2015-16 AHL Ontario Reign - going back to Cali, Cali, Cali...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Wait, what? So for the Kings and the Reign we have goalies Quick, Enroth, Budaj, Berube, Bartosak and now Houser available for 4 spots?

Budaj won't factor.

Houser is signed to the Reign. He will likely be in the ECHL most/all of the year. Only signed to Reign as a callup if any of the 4 NHL signed goalies get hurt.

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
Thanks, Holden. That makes sense. I was wondering if they were angling to trade Berube and Houser was there to back up Barto. Glad that's likely not the case. (Berube's worked hard to at least get the chance here.)

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
By the way, does anyone know where to get jerseys? I've looked and haven't found anything really. I've seen people with em at games, but can't find anything online currently. Thanks

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Never mind. I just read they aren't quite available yet. Yay reading!

:laugh:

Yeah, I believe they still haven't really set up shop yet. I'll see if I can find anything else out soonish though, I'll be in the area on Monday or Tuesday.

ExistentialIcing

Jan 9, 2015
:laugh:

Yeah, I believe they still haven't really set up shop yet. I'll see if I can find anything else out soonish though, I'll be in the area on Monday or Tuesday.

Allow me to help - we currently have no ETA on jerseys. I get more calls about jerseys every day than I care to count :)

I'll be sure to post an update here for you guys when I hear something here at the office that I can speak about to the public.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Allow me to help - we currently have no ETA on jerseys. I get more calls about jerseys every day than I care to count :)

I'll be sure to post an update here for you guys when I hear something here at the office that I can speak about to the public.

Saved me a stop, thanks :)

Looks like you'll get bombarded w/jersey orders, for what it's worth.

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut
AHL Live is now taking subscriptions for the season. They do offer early bird specials. The best deal is the team package, were you can get every Ontario Reign game in the regular season for $150.

As always, it's way over priced. But it's the only way to watch the games, unless you go to them. The video feed is based on each indvisual teams building. The audio is synced to the video from the radio broadcast.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
AHL Live is now taking subscriptions for the season. They do offer early bird specials. The best deal is the team package, were you can get every Ontario Reign game in the regular season for $150.

As always, it's way over priced. But it's the only way to watch the games, unless you go to them. The video feed is based on each indvisual teams building. The audio is synced to the video from the radio broadcast.

I think I'm going to go and then radio it. Kings game conflicts withstanding.

417th

Pacifist Division
Feb 4, 2015
is merely a concept
I decided to get 4 season seats to the Reign this year. I love live AHL hockey and now that it is here in L.A. I chose to follow it more closely this year than the big club. Of course on scheduling conflicts I am going to bring what I need to watch the Kings game as well but thought I would throw all of my support behind the AHL and the teams who chose to risk the cash and bring the AHL to the west. Gonna be a great season.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I decided to get 4 season seats to the Reign this year. I love live AHL hockey and now that it is here in L.A. I chose to follow it more closely this year than the big club. Of course on scheduling conflicts I am going to bring what I need to watch the Kings game as well but thought I would throw all of my support behind the AHL and the teams who chose to risk the cash and bring the AHL to the west. Gonna be a great season.

I'm debating doing the same. It's just so hard for me to miss the big club's games, but maaaan.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land

Yep. Pretty much the same way but haven't made a decision on seats yet.

ExistentialIcing

Jan 9, 2015
Please let me know if anyone has some questions about season seats for the upcoming season - we actually have a vacation exchange program so any games you do not make get credited back to your account. You get the full value of your season ticket, guaranteed.

I'd be happy to answer any questions at my office line - 909-941-7821

You don't want to miss $2 beer Fridays, right? :handclap:

Also, here's our training camp schedule. Sessions are open to the public as noted:

Sunday, October 4
7:30 a.m. at LA Kings Icetown Riverside
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
Post-Practice Media Availability

Thursday, October 8
11:15 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. at Ontario Center Ice Arena
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC

Friday, October 9
10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at Ontario Center Ice Arena
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC

Last edited:

417th

Pacifist Division
Feb 4, 2015
is merely a concept
Please let me know if anyone has some questions about season seats for the upcoming season - we actually have a vacation exchange program so any games you do not make get credited back to your account. You get the full value of your season ticket, guaranteed.

I'd be happy to answer any questions at my office line - 909-941-7821

You don't want to miss $2 beer Fridays, right? :handclap:

Also, here's our training camp schedule. Sessions are open to the public as noted:

Sunday, October 4
7:30 a.m. at LA Kings Icetown Riverside
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC

Thursday, October 8
11:15 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. at Ontario Center Ice Arena
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC

Friday, October 9
10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at Ontario Center Ice Arena
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC

I bought my seats early on and went as deluxe as you guys have and it still was only a fraction of what it costs at the staples center. Your pricing is pretty much right on. I like the exchange programs etc.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
JST was a very interesting prospect in the Jets system. Big, fast, and liked to play physical. Produced decently later on college career.

Rumours were that he transferred schools to head back east though and was therefore traded to Buffalo prior to last year since he only wanted to sign out east. I guess with a pretty poor AHL season last year he was forced to take what he could get by signing in Ontario.

Does not have experience playing center from college or pro afaik.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
JST was a very interesting prospect in the Jets system. Big, fast, and liked to play physical. Produced decently later on college career.

Rumours were that he transferred schools to head back east though and was therefore traded to Buffalo prior to last year since he only wanted to sign out east. I guess with a pretty poor AHL season last year he was forced to take what he could get by signing in Ontario.

Does not have experience playing center from college or pro afaik.

I like it. I like it!

Thanks Holden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad