be193bc0-9741-11e3-b22c-f79caa626d1b_BRACKEsdfdsSCsadsHI.jpg

Whateva​

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
US vs. Finland for the Gold. :nod:
I want Suisse versus Slovenia, but I will settle for Suisse versus Russia. On their medal run they will have the toughest test against Latvia, shutout Canada, and blowout that defensive core from the USA. Don't think they'll win gold though.

And why the hell does Kessel have to lead the tournament in points? He is probably the MOST uninteresting hockey player in the world.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
I think it will be Russia vs Canada or USA. Gut feeling USA wins that one, then it's a USA-Russia rematch. I know there has to be one big upset, hasn't happened yet.

Slovenia-Slovakia?

And if anyone here is a fan of the big ice and wants it in the NHL, Duchene would want to have a word for you. Sounds like he doesn't want it anywhere near the NHL. Might even be developing a Roy-like attitude towards international play.

member 116861

I want Suisse versus Slovenia, but I will settle for Suisse versus Russia. On their medal run they will have the toughest test against Latvia, shutout Canada, and blowout that defensive core from the USA. Don't think they'll win gold though.

And why the hell does Kessel have to lead the tournament in points? He is probably the MOST uninteresting hockey player in the world.

Because he is ****ing awesome.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
No more shootouts right? It's sudden death OT from now on?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Duchene will go anywhere and everywhere Hockey Canada asks him to go until the day he retires.

I'm thinking Sweden might be the upset but that's the popular thinking anyway. They are the only team that won 3x in regulation even if it wasn't pretty.

Slovenia or Suisse might have an upset in them, the others just are not that good. I guess Czech could get it together too.

US-Canada set up for spot in the gold medal game is great, still very high stakes.

I think there are still shootouts but it's after like 20 minutes of OT.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
No more shootouts right? It's sudden death OT from now on?

There will be a shootout in the Gold Medal game if it is necessary IIRC.
But the length of OT should increase.
I am not quite sure to how long, though.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Thanks guys, it would suck if the gold medal game gets decided by a shootout.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah, to my knowledge it's always been the case. I mean in a 2 week tournament do you really want long over times? It wouldn't be good for the players or anyone else. The shootout is necessary in international play but it shouldn't be allowed in the NHL.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
When Duchene is involved in the cycle, he gets the puck. When he stands in front of the net or in the slot waiting for the pass, he doesn't get the puck. I'd like to see him get the puck more in the neutral zone so he can use his speed but I don't have a big issue with how he's being used.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Seems to me they're letting a LOT more obstruction go than in previous Olympics. Not sure why. In the past I've heard refs say the amount of stickwork was so insane they couldn't possibly call it all, but actual clutching and grabbing...hmmm.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Duchene is one of those players that is really hard to find players he can have chemistry with.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Are you guys aware that Tim Peel is at the Olympics? I can't wait to see which QF game he draws.

He's so bad that I see multiple people on twitter giving a Tim Peel warning whenever he's announced as a ref for one of the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad