WJC: 2015 — Canada Roster Talk (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
What kind of game does Hicketts play, how's his skating? Never seen him play but have seen pretty much all the other defenceman.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
Ho-Sang is too much of a one dimensional player? What's the one dimension? If it's skating really fast and scoring lots of goals I'm ok with that. Why doesn't hockey Canada want a guy that can put up points and score?

Because there is more to a team game than individual accomplishments.

GuillaumeLetsundress*

Ho-Sang is too much of a one dimensional player? What's the one dimension? If it's skating really fast and scoring lots of goals I'm ok with that. Why doesn't hockey Canada want a guy that can put up points and score?

:dunno: Maybe Canadas sick of gold

risk/reward with him, he is not lighting the world on fire in the ohl so it made the choice easier, way she goes

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005

:dunno: Maybe Canadas sick of gold

Ho-sang is currently tied for 48th in scoring in the OHL. Not the CHL. The OHL. So theres that. The "lots of goals" he's scored is 4. Which ties him for 159th in the OHL. Not the CHL. The OHL So theres that.

As for Canada being sick of winning gold...its been 5 years.

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010
Would like to see a Virtanen-Anyone-Ritchie line. Put someone with high intelligence in the middle(Reinhart?) and just let Virtanen and Ritchie make an absolute mess of the ice with physicality.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Virtanen scored 2 last night , here is his beauty.

He has 6 goals in his last 9 games now. Heating up

http://youtu.be/ivn2LDJn4OM

he should have had 2 more as well including a one timer that just missed top cheese. He was on fire last night best game hes played in a bit. excited to see him play in the wjc.

side note Travis Sanhiem was also awesome yesterday, i hope he makes it on team canada as well his growth has been tremendous.

mouse 29

Apr 11, 2013
Barrie
Would like to see a Virtanen-Anyone-Ritchie line. Put someone with high intelligence in the middle(Reinhart?) and just let Virtanen and Ritchie make an absolute mess of the ice with physicality.

I'm OK with Ritchie as long as he leaves the attitude at the door. With all the talk about Ho-Sang maybe somebody should tell Ritchie to have a look in the mirror. Attitude and a sense of entitlement doesn't equate well at this level.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
I'm OK with Ritchie as long as he leaves the attitude at the door. With all the talk about Ho-Sang maybe somebody should tell Ritchie to have a look in the mirror. Attitude and a sense of entitlement doesn't equate well at this level.

I think most people would agree that Ritchie's problem is less about attitude and more about discipline. He needs to focus on effort and consistency (both of which haven't been noticeable issues in past international games). For what it's worth, lately he has been playing *less* recklessly.

euro35

Oct 31, 2009
Honest question from a Bolts fan doing stats watching:

What does Petan has over Point for the third line center? I love Point as a Lightning prospect and have high hopes for him, but I only see his highlights. So I would really appreciate if somebody could do a Petan vs. Point read-up for me, especially considering they are both fighting for the same spot.

It doesn't seem Ferraro has seen much of Point The difference between the two is Point plays on a Poor team in Moosejaw and Petan on a high powered Team in Portland. To say Point doesn't have the skill of 9 guys on that roster is funny at best. Point is one of the most dynamic skilled players in the Whl period plays with average players and makes guys around him better. Petan does the same things
but on a higher profile team playing with a much better cast.

Boreal01

Nov 3, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Nick Ritchie - Connor McDavid - Jake Virtanen
Michael Dal Colle - Sam Reinhart - Nick Baptiste
Max Domi - Nicolas Petan - Robby Fabbri
Rémi Elie - Frédérik Gauthier - Rourke Chartier
Jason Dickinson

Darnell Nurse - Josh Morrissey
Samuel Morin - Madison Bowey
Chris Bigras - Shea Theodore
Travis Sanheim

Zach Fucale
Eric Comrie

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
This team could use some Sam Bennett...

What would this team look like if Canada could actually send all the players it had that were eligible to this tournament, regardless of their injury status or NHL team?

Last edited:

sickest flow bro

Jun 3, 2008
Halifax
This team could use some Sam Bennett...

What would this team look like if Canada could actually send all the players it had that were eligible to this tournament, regardless of their injury status or NHL team?

Drouin-Mackinnon-Duclair
Lazar-McDavid-Reinhart
Dal Colle-Horvat-Domi
Bennett-Petan-Virtanen
Fabbri

Nurse-Ekblad
Morrissey-Bowey
Heatherington-Sanheim
Morin

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Drouin-Mackinnon-Duclair
Lazar-McDavid-Reinhart
Dal Colle-Horvat-Domi
Bennett-Petan-Virtanen
Fabbri

Nurse-Ekblad
Morrissey-Bowey
Heatherington-Sanheim
Morin

I know people from other countries always go nuts when we do this, but still, that is a pretty sick roster!

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
It doesn't seem Ferraro has seen much of Point The difference between the two is Point plays on a Poor team in Moosejaw and Petan on a high powered Team in Portland. To say Point doesn't have the skill of 9 guys on that roster is funny at best. Point is one of the most dynamic skilled players in the Whl period plays with average players and makes guys around him better. Petan does the same things
but on a higher profile team playing with a much better cast.
Well I'd like to see what someone else has to say about it, Petan is a sick hockey player and can make all sort of his plays with his hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad