WJC: 2015 — Canada Roster Talk (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karlsson2Turris*

BTW.

Ritchie has 69 PIM's in just 25 games this year. Just one fight. So 64 PIM's in 25 games. Thats 32 penalties. Over 1 penalty a game.

Thats better than his PPG

Anaheim was dumb to take him 10th OA. They gave away a top line winger for a third lner, a guy who's injured all the time, and for a guy that has more minor penalties than points.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Paul was on the bubble with guys like Dickinson, Gauthier and Crouse. He looked better than I expected today though.

Our 3rd line last year was Petan-Laughton-Hudon? It looks better this year.

GuillaumeLetsundress*

Lazar
Reinhart
Morrisey

for me easily, Lazar will get the C, NHL experience, great kid, great all around player easy decision tbh

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
Lmao Canada cuts their best goalscorer in Dal Colle. Just pathetic.

How did Crouse even get invited to Team Canada? Most overrated player out there and it's beyond frustrating. Kid gets 16 points in 24 games and gets invited to team Canada because he's 6'3". Get out of here. Points aren't everything but he's 17 years old and he's not even close to an exceptional talent which you normally have to be to even get an invite. Marner and Strome for example are 10x the player Crouse is but they don't even get invited.

I don't get this team. Never do. But it's no surprise how poorly we have been doing lately.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
One exhibition game, that's all it took, to prove World Junior Hockey is a superior product then the robotic boredom that is the NHL regular season.

Thank god we can actually watch decent Hockey now that Christmas is here.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Lmao Canada cuts their best goalscorer in Dal Colle. Just pathetic.

How did Crouse even get invited to Team Canada? Most overrated player out there and it's beyond frustrating. Kid gets 16 points in 24 games and gets invited to team Canada because he's 6'3". Get out of here. Points aren't everything but he's 17 years old and he's not even close to an exceptional talent which you normally have to be to even get an invite. Marner and Strome for example are 10x the player Crouse is but they don't even get invited.

I don't get this team. Never do. But it's no surprise how poorly we have been doing lately.

Maybe you don't get this team because you don't get how these kind of teams are built. You don't just throw a bunch of skill out there on 4 lines. You need role players.. guys like Marner and Strome would be ineffective on a 4th line.

First Blood

The Greiss Is Right!
Feb 17, 2014
Bradenton, FL
I am upset Dal Colle got cut... But I am also a huge Isles fans, so yeah... Would of liked to see him on the big stage for the tournament but meh hopefully whoever is running team Canada juniors this year is confident with what they are doing

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
Maybe you don't get this team because you don't get how these kind of teams are built. You don't just throw a bunch of skill out there on 4 lines. You need role players.. guys like Marner and Strome would be ineffective on a 4th line.

Three scoring lines, one shutdown line. There are spots for exceptional talents like Marner and Strome, atleast an invite so they get an opportunity to compete for those spots. Dal Colle who would have been the best goalscorer on that team should have made that team.

Canada is a country that can out-skill any other team in the tournament yet they insist on lowering themselves to the competition by taking some of these guys they end up taking every year.

JA

Just in case some readers visited this thread looking for an update on the roster decisions:

http://www.tsn.ca/canada-cuts-dickinson-dal-colle-chartier-fleury-to-reach-roster-limit-1.164381
Canada cuts Dickinson, Dal Colle, Chartier, Fleury to reach roster limit
TSN.ca Staff
1h ago

The Canadian national junior team made its final cuts on Friday night following a 2-1 pre-tournament overtime loss to Russia at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto.

Head coach Benoit Groulx and his staff chose to release forwards Jason Dickinson of the Guelph Storm, Michael Dal Colle of the Oshawa Generals, and Rourke Chartier of the Kelowna Rockets, along with defenceman Haydn Fleury of the Red Deer Rebels.

The moves bring the roster down to 22 players, the limit that had to be reached by Christmas Day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
I probably disagree with all of TC's decisions so far.

Firmly believe USA is stronger on paper this WJC.

Not sure how it's possible to cut a guy with as much offense as MDC.

Not a very interesting line-up to me. Looking forward to seeing Fabbri, Lazar, Morrissey and Bowey play though.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
As an Islanders fan living in Canada, Go Sweden, USA, Finland and Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad