2015-16 Lineup Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Pretty good i think. Realistically he would be bottom 6 RW with PP time but now if Silf is out he will take his place on 2RW

Good to hear. He's a very solid top 9 center too and was phenomenal for us at ES in 2013-14. Terrific insurance down the middle. Is Rakell the 3C going into this season?

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Hagelin looked like NYR Hagelin in that last Sharks game. He had a nice give and go with Getzlaf to spring him up the left side and got a shot out of it. They looked much better together, but that line is going to sink or swim based on the ability of Stewart to actually finish.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Sorry if this was already discussed, but it looks like this surprise new assistant coach is at least partially because Scotty isn't one anymore. Have they addressed that at all?

Kinda sucks.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
im still not a fan of cogs besides kes-silf.. makes them a good shutdown line but i feel like cogs hinders them offensively. i'd rather have patty/sekac there.

Nurmagomedov

Apr 13, 2015
Maroon-Getzlaf-Perry
Hagelin-Kesler-Silfverberg
Cogliano-Rakell-Stewart
Sekac-Horcoff-Santorelli
Jackman/Wagner

How it should be to start. Could try flipping Sekac and Maroon if Patty is too slow.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Sorry if this was already discussed, but it looks like this surprise new assistant coach is at least partially because Scotty isn't one anymore. Have they addressed that at all?

Kinda sucks.

That's interesting. I had not heard that. But I always thought Scotty was less than a full coach anyway since he never traveled with the team. To me he was more like a paid consultant who showed up for home games.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
Here's what id like to see:

Sekac-Getzlaf-Perry
Cogs-Rakell-Stewart
Maroon-Horcoff-Santorelli

Fowler-Manson
Lindholm-Bieksa
Depres-Vatanen

Ice Crusher

Apr 10, 2011
Quebec City
Hey guys! Coming in peace. I'm building my pool right now which is based only on points production and I chose Anaheim to win the cup. I need to choose some players out of the team. I already penciled down Getzlaf, Perry, and Silfverberg in offense. I am not quite sure if I should choose Kesler since he has regressed a bit. Also, the big question mark is on defense. You guys are stacked. Who is likely to put up some points? Anyway, I'd like to know who will produce the most pts out of your team this season? Thanks in advance.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
With the 23-man roster set and lines being consistent the last little while I think we can expect the opening night roster to look like this:

Hagelin-Getzlaf-Stewart
Cogliano-Kesler-Silfverberg
Sekac-Rakell-Perry

Fowler-Despres/Manson
Lindholm-Bieksa
Stoner-Vatanen

I didn't think Boudreau would stick with the Getzlaf/Perry split all the way until the season started but here we are. I'm really conflicted about this. I like the idea that we're spreading the offense out like we are but at the same time I don't like when those two aren't together. They've been a pair for so long for a reason. I'm incredulous that this will work but it's worth a shot I guess. Shall we start the wagers on how long this will last?

It'll be interesting to see how Manson fits into the lineup. By my observation he looks to be competing with Despres to partner up with Fowler. I know a lot would prefer he bump Stoner out of the lineup but I'm not sure Despres and Vatanen are a fit together. It'd really be a bummer if he's just to be a spare until needed but I guess a few games in that role won't kill him. That's the biggest question mark heading into Saturday's opener for me.

No, it will be over before all bets have a chance to be placed.

On another critically important topic...Was there anything said during the summer about Hampus permanently going with #47?

Nurmagomedov

Apr 13, 2015
Hey guys! Coming in peace. I'm building my pool right now which is based only on points production and I chose Anaheim to win the cup. I need to choose some players out of the team. I already penciled down Getzlaf, Perry, and Silfverberg in offense. I am not quite sure if I should choose Kesler since he has regressed a bit. Also, the big question mark is on defense. You guys are stacked. Who is likely to put up some points? Anyway, I'd like to know who will produce the most pts out of your team this season? Thanks in advance.

Rakell is one you might consider for some cheap production. He's looked real good during preseason and might be good for 50 points this year. On defense i think Lindholm will have the most points followed by Vatanen and Fowler.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai

I have to disagree with nurma, I think Vatanen is still the best bet to produce on D. He's not our best defenseman by any stretch but he's our best offensive weapon back there. Fowler and Lindholm could both be 40 point guys, but I'm skeptical. As for most points overall, a healthy Getzlaf is always the best bet.

It's actually pretty easy to spot the point producers on this team. Outside of those guys, plus the ones you mentioned, the rest are most likely 20-30 point guys. Some could pop for more but it isn't worth betting on.

Last edited:

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Did we really need another training camp thread seeing as it's over? Couldn't we continue this in the lineup thread?

Seeing as how this thread was started first, the appropriate question was why did you start the new thread before the season actually started? The discussion is the same and this one could could easily have been renamed when the season started.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010

Kinda sucks.
I thought I read something in the off-season that he's splitting time with Anaheim and San Diego. But looks like he's moving into more of a scouting then coaching role according to this:

Washington Post said:
Preston will work alongside Trent Yawney and Paul MacLean on Boudreau’s staff. Scott Niedermayer is expected to do more scouting than coaching in his hybrid role for the Ducks this season.

Source

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Here's what id like to see:

Sekac-Getzlaf-Perry
Cogs-Rakell-Stewart

Fowler-Manson
Lindholm-Bieksa
Depres-Vatanen

Setting Rakell up to fail offensively...only problem with that lineup

DaDucks*

Setting Rakell up to fail offensively...only problem with that lineup

Yup... Biggest factor (IMO) of Perry/Getz being split up is because of Cogs only working on the 2nd line and Maybe the 4th....

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
A side note. I think Rakell has the tools to be a highly skilled winger. Of course we don't have the center depth to do it but, I'd be super curious to see a Raks-Getz-Perry line.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Yup... Biggest factor (IMO) of Perry/Getz being split up is because of Cogs only working on the 2nd line and Maybe the 4th....

I think that the reason Hagelin is bring out with Getzlaf is because of the offensive chris try Getzlaf has with Cogliano on the PK (and nowhere else). Hoping Hagelin can use his speed to find a create knowing that Getzlaf can hit him if he can.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Yeah i mentioned it some time ago - i think this split up is not even to spread out scoring, but speed. Just trying to get two birds stoned at once, see if it works. If not - oh well, we go back to the old ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad