Injury Report: 2015/16 Calgary Flames Injury Report Thread

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Better to happen now verse later in the season. Gives the Flamea a chance to test out another player or two in the short term.

Agreed, this will really add to the competition in camp too. If Smid isn't ready by the end of camp we suddenly have 2 jobs open.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
GG, I recommend a second table of "previous injuries" just so we can look back at all the injuries at the end of the year, and use this thread as a reference.

Thus far, Smid and Byron would belong on that list, with injuries dating back to the prior year. Byron has been fully cleared, whereas Smid is still recovering.

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
GG, I recommend a second table of "previous injuries" just so we can look back at all the injuries at the end of the year, and use this thread as a reference.

Thus far, Smid and Byron would belong on that list, with injuries dating back to the prior year. Byron has been fully cleared, whereas Smid is still recovering.

I shall update the OP when I get home to include this idea.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I shall update the OP when I get home to include this idea.

tEPtuos.gif

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
according to the FAN960 cuts are expected Monday as Stockton coaches are in Stockton preparing for camp. So I am guessing it starts Tuesday or Wednesday.

edit: apparently this is the injury thread

Last edited:

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503

If Smid is good go to pretty soon, I'd don't see Wilson getting an NHL contract.

Last edited:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
People forget how good Smid was when we acquired him. Everyone, including the Oilers thought Burkie absolutely robbed them. Burke named Smid as a player that would be very hard to move because of how good he was playing. If he's fully recovered and healthy, we're talking about a potential significant addition to our already deep blueline. I don't know what kind of condition he's in, but I know the Smid we saw last year was not his usual self.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
sorry... what's going on with Bill Arnold? Teeth falling out? Did he take a beating in a fight or something?

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Ugh, Billy's looked like they were ripped right out of the gums. Hockey players are seriously the toughest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad