OT: 2014 Winter Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Refs have put their whistles away. Canada has gotten away with a couple.

Now Canada must win in ot/so... USA vs Canada and Russia vs Finland:D

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Canada got away with some at the end, Finland with some earlier on in the game though.

Very pleased with the performance of Finland. They know they are not as good, so they play safe and to their strengths very well.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Rask let in two softies tonight. Wouldn't be opposed to let Lehtonen play through this now.

Rask had some great saves in between, but I feel more comfortable myself with Kari in the net.

And tell me how there can be a Canadian referee in a game where Canada plays?
Wondered the same in Nagano in the Bronze medal game.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I've been preaching doughty as the best dman in the world. He's proving it these Olympics.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Canada had nothing offensively... no wonder a defender had to score. Finland play a tight checking game but Canada haven't been impressive offensively. An Art Ross winner might help that but you know that's too crazy to try.

I don't think Duchene touched the ice in the OT.

I get what I wanted :nod:

Crosby reminds me of Messi for Argentina pre Sabella. Good but not great. Tho the short shifts don't let him get into rhythm, so many mistakes by Babcock.

AVSfan2daMAX

Nov 24, 2006
At risk of sounding like an Oilers fan, but holy crap Getzlaf and Perry are not using Duchene at all. It's clear that Team Canada wants all the passes up the boards, so nobody even looks at Duchene when he's winding up, but there were several times Getlaf could have made a quick pass to Duchene and instead just holds on to the puck for an eternity.

I'm also not a fan of Babcocks coaching at all.

Jeff Carter had a really strong game again. Duncan Keith was pretty bad, regardless what the Canadian media might say.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Disappointing game by Canada. Passes and shots where off. Too much sticking handling to get in the zone when the Finns had 5 guys at the blueline. Get it in, make the defense chase and smash their face in the board!:yo:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Frustrating watching Dutchy play with slow puck possession linemates. I guess i'm used to seeing a team full of players who always look for Duchene and give him the puck to enter the zone with speed. Getzlaf and Perry only want to find each other or toe drag. Both terrific hockey players but a terrible fit for Dutchy.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Thought Duchene was strong on the boards, won quite a few battles there. But didn't really get to do what he does best. Why they have him park in front of the net is beyond me.

So the major seeds are as follows:

1. Sweden
2. USA
3. Canada
4. Finland
5. Russia

Russia has to play that extra game but assuming they can beat Norway they are looking to face Finland. USA Canada match is a lock unless one of them gets upset. Sweden won't face either until the medal round.

zingbo2133

Jun 11, 2009
London, Ontario
Don't like how they are using dutchy either. Pointless having him infront of the net. Put Perry there for garbage goals. It would also help if getz and Perry knew they had another line mate to pass to instead of skating into the defenseman and just losing the puck

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
Depw4vv.png

Looks good, can't wait for Tuesday/Wednesday.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Watching Duchene with Getzlaf and Perry is sickening. Getzlaf seems to be under the impression that Perry is the only other guy on the ice at all times and hangs on to the puck far too long. All Perry and Getzlaf want to do is cycle the puck to each other along the boards while they have Duchene stand in front of the net(which is utterly stupid). Honestly, if they don't know how to use Duchene and they just want to play a boring perimeter up the boards style then Duchene shouldn't be playing. He's wasted in that role. Give him the puck and let him use his speed. That's how he's successful in the NHL.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Like everyone else, it's sure annoying as an Avs fan watching how Duchene's been handled. Every shift you see him go into high gear with some open ice, and the D and Getzlaf just refuse to hit him in stride. They just kept playing this slow paced game, and they wonder why they only had one goal.

Then in OT they never give a shift to the fastest guy on the team in a 4 on 4 situation. They go with Crosby-Bergeron, Toews-Sharp, Getzlaf-Benn, and then Tavares-Carter.

Getzlaf was just a lazy turnover machine most of the game, and I'm not sure why Benn is at LW with Crosby. He's done nothing. They basically turned what should be their best line with Crosby into a defensive line, and that's the way it played. They stuck with all four lines the whole game despite none of them really working that well. Lucky for them, Doughty is red hot with the puck.

If they have no plans to utilize Duchene's speed game, what they hell is he on the team for? They seem to want him to play a defensive game and be a front net presence. Why the hell would they want a guy like Duchene to do that?

Averick*

This is all so political. This team was put together by pairs of NHL teams. This is more about that for Canada than it is the 3rd forward that happens to be out there.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
I wish they had built an all-star roster with no intent of playing them in duos like Getzlaf-Perry and Crosby-Kunitz.

Most of these canadian stars are big and good at defense anyway. Duchene shouldn't play with ryan and corey at this point. They're awful as a line.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I'm getting real tired of this lesser teams standing at the blueline and in front of their net playing not to lose crap. Terrible, boring hockey.

What do you expect them to do, attack when they don't have the weapons to do so?

funny, to see you guys hating Duchene with Getz/Perry the Canadian fans seem to love that line. I personally think it's good. I'm glad Duchene hasn't been getting to carry the puck into the Ozone a lot, playing different type of game is better for him in the long run.

Looks good, can't wait for Tuesday/Wednesday.

The schedule on those days will be tights for us, considering CL is at 2:45.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I don't really mind Getzlaf, Perry, and Duchene but Getzlaf was awful today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad