OT: 2014 Winter Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
sochi-winter-olympics-2014-main-image.jpg

All things Sochi...

Personally, I am excited to see speedskating, luge, Bode Miller, curling, and the biathlon!

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Hockey for me. Every seems to be on so early that it'll be hard to random events. My gf really wants to watch figure skating too. Maybe I'll catch the speed skating or skiing or something if its on.

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
Really excited about hockey (obviously) and ski jumping (grew up cheering for Adam Małysz and learned to love it, really popular in Poland). I'll probably also watch a couple biathlon contests as well but that will be it, I guess. Never been into skiing or ice skating or snowboarding of any kind, same for curling.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Love that picture, good luck boys!

I'm going to watch hockey for sure and maybe more of the events earlier in the day. I hate how NBC chops everything up in the prime time broadcast, which is tape delayed anyway.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
I pretty much only watch hockey in the Winter Games and only basketball in the Summer games.

Maaaaaybe I'll catch some speed skating.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Will probably watch some ski jumping, biathlon and freestyle skiing, you know when hockey isn't on.
Maybe some curling as well.

I have the problem though that right in the middle of the olympics I'm moving to Poland which probably will cause me to miss some things I would've liked to see.

MvpKinnon

Jul 23, 2011
Helsinki, Finland
Really excited about hockey (obviously) and ski jumping (grew up cheering for Adam Małysz and learned to love it, really popular in Poland). I'll probably also watch a couple biathlon contests as well but that will be it, I guess. Never been into skiing or ice skating or snowboarding of any kind, same for curling.

Adam Malysz was a beast. He beat our guys so many times

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
Adam Malysz was a beast. He beat our guys so many times

He really was. Ahonen wasn't too bad either, though ;-)! It's a shame Finland doesn't have any elite jumpers right now!

Hoping Stoch can grab a (couple) medal(s) for Poland, he should have a shot - especially on the small hill. Unfortunately the rest of the team isn't in as good of a shape as I was hoping. At the beginning of the season I thought they might be able to get a medal in the team competition but it doesn't seem so.

Anybody else into ski jumping?

Also love the picture of our olympians!

MvpKinnon

Jul 23, 2011
Helsinki, Finland
He really was. Ahonen wasn't too bad either, though ;-)! It's a shame Finland doesn't have any elite jumpers right now!

Hoping Stoch can grab a (couple) medal(s) for Poland, he should have a shot - especially on the small hill. Unfortunately the rest of the team isn't in as good of a shape as I was hoping. At the beginning of the season I thought they might be able to get a medal in the team competition but it doesn't seem so.

Yeah, it's sad :( Good luck, Poland!

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Hockey is the only event I will probably watch.

It's better than the summer, that's for sure.

I don't know how much I will watch considering I got school during majority of the events, I heard that NBC will show it in type delay. If that is the case I think I will have some time to get to watch some skiing, snowboarding, and bobsledding (freakin awesome event).

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

Who should I watch our for from other countries? I want to learn about who your star Olympians are like this post above :)

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
Hockey, biathlon, ski jumping. But I like almost every sport so I can't wait for the Olympics to start.

El_Loco_Avs

Jul 6, 2003
The Netherlands
*sigh* Apparantly Sochi used to be the capital city of a people that were arguably underwent genocide in the 1860s. Circassia.

Yay humanity. Let's all go skiiing on top of mass graves!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad