GDT: 2014 Winter Olympics Part SEIS, POTENTIAL SPOILERS ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
Canada is a great team and has the edge in talent, but the sad thing about this game is that it has had very little to do with that. Team USA has been out-coached off the ice, and out-worked on it. The US has not put its best foot forward today.

BigBadBruins63*

Blake Wheeler is dressed? That's the first shift i've noticed him.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Canada is a great team and has the edge in talent, but the sad thing about this game is that it has had very little to do with that. Team USA has been out-coached off the ice, and out-worked on it. The US has not put its best foot forward today.

One way to look at it or......they are encountering a team for the first time in this tournament who are 6 deep on D and they have had trouble with them so far

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
This tournament is showcasing the type of offensive player that Bergeron is. He doesn't get enough credit for that part of his game. The way he is utilized in Boston, and the fact that everyone gets fairly equal ice time, can sometimes mask his offensive abilities. He's been better than Toews, in my opinion.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
USA has looked good the rest of the tournament, though their most impressive win was probably against Russia, who struggled badly, in a shootout. Canada hasn't looked good against worse competition, but today they look much better, though they don't have to be great to shut USA down.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
What sucks is that Bergeron is going to be on the ice for the majority of the game...

He's been way too good..n

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
One way to look at it or......they are encountering a team for the first time in this tournament who are 6 deep on D and they have had trouble with them so far

Canada has a lot to do with it, but at the same time, I'm not happy with the effort and the game plan/lack of adjustments made. I don't feel they have given themselves the best chance to win. And they haven't played with enough urgency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad