Game Analysis: 2014 Training Camp Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Malone is better in front of the net but is garbage everywhere else. People are too enamored with his size...

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
#23 would suit Duclair, a hat-tip to mattingly, michael jordan and Beuk

28 would amuse those of us who recall the days when Tomas Sandstrom was our best wing

if he took 29 it would get my Ruotsalainen jersey some new attention 8)

looking at NYR site. it was surprising how rare 23, 25, 28 and 29 have been the last ~15 years, aside from Prucha

AHB*

Malone is better in front of the net but is garbage everywhere else. People are too enamored with his size...

Agreed. He's just not that good anymore and he can't keep up with this team. We'll see how Glass fares in the regular season, but as of now, he's shown his speed is actually fairly decent and he may be a strong addition to the fourth line.

From what I've read he really worked hard this off-season to get in top physical condition.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
#23 would suit Duclair, a hat-tip to mattingly, michael jordan and Beuk

28 would amuse those of us who recall the days when Tomas Sandstrom was our best wing

if he took 29 it would get my Ruotsalainen jersey some new attention 8)

looking at NYR site. it was surprising how rare 23, 25, 28 and 29 have been the last ~15 years, aside from Prucha
Who was the last Ranger to wear 23? Rachunek?

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Lines at practice:

Kreider - St. Louis - Nash
Hagelin - Brassard - Zuccarello
Duclair - Miller - Stempniak
Glass - Moore - Fast

Mueller and Malone spares.

Hayes (shoulder).

http://snyrangersblog.com/2014-15/2014-15-training-camp/practice-the-lines-the-rangers-used-today/

Apart from benching Glass in favor of Malone as mentioned upthread, I'd switch Haglein and Kreider.

Kredier worked very well with Zucc last season and Kredier-Stepan-Zuccarello was IMO our best line all of last season. He also adds a finisher to that line, which it is lacking at the moment.

Hagelin is also a better fit with Nash and MSL than Kredier is. Nash and MSL are both good finishers, so Kreider's shot is slightly redundant while Hagelin's defensive presence is needed - especially if MSL (who is quite 1-dimensional even at wing despite his reputation for good defensive effort) is going to play center.

It also balances out the size distribution between the lines for the size fetishists.

SupersonicMonkey*

No way, Glass has been better all pre-season. It shocks me to say this.

There's a lot of guys for rumors. You start by following main guys like Mckenzie and our beat writers, then you'll see who you want to follow from there. People pop up here and there in retweets and such so you kind of learn as you go.

If you follow someone that sucks or spams to much, you just unfollow them.

I'm not even talking about hockey though, it's literally my main news source. Every morning I spend about 20 minutes going through my twitter to catch up on what's going on in every facet of the world I'm interested in. Whether it's hockey, world news, US news, new health issues, stock market updates, etc.

I was like you. I still to this day don't interact on any social media and don't have any other accounts set up, but this is an exception. It's an amazing tool if utilized properly.

Thanks, guys. Maybe i will give it a try.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Rangers site listed Mueller as 14 this morning for some reason

yep also reports he skated with 14 helmet this AM
he's probably not going down to Hartford today,
NYR have space to put Hayes on short-term IR, back-dated to Chicago game on Friday, and defer the Hayes/Mueller decision for a while

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
roster building - it aint over til its over

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Blues put Peter Mueller on waivers

bigger, younger, healthier true Center than Lombardi
but the damn 50 contracts again

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Mueller is garbage.

Don't know why the Blues even experimented with him.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

Peter Mueller is on unconditional waivers for the purpose of contract termination. I don't think he's playing in North America this season.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Peter Mueller is on unconditional waivers for the purpose of contract termination. I don't think he's playing in North America this season.
Not that I think one will, but if a team claims him, he doesn't have much choice.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Would rather have Chris Mueller. Also good luck shedding a contract

Status
Not open for further replies.