OT: 2014 Winter Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
So when are you Canadians going to demand Babcock's head on a platter? Duchene with two useless Ducks when neither Sid nor Toews can get offense going with their mis-matched linemates. :shakehead

If y'all are smart Patrick Roy will coach your 2018 team, led by Duchene and MacKinnon.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
So when are you Canadians going to demand Babcock's head on a platter? Duchene with two useless Ducks when neither Sid nor Toews can get offense going with their mis-matched linemates. :shakehead

If y'all are smart Patrick Roy will coach your 2018 team, led by Duchene and MacKinnon.

None of the lines look all that great. They have spurts of offense, but it doesn't seem like any of them really have more than one or two really good shifts a game.

Nobody seems to be supporting each other very well in the offensive zone, and at least against Finland they didn't employ the middle of the ice at all in transition. The entry from the wing wasn't really working that well, yet they stuck with it all game, and only had one regulation goal to show for it.

Avalanche

Mar 18, 2011
Cornwall
geez, Duchene is getting blasted on Twitter for this:

Matt Duchene on the big ice: "This is why the NHL should never go to a big ice, it'll take the scoring out of the game."

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
geez, Duchene is getting blasted on Twitter for this:

Matt Duchene on the big ice: "This is why the NHL should never go to a big ice, it'll take the scoring out of the game."

He's right, people have a pretty wrong perception of how it's to play on the big ice, until they try it out.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
So many people are freaking out. Canada's offense isn't producing but they aren't playing that poorly either, they've had plenty of scoring chances.

Babcock says more lineup changes next game. Duchene has yet to get on the scoresheet but I think he has played well. Looks like I'm in the minority but I'd like to see him stay with Getzlaf and Perry. If not, then hopefully he gets put on Crosby's wing.

Now it's time to watch the Varly show.

Averick*

I don't know if he wants to do it but Quenneville is a better choice than Babcock.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
He's right, people have a pretty wrong perception of how it's to play on the big ice, until they try it out.

It does seem like it lends itself more to sit back and trap. If the forwards are too aggressive, they put themselves way out of position.

That said, we've seen dominating offensive performances for teams before int he Olympics. Canada just always seems to struggle with chemistry until he last second for some reason. Sometimes it takes too long and they end up being eliminated early.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Any word if they are for sure going to keep riding Varly?

I thought big ice would lead to more scoring too but look at the scores in games between the decent teams, all low.

Canada played well, they controlled the play the entire game but Finland did well taking away most of the decent scoring chances.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The reffing has been much better overall in this Olympics than previous years, but Benn definitely deserved a crosscheck on Ruutu. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets suspend because that was a really stupid play.

Bouw and Tavares are not very good players on the big ice.

And Carter has to be the most overrated player in this Olympics by a big margin. Actually Carter could be one of the most overrated players in the world.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I'm getting real tired of this lesser teams standing at the blueline and in front of their net playing not to lose crap. Terrible, boring hockey.

You know it is to a degree. BUT if Canada and Russia can't score, it's their fault than what style injury-ridden Finland or EBEL Slovakia have to play.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
What do you guys mean Canads vs USA is a lock?

They said the US cant play Canada or Russia until the gold medal game during OT today.

billybobjoe2112

Feb 2, 2010
Prince George B.C.
What do you guys mean Canads vs USA is a lock?

They said the US cant play Canada or Russia until the gold medal game during OT today.

This is what the rest of the tourney looks like.

1013739_500648873378021_1854302342_n.jpg

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
The reffing has been much better overall in this Olympics than previous years, but Benn definitely deserved a crosscheck on Ruutu. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets suspend because that was a really stupid play.

Bouw and Tavares are not very good players on the big ice.

And Carter has to be the most overrated player in this Olympics by a big margin. Actually Carter could be one of the most overrated players in the world.

Agreed. It's actually been better than in the NHL this year, and that's usually not the case. Benn easily deserved a minor though, perhaps a major depending on their criteria.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad