OT: 2014 Winter Olympics Sochi: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Selänne was the most important catalyst in the Finnish team and completely deserved the MVP honors.

You're polish now?:D

If I were a nice guy I'd let Henchy use that pic of Duchene but I'm not.

You're avy awaits you. Buddy.

il5JLjdDzgjQ.jpg

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Juha Hiitelä ‏@jhiitela 11 min
Head of Finnish Antidoping agency says that 190mg is so huge dose, that it can’t come from just allergy medicine.

Juha Hiitelä ‏@jhiitela 11 min
He also says that limit of 150 is set as high to ensure that people can use allergy medicines for their real purposes.

hawk30

Oct 5, 2009
Rochester, NY
190mg is less than 2 12 hour Zyrtec D's worth of pseudophedrine, which is a completely ridiculous standard to impose. Thousands of people take that on a daily basis. Nor is pseudophedrine prohibited in the NHL.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
190mg is less than 2 12 hour Zyrtec D's worth of pseudophedrine, which is a completely ridiculous standard to impose. Thousands of people take that on a daily basis. Nor is pseudophedrine prohibited in the NHL.

I get it, it's pretty ridiculous but it's not like they're hiding anything on the banned list. The rules are in place and this isn't the NHL, Backstrom only has himself to blame for taking it.

It was a good Olympics and Sweden did a hell of a job, especially with all of the injuries they had. Between this and the complaining about the Canadian refs before the games, they're just making themselves look bad on the way out.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
You should give him a soccer avatar D2M.

Thought about but I think this pic would sting more.

I get it, it's pretty ridiculous but it's not like they're hiding anything on the banned list. The rules are in place and this isn't the NHL, Backstrom only has himself to blame for taking it.

It was a good Olympics and Sweden did a hell of a job, especially with all of the injuries they had. Between this and the complaining about the Canadian refs before the games, they're just making themselves look bad on the way out.

The guy in your avatar complained aswell. IMO they have a legitimate beef.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I know he did but he's Peter ****ing Forsberg, he can do/say whatever he wants. :D

Do you think the refs screwed Sweden in anyway today?

The first part is true...

Nope, Sweden would have lost even if Forsberg was reffing. Canada just shut it down like nobodies business. Still tho they should've not been allowed to ref that game.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
So....Sakic for 2018? Or should TC go with someone that knows a thing or two about winning in Kevin Lowe :sarcasm:

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I just have one thing to say now that the Olympic hockey is over.

I'm just glad all the Avs players going back home in one piece without any injuries.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
How the hell did Selanne end up with MVP? :laugh:

He didn't lead in goals or points, and his team finished third. Karlsson had the same amount of goals, and had two more points and finished 2nd in the tournament, and the goalie for the gold medal team pitched two shutouts in a row in the two biggest games and lead all goaltenders with a 0.59 GAA and .972 save %

What a sham, haha.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto

He didn't lead in goals or points, and his team finished third. Karlsson had the same amount of goals, and had two more points and finished 2nd in the tournament, and the goalie for the gold medal team pitched two shutouts in a row in the two biggest games.

Look at the team Selanne was playing. He was certainly one of the most important players for Finland and I think Finland challenging Sweden and knocking out Russia with their team is huge success. They played great tournament and made a big surprise challenging all the better teams. Great performance from them.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Whats the reasoning behind the pic on the Avs website of Canada?

I has Toews, Tavares, Crosby, and Duchene. Do Toews and Tavares do the summer training thing with Crosby as well?

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
It's just a picture with Duchene in it. If you were cynical you could say they picked it to go "look at our player with these other great players!"

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

I has Toews, Tavares, Crosby, and Duchene. Do Toews and Tavares do the summer training thing with Crosby as well?

Same agent. Add MacKinnon, EJ and Tabot to that list too.

They have larger get togethers over a week or so to train and I know Tavares has attended those, not sure about Toews. Then a small group that stays together for weeks at a time was just MacKinnon, Crosby, Duchene and Gagne at various points.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Tavares has trained with them but I don't think Toews does. All four of them have the same agent and are probably friends so they took a picture together. Duchene also posed for pictures with Toews and Crosby separately. Like others have said, it's just a picture with Duchene in it so they threw it up there.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
really that hard to figure out?

hilarious

Tavares has trained with them but I don't think Toews does. All four of them have the same agent and are probably friends so they took a picture together. Duchene also posed for pictures with Toews and Crosby separately. Like others have said, it's just a picture with Duchene in it so they threw it up there.

I mean, of course I know WHY they put it up.

I was just wondering because it was a picture of just the 4 of them posing. Didn't know if there was anything behind it or not.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma

He didn't lead in goals or points, and his team finished third. Karlsson had the same amount of goals, and had two more points and finished 2nd in the tournament, and the goalie for the gold medal team pitched two shutouts in a row in the two biggest games and lead all goaltenders with a 0.59 GAA and .972 save %

What a sham, haha.
Is the MvP award for the most valuable player in the tournament or most valuable player for a specific team?

In the 1st one Selänne is debatable, in the 2nd one he's the hands down winner.

jaems

Apr 16, 2006
Just watched the replay of the game.

I thought Dutchy was pretty strong for the small minutes he played. Forced turnovers, strong forechecking, kept possession in the opponent zone, helped out on defensive zone coverage, drew a penalty... kind of a shame that the Nash/Duchene/St. Louis line didn't really form till the final game because they had a couple strong chances to score. All you expect from your fourth line is not to make defensive mistakes, prevent the other team from generating offense, and chip in any way you can.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Overall was very impressed with Duchene. He repped the Avs a d Canada just fine. A little dissapointed with Lando. People blaming Varly for the Finn game is quite ridiculous imo. I hope Varly doesnt go emo on us when he gets back

ORLY

Oct 31, 2011
Duchene in 2018 if nhl players go? I could see him playing a large role, or being left off completely for players like macK and mcdavid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad