Prospect Info: 2014 Traverse City Prospect Tournament (September 12th - 16th)

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Yeah, there will of course be a lot of competition in Cedar Park but I'm guessing the Faksa/Stransky combo is going to see a lot of ice and be major contributors this season. They play both ends of the rink, they almost constantly control the puck, they're dangerous and shifty offensively... hard to see any coach not loving that. This time though is very valuable for guys to make an impression who are going to be in CP under Laxdal and it seems like they're making the most of it.

I think Faksa & Stransky will put the final nail in Glennie's Dallas coffin in the nowish.

Primetimey*

Mark has the Ranford goal up, no idea how the goalie let that in. Terrible.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Laxdal:

We were running two power play units and just trying to get a bit of cohesion in it,” said Laxdal. “You started to see that coming with some of the guys on there like Ranford, Stransky and Honka. For any team here, you want to get stronger as the week goes on and guys were getting a little more comfortable playing with each other.

http://stars.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=730546&navid=DL|DAL|home

Definitely get the feeling that Dallas is going to do everything they can to get Honka in the AHL right away.

Primetimey*

Pronman:

Honka was really impressive, especially considering he has another year of under-20 eligibility. He looks unique in terms of how he plays the game. He's confident and smart with the puck, showing great offensive IQ along with top-end quickness. He's small (5-10, 181 pounds), but has a really hard shot. Dallas' chief scout Joe McDonnell mentioned how he sees Honka as being an effective rusher, puck mover and trigger man. I still have Honka as the Stars' No. 3 prospect behind Brett Ritchie and Jamie Oleksiak, but based on my observations this weekend, that gap has closed.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
I think Faksa & Stransky will put the final nail in Glennie's Dallas coffin in the nowish.

I don't think they're really competing for the same spots.

Faska replaces Eakin. Stransky replaces Garbutt. Glennie is that 4th line RW spot which should be Cole or Sceviour moving up the lineup.

Several spots open up next year and there doesn't appear to be much of a reason to go outside the organization to fill the holes, especially on the bottom lines.

FrailSwan

Feb 26, 2012
I have lost my home

Primetimey*

Time to get the hype going! CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!

Bxr1TPMIcAAzv4P.jpg

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Columbus has been very good so far. Looking at the tournament stats the two teams are really close so it could go either way. It should be a really good game so I wish we could at least have a stream for this one :(

TestGrave

Nov 30, 2013
Central Florida
Where is everyone? :D

Why didn't they play Kiviaho? I thought he did alright in his game, as far as I can judge with the boxscore only.

1 - 0 Columbus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad