that the backend was a problem. The only issue is identifying who AV thought was causing these issues.

Side note: isn't Brooks technically a columnist, and isn't it his job to post his opinions? Aren't beat writers supposed to leave their personal opinions out of their articles?

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
An old useless tool that should have been thrown out long ago.

NOPE....you put it up on a shelf for display and then you look at it every now and then and express in awe.....how did they ever get anything done with them old tools ?

LOL...and with that old fool...we never got anything done .

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville

lol when he's talking about what Gorton gave up for Staal, 2 2nds and a guy they misused in his time here... Saarela was in NY? :laugh: :help:

I'm not sure he knows anything about Saarela. Then he goes on to down play the fact he gave up 2 2nds and Saarela, saying it's a good thing it wasn't a first. What the **** I would have given up a first before 2 2nds and Saarela. Two seconds and a prospect with great potential is not an improvement, it's still terrible.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
lol when he's talking about what Gorton gave up for Staal, 2 2nds and a guy they misused in his time here... Saarela was in NY? :laugh: :help:

I'm not sure he knows anything about Saarela. Then he goes on to down play the fact he gave up 2 2nds and Saarela, saying it's a good thing it wasn't a first. What the **** I would have given up a first before 2 2nds and Saarela. Two seconds and a prospect with great potential is not an improvement, it's still terrible.

Yeah I had to listen to that part twice before I realized he just misspoke and was referring to Staal being misused. He's surprisingly scatterbrained for a journalist.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Yeah I had to listen to that part twice before I realized he just misspoke and was referring to Staal being misused. He's surprisingly scatterbrained for a journalist.

Oh, yeah that makes more sense. You're right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad