2015/16 Miscellaneous NHL Talk IX - March to the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Meh, it'd be nice to make the playoffs but I'm not going to be all that upset if they don't. Being a fringe team is literally as well as just about even the most optimistic fan thought both going into the season as well as any point during the season. So, can't be disappointed with being one in the end. Kind of a brutal schedule to end the year too with three back-to-backs and every game except one being against playoff teams (and two of them against the hottest team in the league who have owned us this year). So it's not exactly a collapse if they were to miss out either, not in my mind. Regardless, like I said, playoffs would be nice but ultimately we're not winning the Cup so a lottery pick is just as beneficial all-things-considered.

Roy was right in what he said, but he probably shouldn't have said it to the media and he's still a pretty terrible coach.

Difference between Umberger as a healthy scratch and Hartnell as a healthy scratch is that the former is pretty buyout-friendly after this season and Hartnell is not, as well as the whole having to protect Hartnell in an expansion draft thing.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Both Stralman and Stamkos are injured and even with them they weren't as good as people expected them to be this season. They might make it far in the East by virtue of the East being pretty weak after the top one or two teams and so many injuries happening, but they're not winning the Cup.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Could have been interesting if the Isles lost today and tomorrow in regulation.

Too bad. Wednesday's game is even more of a must-win now (changed from 99.5% to 100% ;) ).

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
Kings are my second favorite team, but i cant help but chuckle when I see them get scored on while Vinny and Luke Schenn stand in front of the net not covering their man.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
It would be huge if Carolina could beat Boston tonight.

Also, Pens magic number to clinch 2nd is 4. There is a good chance they could lock that up before Saturday making that game meaningless for them. Ditto for the Islanders, who could clinch 7th before Sunday with a mahic number of 5.

Not saying that means anything...but have to figure both teams will rest some people. Hopefully we are in before Sunday tho...

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
It would be huge if Carolina could beat Boston tonight.
Would be for sure yeah. Detroit game is so crucial with Flyers having worse ROW's than DET and BOS, they cannot end up being tied in points to one of them right? Now looking the standing, Flyers really need to win some games but that said Detroit has a tough last three games. Rangers should win the last one, but BOS game vs DET can mix up things. Can someone really explain all this and the chances. I just get so confused sometimes with the factors and stuff.

It's going to be too close of an ending regular season that I'm not sure if I can watch the games anymore. Even if PIT clinches 2nd spot before saturday they will do prolly just anything to keep the Flyers out.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Hate his guts. Never seen such an entitled spoiled *******. Yes, I will tell you how I really feel

This go around will likely be as successful as his last couple. I really doubt much changes unless he somehow developed a work ethic over the years.

He's got some talent but he's pretty ordinary when surrounded by NHL talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad