2015-16 AHL Ontario Reign - going back to Cali, Cali, Cali...

Status
Not open for further replies.

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
just went to my daughter-in-law's graduation at the CB arena and any seat in that place will be great seats so looking forward to seeing the kids alot this season, but a little disappointed that I saw signs that beers were still 9 bucks , capitalists

Hoodaha

Aug 8, 2014
Well, for your sake I hope it replenishes all the reservoirs in the state!

But I've made the drive literally hundreds of times. It really is smooth sailing past Valencia.

Bako is definitely worthwhile to mix it up once it a while. There are some quirky restaurants and old school creameries to make the trip worthwhile… And I guarantee you'll find plenty of Kings fans at the game. You won't be stepping into hostile territory, that's for sure. In fact, I would venture to guess it will be more pleasurable than, say, the Ponda center...

It's a very easy drive. The grapevine is rarely crowded and nearly never closed due to weather.

Rabobank arena is a good venue for hockey. I recommend staying at the Marriott next door, or the Padre hotel, a historic building that's been updated to be modern inside. Someone mentioned Jake's Texas Mex, it's a good spot for a reasonably priced dinner. Parking at the arena is easy, as there are lots next to the arena, and if you go early, free street parking.

I'm a Condors fan, so I've never experienced things from the outside, but anecdotally I've heard that the fans are friendly to out of towers (bad apples aside). My opinion is that given nearby teams, it's worth a trip to each of the barns. SoCal is very lucky to have so many AHL/NHL teams within driving distance.

Hoodaha

Aug 8, 2014
Hm, I hadn't thought about it, but in the winter, the Grapevine certainly DOES find itself vulnerable to winter conditions along stretches...

And I did just do from Staples to Rabobank on Google Maps to get the timing estimates -- not from elsewhere within LA. I'm sure from elsewhere, that drive is a hump and three quarters. I did the San Diego/Bako trip a few times in the old WCHL/ECHL days, and the traffic _within_ LA always worried me far more than the traffic between LA and Bako :)

The much much more likely cause of delays on the grapevine is CalTrans rather than weather.

ExistentialIcing

Jan 9, 2015
I received a couple messages about Ontario Reign/Kings conflicts home game conflicts. Just FYI we specifically made a ticket mini plan for those people who want to come to as many as possible. All of the games listed on the SILVER plan (save for the home opener on 10/23) do not conflict with Kings home games:

FR7CF43.jpg

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
I'm out and about or I'd post something for ya; but we should be able to piece one together given what we know so far!

It would be easier if MayorsManor wasn't down right now.

Okay, here's the line-up for Game 2 of the Calder Cup Finals against Utica:

Forwards - subtract Weal, Shore, O'Brien, Van Der Gulik. Add Brodzinski, Zykov, and that AHL vet signed a couple of months ago.

Defense - subtract Bodnarchuk, Miller, Raine. Add Leslie, Lintuniemi, possibly Cernak, possibly McBain

Goaltending - still Berube and Bartosak, possibly Budaj if Berube's ankle isn't ready at the start.

Who am I missing? Who do we think plays on what line?

Last edited:

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut
It's hard to put an AHL line up together this far out. But I'll give it a try. The Reign still have some open roster spots. Most notable at center. I'm also gonna go on the assumption that Weal and Shore make the Kings roster. And that either Forbort or McBain will either be in LA or Ontario. I can't remember what Forbs waiver status is. Also, in my opinion, I think the final forward spot could be between Andreoff and O'Neill. But for now I'll put O'Neill in Ontario.

Depth Chart (not my projected lines):

Kempe - Newbury - O'Neill
Mersch - Dowd - Brodzinski
Zykov - Crescenzi - Auger
Bissonnette - ??? - Backman
Lowry- Kitsyn - Sabourin

Schultz - McBain/Forbort
Gravel - LoVerde
Lintuniemi - Ebert
Cernak(?) - Leslie
MacDermid - Roach

Berube
Bartosak

Obviously, all those defenseman won't make the roster. But that should more or less be it.

Last edited:

417th

Pacifist Division
Feb 4, 2015
is merely a concept
It's hard to put an AHL line up together this far out. But I'll give it a try. The Reign still have some open roster spots. Most notable at center. I'm also gonna go on the assumption that Weal and Shore make the Kings roster. And that either Forbort or McBain will either be in LA or Ontario. I can't remember what Forbs waiver status is. Also, in my opinion, I think the final forward spot could be between Andreoff and O'Neill. But for now I'll put O'Neill in Ontario.

Lowry- Kitsyn - Sabourin

Schultz - McBain/Forbort
Gravel - LoVerde
Lintuniemi - Ebert
Cernak(?) - Leslie
MacDermid - Roach

Berube
Bartosak

Obviously, all those defenseman won't make the roster. But that should more or less be it.

If you make it out to Cali I have a ticket for you to any of the home games you want to attend. Appreciation for your years of loyally sharing your opinions with us. Let me know.

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013

Lowry- Kitsyn - Sabourin

I'm game. How about:

Mersch - Kempe - O'Neill
Zykov - Dowd - Brodzinski
Lowry - Newbury - Backman
Bissonnette - Crescenzi - Sabourin/Auger

(Don't know enough about Kitsyn to say.)

Adrian Kempe stated that he was comfortable playing both center and wing so I moved him over to center the first line.

ETA: Forgot about Newbury and Riley A. Added Newbury to the line-up.

Captain Mittens*

What do Reignarchs fans expect from Auger this season?

417th

Pacifist Division
Feb 4, 2015
is merely a concept
What do Reignarchs fans expect from Auger this season?

I expect a return to his O skills developing a bit more and that he take ownership of his size. For me this season he either needs to establish himself solidly as an NHL capable prospect or risk falling way down the depth charts. Has his development so far been a fluke or has he taken one solid step of many sort of thing. I think he is going to be a very capable King replacement before too long (big grinding bottom 6 forward) but he could be more. I want to see him keep stepping forward.

417th

Pacifist Division
Feb 4, 2015
is merely a concept
So excited to have the AHL right here in socal. If you would have told me this was going to happen a couple of years ago I would have thought it impossible.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad