Prospect Info: 2014 Traverse City Tournament

Zuccarello Awesome*

Good post. The only question that it raises to me is would a player like Beukeboom have a place in today's NHL?

You kidding?

He'd make 5+ million on the open market?

(Brooks Orpik reference)

But, in all seriousness, you make a good point.

I am glad, however, that the Rangers front office / coaching staff has already told McIlrath that he's got to be more of a factor on the ice than simply a guy who drops the gloves and then is off the ice for 5 minutes at a time.

When I first watched him play, I thought there was some untapped offensive potential there, but to this point I haven't seen him develop that area of his game. He seems to still be struggling to some extent to read coverages and play actual defense. :help:

Zuccarello Awesome*

Why have we not seen Hayes' goal yet?

I'm salivating over here!

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I really hope Iverson has a chance to improve this year because the reviews on him this tournament were less than stellar.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
I've been on board with this idea since about 2009. Why does he continue to have a job?

Because he's Company Man Ken. The varsity quarterback who never moved on and is now the coach of his high school team while he pumps his chest and tells the kids "Yup, I'm a legend here"

SupersonicMonkey*

Haggerty with another goal...if he keeps this up in camp...

SupersonicMonkey*

I'm sorry to tell you, but Frank Boucher died in 1977.

And the world has been poorer since. Great man, great hockey player, great hockey mind. His book is quite a good read, too. If you can get your hands on a copy, i highly recommend it.

ilezia

Apr 13, 2010
I'd like some more info from Leslie on Zamorsky. We know it's confirmed he signed a contract to play in Finland; however, the last report we heard (though translated) made it sound as if he was looking forward to giving it a go with Hartford. Did the situation change? I'm also very curious to know what she meant by "at what level," implying that if Zamorsky played in Finland there was a possibility it would be in Mestis--which doesn't make sense because a) he's good enough to play in Liiga and b) Mestis isn't a feeder league, and his contract is with Blues.

I don't really have much info on the player himself and the whole contract situation looks very odd now.

Both Zamorsky and his agent said before Traverse that it's "NHL or Finland". Zamorsky had already been attending practices and pre-season games with Blues at this point.

We'll just have to see.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
You kidding?

He'd make 5+ million on the open market?

(Brooks Orpik reference)

But, in all seriousness, you make a good point.

I am glad, however, that the Rangers front office / coaching staff has already told McIlrath that he's got to be more of a factor on the ice than simply a guy who drops the gloves and then is off the ice for 5 minutes at a time.

When I first watched him play, I thought there was some untapped offensive potential there, but to this point I haven't seen him develop that area of his game. He seems to still be struggling to some extent to read coverages and play actual defense. :help:

I think he develops into a meaner Mike Sauer. I'd take that all day every day.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Iverson was also the youngest forward on our roster. I haven't looked at all the other teams but I assume he's one of the younger forwards in the tournament as a whole. No reason for concern.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I think he develops into a meaner Mike Sauer. I'd take that all day every day.

Speaking of guys who might become a meaner version of Sauer, whatever came out about Noreau in Traverse has been excellent. Let's hope he can establish himself as an AHLer this season despite the tremendous competition in Hartford.

While scoring forwards rarely go from the ECHL to the NHL, big defensemen do.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
Speaking of guys who might become a meaner version of Sauer, whatever came out about Noreau in Traverse has been excellent. Let's hope he can establish himself as an AHLer this season despite the tremendous competition in Hartford.

While scoring forwards rarely go from the ECHL to the NHL, big defensemen do.
Looks like the full year in Greenville is what he needed. Right now he's 7th on the Hartford depth chart, I'd
think he'll be seeing plenty of action with the Pack.

Jjksport

Jul 22, 2014
Millers has a certain poise with the puck, when we first saw him play. This is what stood out for me when I first watched him.
This is something the Rangers need and lack often. However, with adjustments to the speed of the game at the NHL level, and position changes, this willingness to try to make plays can cause turnovers.
It is not an easy skill to have, and I hope he gains that confidence and swagger back to show us that poise

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
My take away from this tournament is that the Rangers have improved the depth chart in goal, last game taken into account. So that's good. My overall impression is that our roster in TC was at many points out classed by it's opponents. That is to be expected given the lack of first round picks and the fact that few if any of these guys have played together before.

It's not the end of the world. These guys are still young and need a ton of work. We can be sure that some these guys will come back and surprise us. Both good and bad.

At any rate, it would probably be good for the Rangers to hold onto a few more of those first rounders for the next few years. I get what they are doing right now. I agree with it to a certain extent, but to me anyway the pipeline looks a bit thin right now. Stockpile the picks and be patient with them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad