Prospect Info: 2014 Traverse City Prospect Tournament (September 12th - 16th)

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
Dang we lost.

Well when it gets to OT anything can happen, Dallas had every chance to win that game and was just as good a team as Columbus. I'm just as happy that they outshot that team without Brett Ritchie :)

Primetimey*

That's it for Traverse this year. Good showing from the team this year despite Ritchie getting injured Smith, Ranford, Faksa stepped up.

Inching closer and closer to the preseason and regular season!

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Very cool blurb from The Hockey News on Dallas prospects:

Dallas

Julius Honka, D – An excellent offensive defenseman, Honka is great with the puck and can really start a rush the right way. He’s never going to plow guys under with his frame, but Honka is good at using his stick to defend.
Jason Dickinson, C – Like Columbus, the Stars had a stacked top-six and Dickinson roved the ice with great intent. His combination of size, speed and skill is difficult to contain.

Gemel Smith, RW – He and liney Brendan Ranford have to go together, since their chemistry was amazing. Smith was usually the set-up man, with Ranford pulling the trigger. Ranford also scored on a sweet penalty-shot move against Columbus.

Matej Stransky, RW – A big shark on the wing, Stransky was a dominating offensive player and he potted more than his share for Dallas. I did notice that he struggled against players who weren’t overpowered by his 6-foot-3, 200-pound body, though.
Ludwig Bystrom, D – This kid can straight-up wheel from the blueline. On top of his skating, Bystrom looked very confident and poised out there and contributed to the offense nicely.

Philippe Desrosiers, G – Desrosiers’ most obvious attribute is his puckhandling. He goes at it Marty Brodeur-style and though the quicker pace of the tourney sometimes made for close calls, it was still a strength. The big netminder also tracks the puck pretty well in traffic.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
Honestly sir, it seems absolutely no one outside of the organization has any love for him from what I can tell.

People must not watch the AHL playoffs.

I think it's just a matter of his scoring numbers seeming to evaporate in the OHL after he was drafted. If he looks better playing a two way game against the pros in the AHL, it's probably not enough to get many people's attention. He will be considered a bust by most until he actually makes an impact in the NHL.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I think it's just a matter of his scoring numbers seeming to evaporate in the OHL after he was drafted. If he looks better playing a two way game against the pros in the AHL, it's probably not enough to get many people's attention. He will be considered a bust by most until he actually makes an impact in the NHL.

Agree that's what's happening, but that doesn't make it a reasonable conclusion to draw. There is not point though in trying to change someone's opinion so I'm not advocating that either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad