GDT: 2014 Winter Olympics Part SEIS, POTENTIAL SPOILERS ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Once again Kessel is shown that having the most points means JACK $$$HIT in this game, he nor his fans will never learn. Canada put on a hockey clinic right there, 60 minutes of solid effort, if not for Quick it would have been sooooo bad.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Sweden has a good chance provided they get solid goaltending. USA couldn't pass for ****. Sweden will do better.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
The Canadians played a layered defense ( Claude)

The US played stretch passes and shoot from 40feet ( Dan B)

The ONLY good news I take away is if the Bs meet the Penguins the Bs have a huge advantage behind the bench ( again)

And I'd hate to face Quick in the playoffs

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
That was one of the most boring game I ever sat threw :shakehead

Good luck in the Gold medal game Canada . Looks like Henrik Lundqvist took his over sized goalie gear with him.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
The story of the tournament always should have been Canada's absurdly good defense so far, US's supposedly lethal offense could only get a couple by Russia's weak defense. Bergeron is a ridiculously good hockey player.

Madturk

Oct 31, 2013
Florida
Really disappointing turn of events the past 24 hours. US played their worst game at the most inopportune time. Sounded like they never had a chance today. Congrats Canada.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Bylsma is notorious for being outfoxed by defensive-minded coaches; I thought he was doing a good job in the prior games however. Laviolette is notorious for not making timely in-game adjustments. Not enough jam.

Congrats Canada/Bergy/Clode.

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
The Canadians played a layered defense ( Claude)

The US played stretch passes and shoot from 40feet ( Dan B)

The ONLY good news I take away is if the Bs meet the Penguins the Bs have a huge advantage behind the bench ( again)

And I'd hate to face Quick in the playoffs

It looked a lot like what we did to Pitt in last year's ECF.

TinyRivers

Jun 26, 2006
Nova Scotia
Once again Kessel is shown that having the most points means JACK $$$HIT in this game, he nor his fans will never learn. Canada put on a hockey clinic right there, 60 minutes of solid effort, if not for Quick it would have been sooooo bad.

The term you're looking for is "TEAM".

Tell that to any Leafs fan and they say, but he's in the top 10...

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
what a disappointing effort....glad they left Keith Yandle and kept Justin Faulk

Noting in hockey more exciting than watching Ryan McDonagh, Brooks Orpik or Paul Martin start the transition.

Good thing they didn't bring JJ either. It isn't like he's exceptionally talented offensively.

I'm curious if McDonagh had more shots on Quick or the rest of the other netminders combined this Olympics.

acr*

It kind of sucks that we'll never have played Sweden but have no chance at a silver medal because of the way the tournament is structured.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Congrats to Team Canada's men team! Well played game! One Bruin will strike gold, one silver and hopefully Tuukka will get a bronze!!

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
The story of the tournament always should have been Canada's absurdly good defense so far, US's supposedly lethal offense could only get a couple by Russia's weak defense. Bergeron is a ridiculously good hockey player.

No need to be a smart A** take your win and Don't be so cocky Hopefully Sweden fills Canada's net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad