2015-16 Lineup Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
More i think about it - more i think Jackman gets waived soon. Seems like Wagner is not going there

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Yeah i mentioned it some time ago - i think this split up is not even to spread out scoring, but speed. Just trying to get two birds stoned at once, see if it works. If not - oh well, we go back to the old ways.

Not only that, but I think doing this now is a way of building chemistry and familiarity for Perry and Getzlaf with other teammates outside of the rotating door at left wing. Bruce likes to tinker, but as we saw last year, splitting Perry and Getzlaf isn't effective late in the year, given they haven't played with anyone else all year, whereas a move like putting Beleskey with Kesler and Silf worked out great, and was able to because they already had that familiarity. This way, regardless of how the experiment works out all season, the option always exists.

And, if it does work out, putting the two back together at a critical moment can be a huge move that will probably work, like putting Toews and Kane together worked for Chicago.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
A side note. I think Rakell has the tools to be a highly skilled winger. Of course we don't have the center depth to do it but, I'd be super curious to see a Raks-Getz-Perry line.
This would actually be great..

Rakell Getzlaf perry
Sekac Kesler silf (line was amazing in camp)
Hagelin Santo stewart
Cogs horcoff Maroon (cogs and Maroon looked good together last year when they tried it)

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Rakell isn't moving to wing.

They've had the kid developing as a center exclusively for the last 3 years, and his progress has been undeniably successful (He gets a little better every year). Why would they want to completely change his role and position out of no where? That'd be a setback in his development for no reason at all. Plus, the bottom 6 needs his playmaking (which is better suited at center anyways)

If you want to get the twins back together, I'd play this lineup:

Sekac-Getzlaf-Perry
Cogliano-Kesler-Silfverberg
Hagelin-Rakell-Santorelli
Maroon-Horcoff-Stewart

IMO Hagelin and Santorelli are better than Stewart and Cogliano offensively. I really like Santorelli's game

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
If Stewart is the 20 goal PF we're hoping and expecting him to be, there is no better finisher than Perry to put on Raks line. I think it's crazy to separate Getz and Perry

I'd be shocked if Stewart got 20 goals playing 3rd line minutes with Rakell and Cogliano the whole year. IMO the only way he gets 20 is if he's stapled to Getzlaf and Perry's LW all year (won't happen either-bruce likes to mix it up). I'm expecting 10-15 goals out of Stewart best case scenario which is fine production for someone brought in on a cheap FA signing.

I disagree that it's crazy to split our best two players up. Think about how deadly we'd be if we got Getzlaf, Kesler, and Perry all clicking on different lines. It might not work out but it is worth a shot considering this is a playoff team no matter what (barring massive injuries to multiple key players)

camshaft

Mar 4, 2013
I think Ritchie will be an impactful player for the Ducks by the end of the season and in the playoffs. His style of play and being the LW on 1st line will make huge difference playing with Getz. It would also allow Pears to remain with Raks and give us 3 excellent lines.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast

Jakob Silfverberg has been cleared to practice, Boudreau said.

Silfverberg is recovering from an illegal hit to the head from Raffi Torres of the San Jose Sharks last Saturday. Boudreau initially said Silfverberg was fine but on Tuesday said that Silfverberg is free from lingering effects "right now."

"Right now he's fine as far as being able to practice," Boudreau said.

**** you Bruce.

KenWu

Apr 2, 2012
I say we let Silfverberg sit out a few games. Maybe 10 if he has to. No need to rush him especially with how good our team is.

Oct 18, 2011
i don't think splitting getzlaf and perry will last, but the beginning of the year is the time to experiment, not the end of it. if it fails you put them back together simple as that

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I say we let Silfverberg sit out a few games. Maybe 10 if he has to. No need to rush him especially with how good our team is.

I agree.

PS
In the suspension video they said Silf didn`t had any bad injuries, so he can`t be that bad. But in any case - yeah, he should go only when he`s 101%

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
What would you expect them to say when our jack ass coach tells the world he could have gone back in.

I believe NHL players safety department has better access to players status than the average fan :laugh:

But yeah Bruce is crazy in this regard. I kind of think it`s the organisation though, Bruce would tell us much more if he`d be allowed to, i think

Joufreau

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa
Any updates on the D situation? Specifically around Fowler and Lindholm. Are they 1st or 2nd pairing/1st or 2nd PP unit? They're both available in my pool, can't seem to find a definitive answer on the subject. Input appreciated!

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
I wonder if they had actually disclosed that Silf was injured if it would have affected Torres' suspension?

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Any updates on the D situation? Specifically around Fowler and Lindholm. Are they 1st or 2nd pairing/1st or 2nd PP unit? They're both available in my pool, can't seem to find a definitive answer on the subject. Input appreciated!

They had the same amount of point in regular season AND postseason last year (even scored goals and assists were the same, lol i didn`t realise that :D ) so it is very close, but Magnus (Hampus) do tend to get more PIM`s and better +/- (at least with Beauch) so he`s probably a better option but you can`t go wrong with Fowler either i think. But if you have a chance, go with Hampus - it`s expected that he also progresses more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad