2014 Training Camp Thread

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Anyway, Kuz never struck me a speed demon, he's more deliberate -- kind of like Backstrom, but he's gonna need to step it up. He needs to get to the point where he can make decisions fast enough while his feet are moving..

- more muscle mass
- new position
- new coach

He is playing slow atm.

Anyway he is much faster than Backstrom for all I know.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Does Liam O'Brien get a contract? I like his game, just not sure if he's redundant with guys like Brown and Latta already in the organization. I'd rather O'Brien get a sweater than Volpatti though.

moosii

Sep 24, 2014
Does Liam O'Brien get a contract? I like his game, just not sure if he's redundant with guys like Brown and Latta already in the organization. I'd rather O'Brien get a sweater than Volpatti though.

I'd be pretty shocked if he didn't get a contract at this point. He's fought, and fared pretty well, against some legit tough guys.
If Latta and Brown stick with the Caps then maybe that opens up a spot for him in Hershey.

And he wears no.87 which is worth a contract on its own.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
- more muscle mass
- new position
- new coach

He is playing slow atm.

Let's hope these things get worked out.

I agree that Kuz seems to have pretty good top speed (faster than Backstrom), but in NHL you want to be able to accelerate fast, stop/change direction, repeat.. I don't know how he is in that regard.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Let's hope these things get worked out.

I agree that Kuz seems to have pretty good top speed (faster than Backstrom), but in NHL you want to be able to accelerate fast, stop/change direction, repeat.. I don't know how he is in that regard.

Uhhh probably the best...

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
- more muscle mass
- new position
- new coach

He is playing slow atm.

Faster than Backstrom at what?? Certainly not thinking the game.

I've really wanted him to be great but Kuznetsov hasn't blown me away. Other than his nice shoot out goal yesterday. He's definitely not living up to any of the hype I heard for years.

If he were a North American he would definitely not be making the starting line up, IMHO. Is he going to be another Euro silver spoon?

Hershey would be where he'd start and put in some time like Orlov did. He's not hungry. Johansson could have started there too. It would not have killed him.

We'll see if coaching staff have the canastas to send him to Hershey. We're watching. Should be interesting.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad