Injury Report: 2015-16 Injury News Thread (Updates Post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kchan9

Oct 7, 2010
If the Avs manage to squeek in the playoffs, the injuries and adversity may be a good thing for this team. I hope they continue to play well and several players will need to step up. My guess will be Soda and Boeds for forward and EJ for d.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'd confidently put my money on this guy stepping up even more than he already has.

Yep. He was playing well before, but I'm expecting him to go full Viking mode, not partial Viking like we've been seeing. He was pretty embarrassed by how he let his team down, and you can still sense it in his demeanor during his post game interview against the Oilers.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I got a theScore update saying that MacKinnon and Duchene will miss the next two games, but the article sounded opmitisic that Duchene could return after that. While MacKinnon could take a tad longer.

Sucks that both are going to miss the Wild game, but at least neither of them are gone for multiple weeks to a month.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Man it's just so devastating as a fan to see our best two players go down with injuries with 10 games left and fighting for a playoff spot.

If we manage to go 5-5 in our last 10 I'd call it a major win.

As playoffs for I'd put our hopes at less than 10% if Duchene and MacKinnon miss more than 3 of the last 10 games. Which it looks like a decent chance that happens.

I fully expect a good effort from those who are healthy but it's really difficult to win anything missing such key pieces. Not every team is Edmonton. We play Nashville 2x, St Louis 2x, Minnesota, Washington, Dallas, Philly and Anaheim coming down the stretch that a murder's row even if you're 100% healthy.

It just sucks that the hockey gods found it necessary to have us be without our top 2 centers at such a horrid time.

I'm not saying that the guys we have healthy suck or anything. Its just hard to win in this league when you're down your top two scorers. It would be like St Louis playing without Tarasenko and Steen or Dallas playing without Seguin and Benn. The teams are going to give effort, but at some point you need the talent as well.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
It's been alright. Up to this point only 5 players now will have played in every game: Soderberg, Iginla, Beauchemin, Holden, and McLeod.

Luckily the players who have had some sort of injury haven't been long-term.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
It's been alright. Up to this point only 5 players now will have played in every game: Soderberg, Iginla, Beauchemin, Holden, and McLeod.

Luckily the players who have had some sort of injury haven't been long-term.
They had Varly and EJ miss time, and that's about it. Barrie had his suspension. Landy has had two suspensions. The injuries have been to guys who were depth players, like Stuart and Winchester.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
And Mitchell, Skille, and Bigras.

They've all been fairly short term and spread out though. Not much overlap.

They've been pretty lucky up until now, though it doesn't make it any less annoying. Stupid journeyman nobody Michael Ferland with his reckless charge at MacKinonn off the faceoff takes his knee out.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
we need some clearified catagories
I suggest
Boo boo out for a game or playing poorly through it all
Bad boo out and gone for two games or playing VERY badly

Big BOO out for a week
Injured, seeing a dr and calling it a day.. out and maybe gone for up to two weeks...
Bad bad baby injured .. up to a month
Severe BOO more than a month but back strong for final games
Gone Baby Gone rest of season...

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
It's just bad because of the timing and because it's both at once. We would have survived just fine without Duchene or MacKinnon at any point had they been injured at different times.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
we need some clearified catagories
I suggest
Boo boo out for a game or playing poorly through it all
Bad boo out and gone for two games or playing VERY badly

Big BOO out for a week
Injured, seeing a dr and calling it a day.. out and maybe gone for up to two weeks...
Bad bad baby injured .. up to a month
Severe BOO more than a month but back strong for final games
Gone Baby Gone rest of season...

BOO Radley - you don't see him all year, and then he pops up and saves the day dominating in the playoffs - aka Forsberg.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
It would have been nice to know the extent of the Gelinas injury, or what exactly it is. I'm sure it's not good, and he's done for the year, but just to know what the timeline is and how far into the summer it extends.

I don't think anyone cares enough to really ask, and the organization would rather not say. I'm not expecting much on that front.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Roy confirms that MacK/Duchene have a "very, very slim chance" of playing Monday and Tuesday. It will be longer than 2 games, the reevaluation stuff was more for the fans to get updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad