2015-16 AHL affiliate - San Diego Gulls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
As HansH already pointed out, the winner of this game takes the #1 spot in AHL's western conference.

Tomorrow night's matchup against the Rampage is a head-to-head battle for the division (and conference) lead. San Antonio comes in 5-0-1 (.917), while the Gulls are 6-1 (.857). The winner will lead the division, whether that win comes in regulation, OT, or shootout.

Some players to watch on San Antonio:

#96 Mikko Rantanen (RW) - 2015 #10 overall, just a ridiculously talented forward. He should already be in the NHL.

#31 Calvin Pickard (G) - Very respectable numbers in 6 starts this year. 1.79 GAA, .946 SV%.

#10 Ben Street (C) - 3 goals and 12 points in 6 games, 5th in AHL scoring.

#28 Andrew Agozzino (LW) - 5 goals and 9 points in 4 games, 18th in AHL scoring.

#3 Chris Bigras (D) - A 1st year pro, had 71 points in 62 games in the OHL last year.

EDIT:

Tim Jackman cleared waivers, so he's also available to play for the Gulls.

EDIT2:

Max Friberg recalled, will miss this game. Faragher was also sent back to Utah, Gibson possibly returning to the lineup?

Last edited:

Norduck

youllneverquackalone
Feb 9, 2015
CA
Can anyone who's attended a game share some parking info with me? Cost to park at arena, non-towing places to park near arena, how far is the walk from Modern Times brewery, important stuff like that?

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
Can anyone who's attended a game share some parking info with me? Cost to park at arena, non-towing places to park near arena, how far is the walk from Modern Times brewery, important stuff like that?

Arena parking is $10. The walk to Modern Times is a couple blocks at the most from the North exit of the arena parking lot (Kurtz to Greenwood). If you come in along Hancock, there are usually non-towing places if you park along the street before it merges with Kurtz, but watch closely for signs.

I usually come in on I-5 South, exiting at Rosecrans blvd. I take a right onto Hancock, which takes me through a commercial/industrial district, then a left (near U-turn) onto Kurtz, and the North entrance to the VVCC parking lot is there.

Hope this helps!

Norduck

youllneverquackalone
Feb 9, 2015
CA
Arena parking is $10. The walk to Modern Times is a couple blocks at the most from the North exit of the arena parking lot (Kurtz to Greenwood). If you come in along Hancock, there are usually non-towing places if you park along the street before it merges with Kurtz, but watch closely for signs.

I usually come in on I-5 South, exiting at Rosecrans blvd. I take a right onto Hancock, which takes me through a commercial/industrial district, then a left (near U-turn) onto Kurtz, and the North entrance to the VVCC parking lot is there.

Hope this helps!
Very helpful, thank you! :yo:

SmokeyDuck

Jul 27, 2010
Anaheim, CA

Selfishly sad for the Gulls, glad for the kid. We'll see how that affects lines for tonight's game.

You would think he would be able to play for the gulls tonight then head up to Anaheim after the game and practice with the ducks in the morning.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
You would think he would be able to play for the gulls tonight then head up to Anaheim after the game and practice with the ducks in the morning.

That schedule is a bit too rough, IMO. Playing the tail end of a back-to-back while making your season debut in the NHL isn't ideal.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Awesome, thanks. Any of these guys have a shot at making it in the show?

All three. Theo is our second best prospect, and montour is the san Diego version of Sami Vatanen.

You will notice all three tonight, probably montour especially.

ChaseANA

Apr 12, 2015
Are there any alternatives to h0ck3ystreams? (they're not allowing any new users).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad