OT: 2014 Winter Olympic Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I was a young kid when he broke in as a rookie and he was an instant phenom. Everyone from that era remembers how electrifyimg he was on the rush but the thing some might forget is how good he was defensively. He had a similar balance to his game of the Lidstrom, Bourque, or Neidermayer type it was just that Orr was much more of a game breaker.

Yup. And though I didn't understand it then, and even now I understand that +/- isn't necessarily representative, I think in Orr's case at least it is illustrative.

Highest season +/- +124
Career +/- +597

:amazed:

Yeah, it wasn't the same era that Gretzky played in in terms of scoring, but it wasn't all 1-0 or 2-1 games either. The expansion franchises did come in, but some of them (St. Louis) were pretty darn good teams too.

I can't imagine what his career numbers would have been if he'd had a less injury filled career. Even if you just projected his third season as the norm for post 75-76 he'd have been putting up 21-43-64 and probably could have played for another 4-5 years. That would have been insane.

I love me some Bobby Orr.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Who knew there were old people on these forums?

Aging is relentless. You'll eventually find out for yourself. ;)

What else did the Greeks invent? Doors.

Now, I have no idea if that's true or not, but since the Olympics are over and this thread is going OT, like some doors, this one's closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad