Injury Report: 2015/16 Calgary Flames Injury Report Thread

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
An update on Smid:
In all seriousness, the fact Smid is skating again is good news.

The 29-year-old has been waiting for the green light from his surgeon to return to full contact following a serious neck injury and surgery that limited him to 31 games in 2014-15.

“I’m pretty close,” Smid said. “I’m going to say I’m a week away.”

And, following that, time will tell when he’ll return to game action.

“I’m not sure,” he said. “I don’t think it’s going to be much longer. I’ve been practising for two weeks. Obviously, I want to get into game situations as soon as possible … we’ll see. I don’t think I’m that far off. I think I’m a little ahead of plan and I feel strong.”

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
All these injuries...

731.gif

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
For all the people who aren't fans of Colbourne (I myself don't think he's that great) we could use him. If he brings a bit more passion than what we've got now it's a good thing

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
For all the people who aren't fans of Colbourne (I myself don't think he's that great) we could use him. If he brings a bit more passion than what we've got now it's a good thing

I agree. Colborne needs more love. We could start by spelling his name correctly. :D

I also think that people get caught up too much in certain advanced stats. Bottom line is Colborne brings something we're dearly lacking right now- the ability to hold onto the puck in the offensive end and sustain offensive shifts.

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
I agree. Colborne needs more love. We could start by spelling his name correctly. :D

I also think that people get caught up too much in certain advanced stats. Bottom line is Colborne brings something we're dearly lacking right now- the ability to hold onto the puck in the offensive end and sustain offensive shifts.

My phone keeps autocorrecting to the wrong spelling lol
It does that with several players

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010

Not Joe's biggest fan. But he has to the tools to be an impact, so I'm looking forward to his return.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Bennett and Colborne back in tonight. Hopefully a much needed boost

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad