Post-Game Talk: 2015/12/02 19:30 ET - SN | Leafs 1 - Jets 6 Walkover

happyaccident

May 14, 2013
This post reminds me of when people would defend Justin Pogge letting in 5 goals every game. The Leafs just played against a team that wasn't the Edmonton Oilers and those are the results. Fairy tale over for Sparks.

Until our goalies can rush down the ice and snipe a few to the top corner, they're screwed.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Sparks was aaight. He cool. We was real bad tonight, phaneuf was a joke again.. he started off cool and rock, but ended up being a turt poor women.

We need babcock to electrify mothers now. We needs to be better. We need to... Komarov up. He needs to be that first liner like he has and our best player. That's our only hope.

Reimer tomorrow y'alls.

StevieBlunder

Jun 17, 2015
This one isn't on Sparks. It's on our defence who **** the bed. Hard to expect a kid playing in his second NHL game to bail us out when we're under siege as badly as we were in the 3rd. We broke down, we sucked big time, and we got what we deserved.

I'm tempted to also shift some blame towards Matthias. Score on these breakaways my god man!

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
This one isn't on Sparks. It's on our defence who **** the bed. Hard to expect a kid playing in his second NHL game to bail us out when we're under siege as badly as we were in the 3rd. We broke down, we sucked big time, and we got what we deserved.

I'm tempted to also shift some blame towards Matthias. Score on these breakaways my god man!

He is just a placeholder. Maybe in a year or 2, it's somebody like Connor Brown on those breakaways and he scores a couple because he has much more talent.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
How many losses like this so far this season? None before tonight. Why all the tantrums? Did you think the team was a cup contender?

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
How many losses like this so far this season? None before tonight. Why all the tantrums? Did you think the team was a cup contender?

There were a couple. The ones we were shutout. Plenty of games where Bernier was in net were just like this one, but he just didn't give up 6 goals. A couple when Reimer was in net too near the beginning of the year.

But I guess in some of those games they at least out shot their opponents and had some decent possession numbers. Beyond that, absolutely no difference.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto

The average shootout scoring percentage is around 1 out of 3. I think this should be remembered every time we assume a player is supposed to score on a breakaway.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
for starters he is put into every offensive opportunity this team has and usually has a gifted puck handler as his partner :handclap:

The gifted puck handler who has 4 assists this season? The gifted puck handler who has 2 even strength assists compared to Phaneuf's 8?

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
for starters he is put into every offensive opportunity this team has and usually has a gifted puck handler as his partner :handclap:

32.1% O-zone faceoffs, 36.4% D-zone faceoffs (highest % of anyone on the team). So you'd be flat out wrong.

And if it was only his gifted puck handler partner driving the offense, then surely than gifted puck handler partner would have more assists? I like Gardiner, but he doesn't get credit for everything Dion does.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
32.1% O-zone faceoffs, 36.4% D-zone faceoffs (highest % of anyone on the team). So you'd be flat out wrong.

And if it was only his gifted puck handler partner driving the offense, then surely than gifted puck handler partner would have more assists? I like Gardiner, but he doesn't get credit for everything Dion does.

Yes, don't get me wrong in my defense of Phaneuf, I think Gardiner with Phaneuf has been a good match that has definitely benefited both players most nights.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
The average shootout scoring percentage is around 1 out of 3. I think this should be remembered every time we assume a player is supposed to score on a breakaway.

Yup & in a shoot out, you don't have players chasing you & you don't spend the entire break away trying to flatten a bouncing puck.

Someone called the breakaway the turning point. It was 13 mins & change into the game, the score was 1-1. If you want a turning point in the game, Phaneuf giveaway & then skating to whothehellknowswherehewasskatingto, that allowed the 4th goal break.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
On Spaling's disallowed goal ...

The NHL missed an important point.
The goalie *HOLDING ONTO* Winnik's stick.

s3djs8.jpg

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Toronto Maple Leafs head coach Mike Babcock addresses the media following Toronto's 6-1 loss to Winnipeg on Wednesday night.

[yT]ZTR1H424huQ[/yT]

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Leafs didn't deserve to win anyway, but that call was just awful.

Sparks was solid ... Team gave up on him after that disallowed goal so I'll cut him some slack, but he gave them a chance for awhile .. The second and third goals weren't the best. You can tell he's still a bit raw and needs some work on his positioning .. Not to mention adjust to the speed of the NHL a little more.

I like his overall size and net presence though.

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
The.Jets have the Leafs' number, no matter who is in net. It's just sad that the Leafs were starting to.look like Pre Babcock Leafs at some points, not playing defense and puck possession time was low.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
Leafs didn't deserve to win anyway, but that call was just awful.

Sparks was solid ... Team gave up on him after that disallowed goal so I'll cut him some slack, but he gave them a chance for awhile .. The second and third goals weren't the best. You can tell he's still a bit raw and needs some work on his positioning .. Not to mention adjust to the speed of the NHL a little more.

I like his overall size and net presence though.

Agree with you. Held them in as long as he could. He's just not "there" yet. But that doesn't surprise me. I as well love his size and demeanor. Very athletic. Good first push and recovery. His attitude is refreshing as well. Loved watching him play when the Storm came to town so it's great to see him do well.

The team has played way above their heads lately and this is something that should be expected.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00