2015-16 AHL affiliate - San Diego Gulls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Kase`s Facebook last post was in October 23 where it said he could be out around 2 weeks. That day is coming so hopefully we see him soon!

Opak

Nov 28, 2014

PGP 11/3/15 - Ritchie scores in OT, Gulls win 3-2!

200.gif

STATISTICS

HIGHLIGHTS

AHL STANDINGS

Stars of the game:

Nick Ritchie, John Gibson, Andreas Martinsen

Other stuff:

The Gulls are now #1 in the west. They're also tied for the league lead.

Oct 18, 2011
wait, gibson was the 3rd star? i thought there was impending doom because he didn't start on back to back nights?:help:

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
2013-2014 (USHL): 62 points in 60 games
2014-2015 (NCAA): 20 points in 21 games
2014-2015 (AHL): 10 points in 14 games
2015-2016 (AHL): 7 points in 8 games

Those are Brandon Montour's numbers at every level he's played at so far

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
2013-2014 (USHL): 62 points in 60 games
2014-2015 (NCAA): 20 points in 21 games
2014-2015 (AHL): 10 points in 14 games
2015-2016 (AHL): 7 points in 8 games

Those are Brandon Montour's numbers at every level he's played at so far

hes awesome... cant wait to see his total points at end of season

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Went to my first game last night, was a blast. I still have no idea how Gibson made that save.

Montour, Theodore, and Noesen are the more entertaining guys to watch.

My eyes were glued to Montour and Theodore every time they were on the ice. They alone were worth the price of admission, especially Montour. Didn't notice Noesen a whole lot though.

Yeah, can you figure out what's going on with Kerdiles please?

Came out with a lot of energy in the first (he's a great skater) but was playing like a chicken with his head cut off. Was benched for long stretches the rest of the game, and was fighting the puck a lot when he did get on the ice. Looked nervous throughout.

Nurmagomedov

Apr 13, 2015
I'm not sure exactly what "swagger" means in a hockey context, but i'm pretty sure Montour has it.

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
I went to the game on Halloween...honestly such a blast. Friberg with the game winning goal while shorthanded was just icing on the cake. Pretty fun barn to go along with a very physical and talented team.

Will def. go again. :)

Thought Friberg and Ritchie were the most impressive players on the ice for the Gulls. Friberg made a BEAUTIFUL move to get a partial breakaway (again shorthanded, this time on a five on three) and almost scored.

Feels good to have the young guns doing well. Everything about this current situation is very positive.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Came out with a lot of energy in the first (he's a great skater) but was playing like a chicken with his head cut off. Was benched for long stretches the rest of the game, and was fighting the puck a lot when he did get on the ice. Looked nervous throughout.

Thanks. Not very encouraging for a guy the team had such high hopes for.

I'm not sure exactly what "swagger" means in a hockey context, but i'm pretty sure Montour has it.

I think he stole it from Kerdiles. :laugh:

Markus078

Feb 26, 2003
Austria
Visit site
Do you think Theodore and Montour will make a serious push for a NHL spot next year? I mean in a short future we may see Fowler, Lindholm, Despres, Manson, Theo and Montour as our top 6 and that leaves Larsson and Petterson in the pipe.

So many young quality D. And I want to keep them all.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Montour still needs quite a bit of polish before NHL time. Hes rough in his own zone and needs to get better at maximizing his positioning because that's what he will have to rely on to make it due to his smaller stature.

I fully expect Theo to spend time in the NHL next year though.

Oct 18, 2011
Do you think Theodore and Montour will make a serious push for a NHL spot next year? I mean in a short future we may see Fowler, Lindholm, Despres, Manson, Theo and Montour as our top 6 and that leaves Larsson and Petterson in the pipe.

So many young quality D. And I want to keep them all.

i think that depends on what happens with vatanen this summer, i do fully expect theo to be on next years team. my gut is that one of the two will be traded, especially if montour forces the issue with his play

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Montour still needs quite a bit of polish before NHL time. Hes rough in his own zone and needs to get better at maximizing his positioning because that's what he will have to rely on to make it due to his smaller stature.

No, let's just bring Montour up now. Point per game equals instant promotion.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Ritchie showed a lot of patience on that last goal. Glad to see that he just keeps on going. He keeps it up and he'll get a cup of coffee by December.

salsa man

SALSA
Nov 20, 2013
California

I think Theo will get at least a cup of coffee this year.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010

Sounds like Etem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA