Post-Game Talk: 2015/12/02 19:30 ET - SN | Leafs 1 - Jets 6 Walkover

champs*

any post game link? like to hear what babs has to say about this one...

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Not that anyone cares what I think but I will say it anyways.

I think it's easy for coach/management to preach accountability (I've heard those words thrown around the past decade from various coaches/management), it's easy to show accountability to 3rd/4th liners or kids on ELC...it takes REAL balls to show accountability to the highest paid players, your core players that you expect to be leading.

I'll find out after this game, if Babcock is serious about accountability or if that applies to only to fringe players. I'll leave it at that, cause I don't give a **** anymore about trying to pump some of these players values, I care about having a culture of work ethic/compete MORE!

So you want Dion sitting tomorrow I gather.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
This game got away from then in the 2nd and 3rd.

Game turned when Matthias missed the breakaway shorty. Could have turned the game around

Bad penalties and a few missed assignments on the backcheck cost them 2 goals

BS waived off goal could have changed the game or kept it closer

As a few have said this is the first stinker that I can remember. Jus one of those bad games.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Didn't really need Sparks to say it, you could tell he lost his composure after a couple goals that led to a couple soft ones. Team didn't really help him when he needed them but hey these games happen.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005

Game turned when Matthias missed the breakaway shorty. Could have turned the game around

Bad penalties and a few missed assignments on the back her cost them 2 goals

As a few have said this is the first stinker that I can remember. Jus one of those bad games.
Wasn't the missed breakaway late-first period?

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

Bad penalties and a few missed assignments on the back her cost them 2 goals

Maybe Matthias should just dump the puck in next time he is on a breakaway. Would be just as effective :laugh:

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Pain, it was foretold. The Leafs aren't going to be surprising anyone with their style of play anymore. We are getting to the point where good teams start playing and the pretenders start to fall off. We knew this team was not that good not sure why people seem almost surprised.

The 40 game mark is usually where the pretenders will start to be separated.
The good teams start bringing it every night while the rest fall off.
Eventually our lack of top line talent will catch up.

champs*

pressure dion and he coughs the puck up and takes dumb penalties ... teams know this :nod::nod:

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
my thoughts on the 6 goals

1st goal: grabner misses the open guy streaking in, basically a quasi breakaway goal
2nd goal: scramble play on the PP, shot rings off the post and goes to the open man who taps it in
3rd goal: rebound goal, horrible defensive coverage, wpg tucks it with 3 leafs staring at him
4th goal: bar down snipe, on whats basically is few feet from the net, you can call it a breakaway or two on one if you want
5th goal: good passing play by wpg, theyre pp just expires as they score
6th goal: another quasi breakaway wpg player drives hard to the net and no one stops him

im not saying all 6 goals were on the D/F but i think 4 of them were
sparks could have stopped 2 maybe 3 if your going to be picky but the Defense and Forwards were horrid tonight

champs*

dion is a east west passer and needs a skilled d-man as his partner .... :nod::nod:

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Glass half empty:

Leafs are currently
5th. worst team in goal differential.
4th. worst offensive team.
6th. worst defensive team.

Glass half full:

Leafs are currently
26th. best team in goal differential.
27th. best offensive team.
25th. best defensive team.

Now that's consistency.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Leafs-bench-Dec-2-2015-300x200.jpg

Leafs post-game audio: Coach Babcock, Michael Grabner, Nick Spaling and Garret Sparks.

To listen click here.

TML1

Oct 18, 2014
Not that anyone cares what I think but I will say it anyways.

I think it's easy for coach/management to preach accountability (I've heard those words thrown around the past decade from various coaches/management), it's easy to show accountability to 3rd/4th liners or kids on ELC...it takes REAL balls to show accountability to the highest paid players, your core players that you expect to be leading.

I'll find out after this game, if Babcock is serious about accountability or if that applies only to fringe players. I'll leave it at that, cause I don't give a **** anymore about trying to pump some of these players values, I care about having a culture of work ethic/compete MORE!

He did it with Bernier why stop there right?

Woll Smoth

Mar 17, 2010
Mississauga
my thoughts on the 6 goals

1st goal: grabner misses the open guy streaking in, basically a quasi breakaway goal
2nd goal: scramble play on the PP, shot rings off the post and goes to the open man who taps it in
3rd goal: rebound goal, horrible defensive coverage, wpg tucks it with 3 leafs staring at him
4th goal: bar down snipe, on whats basically is few feet from the net, you can call it a breakaway or two on one if you want
5th goal: good passing play by wpg, theyre pp just expires as they score
6th goal: another quasi breakaway wpg player drives hard to the net and no one stops him

im not saying all 6 goals were on the D/F but i think 4 of them were
sparks could have stopped 2 maybe 3 if your going to be picky but the Defense and Forwards were horrid tonight

This post reminds me of when people would defend Justin Pogge letting in 5 goals every game. The Leafs just played against a team that wasn't the Edmonton Oilers and those are the results. Fairy tale over for Sparks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad