2014 Training Camps announced

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
I've been looking for a stream today but I do not see one

I think if you go to the Coyotes site, click the "Media" tab and then "Coyotes TV" it is there. I went over and caught most of the scrimmage. It appeared the "Red" team (Domi, Samuelsson) dominated the "White" team (Lessio, Perlini). The White team had practiced before the scrimmage and may have lead to their not playing as well. It was good to see some hockey again.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I think if you go to the Coyotes site, click the "Media" tab and then "Coyotes TV" it is there. I went over and caught most of the scrimmage. It appeared the "Red" team (Domi, Samuelsson) dominated the "White" team (Lessio, Perlini). The White team had practiced before the scrimmage and may have lead to their not playing as well. It was good to see some hockey again.

They got worked pretty hard prior to the scrimmage

Lessio looked pretty good out there... showed much more speed that the others. Definitely going to push for a roster spot. We'll get a better idea come Tuesday night when they scrimmage the Kings rooks.

regal23

Sep 15, 2014
Does anyone know if they will be livestreaming scrimmage today? I was there yesterday and was impressed with Domi's overall game. Seemed to be taking care of his own end and doing the little things-very encouraging sign.

Dvorak and Dauphin also looked to be good out there.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Does anyone know if they will be livestreaming scrimmage today? I was there yesterday and was impressed with Domi's overall game. Seemed to be taking care of his own end and doing the little things-very encouraging sign.

Dvorak and Dauphin also looked to be good out there.

That's good news, but they are playing with their peers. Let's see how they look when the main camp starts. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

regal23

Sep 15, 2014
That's good news, but they are playing with their peers. Let's see how they look when the main camp starts. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

I agree for sure. However, it's always a good sign when players show progress against their peers. For instance, I like Samuelson's game but he doesn't appear to have improved his foot speed, even relative to his peers. For me this is a huge variable for him moving forward, and thus, a concern.

Like I said though, quite a few good looking prospects out there so far!!

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Kings fan here. I am driving in from the Inland Empire in So Cal and will be attending both games with my young adult son. The Kings rookie roster looks a lot less experienced than previous years (4 guys have one full year of AHL, the rest are all Juniors or out of college players). Went last time you guys hosted and it was pretty cool. I like your arena. There were maybe 2,000 to 3,000 in attendance if I had to hazard a guess. Last year Anaheim hosted at the Honda center and there were 8,000 +, they had to open the upper bowl.

Anyway, FYI to Yotes fans who are attending the Tue night game. I was trying to find a hotel for our Tuesday night stay over and all hotels in Glendale were sold out. Didn't make any sense to me so I did some checking and the boy band One Direction is playing at football stadium next door on Tue night, starting at the exact same time at the Kings-Coyotes rookie game (6 PM). Looks like the concert is taking away of lot of the hockey arena parking and also and charging $20 for the privilege. Not sure how they are working parking for the hockey game and if free parking was set aside for the mall and hockey game. I would suppose they would have to. Just be aware there will be a lot more traffic than you would expect.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
regulate - thanks for the tip about the concert. The Coyotes tweeted this out today:

Arizona Coyotes ‏@ArizonaCoyotes 3h

FYI Rookie Game Parking in Lot G - $15. Lot opens @ 4PM, see map for directions. Hockey spaces available until 6:30PM

BxmpiYWCQAEO8Pc.jpg

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
Kings fan here. I am driving in from the Inland Empire in So Cal and will be attending both games with my young adult son. The Kings rookie roster looks a lot less experienced than previous years (4 guys have one full year of AHL, the rest are all Juniors or out of college players). Went last time you guys hosted and it was pretty cool. I like your arena. There were maybe 2,000 to 3,000 in attendance if I had to hazard a guess. Last year Anaheim hosted at the Honda center and there were 8,000 +, they had to open the upper bowl.

Anyway, FYI to Yotes fans who are attending the Tue night game. I was trying to find a hotel for our Tuesday night stay over and all hotels in Glendale were sold out. Didn't make any sense to me so I did some checking and the boy band One Direction is playing at football stadium next door on Tue night, starting at the exact same time at the Kings-Coyotes rookie game (6 PM). Looks like the concert is taking away of lot of the hockey arena parking and also and charging $20 for the privilege. Not sure how they are working parking for the hockey game and if free parking was set aside for the mall and hockey game. I would suppose they would have to. Just be aware there will be a lot more traffic than you would expect.

I have never heard of One Direction but I guess they are popular enough for a football stadium. If hotels are booked that must mean people are flocking all over Arizona (maybe further than that) to see them.

As for parking I think it said attendance is free and did not say anything about the price of parking. But I have been wrong before.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
regulate - thanks for the tip about the concert. The Coyotes tweeted this out today:

Arizona Coyotes ‏@ArizonaCoyotes 3h

FYI Rookie Game Parking in Lot G - $15. Lot opens @ 4PM, see map for directions. Hockey spaces available until 6:30PM

BxmpiYWCQAEO8Pc.jpg

Thanks for that. I wonder if we can just park at the movie theaters for free and walk a bit? Shouldn't have to pay to park at the mall. Bad timing. If you look at the football stadium website, they have a parking map for the concert, which takes up most of the mall parking. Had to stay at a hotel 12 miles away in N. Phoenix. Yeah, those One Directions guys just filled the Rose Bowl for two nights and my nieces all went. It's a boy band.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Thanks for that. I wonder if we can just park at the movie theaters for free and walk a bit?

You and 60,000 people have the same idea :laugh:
Depending on how early you get there it might be viable.

I was planning on going to both days but now I'm just gonna go Wednesday. If it were a regular season game sure but for a free prospect game? Meh.

Assuming they can manage to keep the pay lot G hockey only I don't think you'll have too much of a problem. Even with all the nonsense from UofP.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Some photos from the 2010 Kings-Coyotes rookie game.

Stone and Szwarz. Who was the rookie captain?

157404438.pBAbfYxx.IMG_5021.jpg

Dwight King in the foreground. Can't remember who #78 was, but he got rag dolled.

157404441.A7B1GO8D.IMG_5055.jpg

Lots of this. Coyotes rookies won 7-1.

157404442.W9vem0dB.IMG_5062.jpg

Tippett, GMDM, and Ulf.

157404439.cAqfK9BC.IMG_5033.jpg

Dave and I go way back.

157404440.lqWkknVu.IMG_5036.jpg

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Thanks for that. I wonder if we can just park at the movie theaters for free and walk a bit? Shouldn't have to pay to park at the mall. Bad timing. If you look at the football stadium website, they have a parking map for the concert, which takes up most of the mall parking. Had to stay at a hotel 12 miles away in N. Phoenix. Yeah, those One Directions guys just filled the Rose Bowl for two nights and my nieces all went. It's a boy band.

UoP will be using some of Westgate's lots.

Only the UA Theater and Tanger Outlets lots will be will be available at no charge. UoP controlled lots are opening at 2pm.

letowskie

Aug 16, 2002
In your worst nighmare
Visit site
About the live streaming - Just saw this on facebook.

The first skate of the 2014-15 Rookie Camp is TODAY at 1:45 pm at Gila River Arena. Fans are welcome to attend at no charge!

If you cannot attend watch the live stream at arizonacoyotes.com.

Maybe they're doing the entire camp.

This is great news for their remote fans. THey are doing a great service for those who don't actually live in the PHX area.

British yote

May 16, 2014
England
Dammit, the stream starts at two in the morning over here. Il check in tomorrow for updates and I'm also sorry to hear one direction has reached you guys...

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
This center ice stream is a disappointment..Coyotes HF Boards Liaison!! (GiveAFlyingPuck) the community wishes to relay a message tot he Coyote Team overlords and underlings..

EDIT: Never mind..it got better :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad