OT: 2014 Winter Olympic Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
Just heard it on XM.

Replacement player is yet to be announced.

EDIT: Mod note - use this thread for all discussion of the 2014 Olympic games, Hockey and otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
Didn't St.Louis pot 4 not long after being snubbed from the Olympic team? Maybe this was all part of their master plan to get him fired up before they bring him in. ;)

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Hope it's not a Jet. I don't want injury/tiredness to harm their professional obligations.

Pavelec gets tired just trying to spell Olympics and you people think we have a shot at the playoffs.

ihadtochangethename

Sep 1, 2012
USA
tbt im somewhat concerned by this announcement. All the press his recovery received and not one comment to the contrary from Stamkos or the Lightning that he was only on the come up, and now this. It kind of stunned me. Oh well, maybe im the only one who misinterpreted all the smiling faces and thumbs up.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
tbt im somewhat concerned by this announcement. All the press his recovery received and not one comment to the contrary from Stamkos or the Lightning that he was only on the come up, and now this. It kind of stunned me. Oh well, maybe im the only one who misinterpreted all the smiling faces and thumbs up.

In an interview yesterday--an interview of the "blah blah hopeful," "blah blah feels good," variety--he did say the next step was an X-ray today. An X-ray that he apparently failed, according to Yzerman.

Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria
The lad is 23, so no worries there.

Besides, if the NHL doesn't send players to subsequent Olympics he's still got 50 good years to qualify as a curler.

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
It would be criminal not to include St. Louis as his replacement. He brings experience, elite two-way play and leadership.

Bristo

The Oracle
Mar 24, 2013
Won't be Giroux. Crosby hates Giroux, and the team is built around him. Claude Giroux will never be an Olympian as long as Sid Crosby is one.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Won't be Giroux. Crosby hates Giroux, and the team is built around him. Claude Giroux will never be an Olympian as long as Sid Crosby is one.

Bit harsh thinking one would let personal feelings get in the way of what's best for the country? Or do you think Sid is that selfish?

Last edited:

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
If Giroux was as good as he thinks he is, there would be no way they could leave him off the team, regardless of personal feelings. But this season he's not even playing as good as I think he is.

Last edited:

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
There's no way they don't take St. Louis now after the uproar it brought when he wasn't originally selected to the team. I'd be happy with either him or Giroux.

Don't want to see Neal there.:shakehead

Bristo

The Oracle
Mar 24, 2013
Bit harsh thinking one would let personal feelings get in the way of what's best for the country? Or do you think Sid is that selfish?

It isn't even personal feelings. It's a short tournament, and the teams need to come together. Crosby is the best player in the world, and if there's a chance that his and Giroux not getting along could harm their chances, they'll just leave Giroux at home. Especially considering the crap year Giroux is putting together.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
It isn't even personal feelings. It's a short tournament, and the teams need to come together. Crosby is the best player in the world, and if there's a chance that his and Giroux not getting along could harm their chances, they'll just leave Giroux at home. Especially considering the crap year Giroux is putting together.

Yeah 18 goals and 37 assists for only 55 points this season is really crappy!:shakehead

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
There's no way they don't take St. Louis now after the uproar it brought when he wasn't originally selected to the team. I'd be happy with either him or Giroux.

Don't want to see Neal there.:shakehead

I'm a Pens fan and as much as I love Neal (stupid decisions on the ice aside) yeah I don't want him either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad